• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

Kaladin

1/4 PPVs of the year.

Not a damn thing happened.

New Page

M6s6x.jpg

DDP is not impressed.

lol seriously though, that twist of fate through the ropes might have been the worst thing I've seen in a long time. It literally could not possibly have hurt Aries.

Kaladin

I think they had planned to cut down to only the three big PPVs, but realized they had announced Genesis before they set those plans in motion so they had to do the show.

BlazinAm

I think they had planned to cut down to only the three big PPVs, but realized they had announced Genesis before they set those plans in motion so they had to do the show.

Well maybe... I don't see the point of a November or December ppv so many other distractions. Cutting it down to three is pretty ballsy through.

Kaladin

Well maybe... I don't see the point of a November or December ppv so many other distractions. Cutting it down to three is pretty ballsy through.

I can't think of any other reason why they would have absolutely nothing happen on one of their four PPVs.

BlazinAm

He became #1 contender for a title shot on Impact in two weeks.....that's kind of something I guess. It seems pointless though.

oh. No sense of a build towards Lockdown? That sucks.

They were hinting at Storm being a part of Aces... I think it is time to pull the trigger on an idea like that. Build up to Storm vs Hardy in the cage with the idea that Aces can't interfere.

Also I think they need to unveil more members of Aces fill up the card to the brim because the main reason I didn't even bother watching the ppv was because the only thing of interest for me was the seeing Austin Aries wrestle.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Observer said:
* Mark Henry's return to WWE is still not known at this time. Henry had stated publicly that he was getting close back in December, but still left doubt if he would ever return.

* As noted earlier here on the website, Christian is scheduled to return for WWE at the end of January. No word on if he'll be a "surprise" entrant in the 30-man Royal Rumble match.

* As we reported earlier today, WWE is continuing work on a new training facility in Orlando and was described as nearly being completed. The facility will reportedly hold up to five different rings meaning five times the ring time for developmental wrestlers. Opposing opinions to that is the constant noise making it hard for trainers to work with the developmental talent.

I hope no more Christian. Retire brah.

BlazinAm

Sounds like the trainers don't want to work harder or maybe wwe should look for more variety in how they develop talent.

I don't understand how we have spoilers for those pre-taped ppv that TNA is running and it is only January. They stacked them in front of the Genesis ppv like really?

ZeroRay

So I saw Tanahashi vs Suzuki last night.

Holy shit, that's the best story I've seen told in the ring since I don't know when. And the most high risk move
was a splash from the top rope
. Masterclass.

So I saw Tanahashi vs Suzuki last night.

Holy shit, that's the best story I've seen told in the ring since I don't know when. And the most high risk move
was a splash from the top rope
. Masterclass.

Wasn't it just? Fucking amazing storytelling, no head-drops, no near-falls, no real big spots to mention, just kick ass wrestling, psychology and selling. I love the way Tanahashi shoots out Suzuki's leg with a dropkick near the beginning, but then Suzuki gains control for a good 10 minutes, working over Tanahashi's arm before he can make a come back. When Tanahashi hits the dragon screw to turn the match in his favour, Suzuki sells it so damn perfectly, and again, when Tanahashi has Suzuki in the figure four, and he's screaming at Tanahashi to "break my fucking leg!", he sells it so very well. People often mistake Suzuki's bad-ass attitude as being uncooperative, or criticise him for underselling everything, but so much of what made this match great was Suzuki's selling, his facial expressions and just the intensity he brought to the match. My MOTY by a long shot.

Striker

I hope no more Christian. Retire brah.
The WWE's current midcard basically consists of Kofi, Cesaro, Miz, Brodus Clay, Santino, and Wade Barrett. Even that's being generous since Santino and Brodus hardly win their matches.

Having Christian involved at least gives a credible wrestler to cross against Cesaro.

Aiii

So not worth it
That AJ gif at least somewhat washes the sour taste of Genesis out of my mouth.

It's like TNA doesn't even bother anymore. It really is time to sell off the company Dixie.

Laserfrog

I don't hate Christian, I like him a lot. But I can imagine the audience being sad and Christian being sad and us all being sad when he comes back. He'll wrestle and we'll think 'that Christian he really could have been used better'. It'll give use time to reflect on all the people that could have been used better.

DDP could have been Christian's storyline father.

Laserfrog

And Magnum T.A. will be an entrant and we'll all lament his car crash and where is career could have gone if things had just turned out differently. Scott Hall will come in looking worse for wear, we'll see what the wrestling business and his own mind have really done to him and we'll shed a tear. Kevin Von Erich will run on in and we'll think of all his brothers and father and cry.

That will end the sad part of the rumble and after crying all the happy stories of wrestling will run in.

Aiii

So not worth it
So, why does the IMPACT ZONE insist on chanting "Lets go ..., ... Sucks" at every wrestler.

Are they trying to lure John Cena away from WWE?

Jamie OD

So, why does the IMPACT ZONE insist on chanting "Lets go ..., ... Sucks" at every wrestler.

Are they trying to lure John Cena away from WWE?

Standard indie chanting from standard indie fans. At least it's better than chanting TNA over and over.

Top Bottom