• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

I know how much you guys LOOOOOOOOOOVE deathmatch wrestling, so here's a great main event from a recent BJW show;

Abdullah Kobayashi (c) vs Shuji Ishikawa - Light-tube, thumb-tack, barbed wire board, pane of glass Deathmatch - (BJW 01/02/13)

match of the day:

Tiger Mask (c) vs Dynamite Kid - 82 at MSG

http://youtu.be/vhTYbonnyl0

Awesome match, and the Tiger Mask vs Dynamite Kid series is one of my all-time favourite wrestling series - even if those matches are showing their age, it's easy to forgive as Tiger & Dynamite really were the innovators of the Super Jr. style.

Awesome match, and the Tiger Mask vs Dynamite Kid series is one of my all-time favourite wrestling series - even if those matches are showing their age, it's easy to forgive as Tiger & Dynamite really were the innovators of the Super Jr. style.

it's also cool to note that American audiences weren't exposed to this kind of wrestling in the early 80s. look at them go "oooooooooooohhhh" with a simple Tiger Mask spinning kick or the Tiger Feint.

Aiii

So not worth it
OH EM GEE! ONE OF ONLY FOUR 2012 TNA PAY-PER-VIEW'S IS TONIGHT!

THAT MEANS! PREDICTION TIME FOR GENESIS!!

Okay, I'll be honest here, this PPV is hardly getting me excited at all, some of the matches look good though, but hardly any proper build for any of them. Ah well, I'll go for the quick and dirty predictions this time, because if TNA can't be arsed, neither should I.

Knockouts Gauntlet Match for the #1 Contender
Gail Kim vs. ODB vs. Miss Tessmacher vs. Mickie James vs. Velvet Sky

It's time for ODB to become champ.

Devon (TV Champion) vs. Joseph Park
One of the matches I'm looking forward to, I've made no excuses, I love everything about the Joe Park character, as far as I'm concerned Abyss can stay dead and buried and Joe Park, Esq. will remain his character from now until eternity. So, of course Joe wins!

FINALS OF THE X TOURNAMENT
Kenny King vs. Christian York

Should and will be Kenny King, I like his heel turn, nice and sneaky, he'll win both matches.

X DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
Tournament Winner vs. Rob Van Dam

Rob Van Dam needs to retire, badly. He's not fun to watch, he doesn't care and neither do we. Isn't there a backstage role he can do and still collect his paycheck? As said, title goes to someone worthy of the title, Kenny King.

Christopher Daniels vs. "Cowboy" James Storm
Looking forward to this match, if only for the participants, I hope Daniels comes out on top, maybe with the aid of newly heel AJ Styles? Would be a nice SWERVE to have him ally with Kaz and Daniels. Hell, it'll be a way better heel stable than Aces and Eights could ever be.

D.O.C. from Aces & Eights vs. "The Icon" Sting
... ....

... ..

Fuck this match and also, fuck this company.

WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
Matt Morgan & Joey Ryan vs. Chavo Guerrero & Hernandez

Words cannot describe how little I care about Chavo. He's one of those people that is going by on his name, with none of the talent that came with it. Get lost Chavo and take Hernandez with you. Congratulations new champs by "I give a little more of a shit about you than the other guys" Ryan and Morgan.

TRIPLE THREAT MATCH FOR THE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
Austin Aries vs. Jeff Hardy (c) vs. Bobby Roode

Literally the only match on the card that will be worthwhile. Can save this PPV if any of the guys takes the title of "I look like the shitiest clown ever" Jeff Hardy. Things Jeff Hardy has done that pissed me off in the past months:
1. Win the title from Aries.
2. Retain the title for months.
3. Make a shitty godawful music album.
4. INNER FUCKING MONOLOGUES.
5. Win Wrestler of the Year over Austin Aries, because Impact viewers are retards that'll support anyone that has at one point been a thing in WWE or WCW.
I'm fine with either Roode or Aries taking the belt, but I feel Roode shouldn't have another run before James Storm gets his fucking turn already. So Austin Aries, congratulations on becoming a two time TNA World Champion!

Laserfrog

And still no episode about Lou Thesz, Pat Patterson would mention about starting in the business and not being able to speak english and Hayes will mispronounce and make up a word. It happens in every episode.

strobogo

Banned
I haven't watched any TNA shows since they went back to taping them. The undercard sounds random even for TNA. They brought Kenny King back? Where did he go for months? And they turned him heel? Weird.

Why are Chris Daniels and James Storm in a singles match? Is Kaz involved? Where have Gail, Mickey, and Velvet been for the past 6 months? Did they rehire Velvet? Why? I thought Sting was dead forever? Why is Joe Park wrestling Devon? Is it for the TV Title? Why does Devon still have the title? Why does TNA have the title at all?

RVD doesn't even pretend he isn't in it for anything but the money. He said from the day he left WWE until showing up in TNA that he'd only go there if they money was right since he didn't really have any interested in wrestling anymore. It shows.

Aiii

So not worth it
Actually, TNA is still live, they only taped two shows around christmas, it seems they're remaining live for the rest of them. It's good news.

Now, Joe Parks went to wrestling school at OVW and he's now getting his match against Devon because of the whole kidnapping thing. It's not for the title. Devon actually forfitted the title before he joined A&8's and only beat Joe for it -can't even remember- not that long ago.

Kaz is always involved. Storm and Daniels just needed something to do I guess, AJ Styles is still around somewhere and I reckon he's going into a program with Storms until it's time for him to win the title at the end of the year.

strobogo

Banned
Actually, TNA is still live, they only taped two shows around christmas, it seems they're remaining live for the rest of them. It's good news.

Now, Joe Parks went to wrestling school at OVW and he's now getting his match against Devon because of the whole kidnapping thing. It's not for the title. Devon actually forfitted the title before he joined A&8's and only beat Joe for it -can't even remember- not that long ago.

Kaz is always involved. Storm and Daniels just needed something to do I guess, AJ Styles is still around somewhere and I reckon he's going into a program with Storms until it's time for him to win the title at the end of the year.

Oh. I stopped when they started taping shows around Thanksgiving and everything I've heard since has been terrible outside of whatever A Double is up to. I don't miss it at all. I've got enough nonsensical wrestling promotions going on right now. Why watch the knock off when I can just watch WCW at its peak?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
GWF scripting is tough. We have a DPPV on Monday night after Raw. Hope you guys are excited! We're taking the first steps towards the end of the GWF.

tm24

GWF scripting is tough. We have a DPPV on Monday night after Raw. Hope you guys are excited! We're taking the first steps towards the end of the GWF.
How can Gwf end when I'm not even in it!

Yesterday was really a great day. AYCE Korean bbq, a niners win and PWG. Truly magical

A.E Suggs

Oh. I stopped when they started taping shows around Thanksgiving and everything I've heard since has been terrible outside of whatever A Double is up to. I don't miss it at all. I've got enough nonsensical wrestling promotions going on right now. Why watch the knock off when I can just watch WCW at its peak?

You'll run out of matches.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I know TNA doesn't draw much of a crowd but it killed WrassleGAF.

I know TNA doesn't draw much of a crowd but it killed WrassleGAF.

There's a TNA tonight? Eh.

ikqXwdsxYKU4A.gif

Jerry Lawler, this is your life;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoYsnIRdVQE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F39eziSAFLE

Brinbe

Yep opens with Samoa Joe vs Mr. Anderson, but whats more Important to TNA is the Bully Ray and Brooke Hogan wedding this Thursday!

Man, and I even watched that shit-awful Impact ending and didn't realize it. Welp, looks like I'll have it on as background noise. PPVs usually deliver solid matches (and screwy finishes) at least.

somedevil

I missed Hernandez almost killing someone again by botching the powerbomb on Joey Ryan. When will someone get on him for being sloppy.

Top Bottom