• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

Striker

I would mark out if Shelton was a surprise entrant.

I think I would mark out even more if MVP was a surprise entrant, but MVP has expressed anti-WWE shit in his twitter before. Hasn't stopped others in the past, really.
Money talks.

That said, I am confident they would do nothing positive for these two.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This will get some use.
tumblr_mgj1vohNtH1s38mqko3_250.gif

Kofi wins WHC by beating Kane in 15 seconds, Sandow gets fired same night.

The WrestleGAF tears I would consume...forget immortality, I would become a GOD.

You really don't want to share those tears, deliberately choosing Kane as a victim to add my own tears to your gaudy goblet, sheer greed but that would also mean Kane as WHC again and also putting over Kofi in pure Triple G fashion so you haven't got me yet!

My arms aren't too short to box with false God Beef.

You really don't want to share those tears, deliberately choosing Kane as a victim to add my own tears to your gaudy goblet, sheer greed but that would also mean Kane as WHC again and also putting over Kofi in pure Triple G fashion so you haven't got me yet!

My arms aren't too short to box with false God Beef.

You don't have arms, you have wings!

McNei1y

Oh man Raw comes to DC on April 1st... the same day of Opening Day baseball. I think I have to go to the Nationals game during the day and then make my way over to the Verizon Center to see the Raw before Wrestlemania.

Kacho

Gold Member
Oh man Raw comes to DC on April 1st... the same day of Opening Day baseball. I think I have to go to the Nationals game during the day and then make my way over to the Verizon Center to see the Raw before Wrestlemania.

Yeah, I'm (secretly) bummed since I will be on my honeymoon at the time. I really wanted to see the Rock. lol

You don't have arms, you have wings!

YO, QUIT BREAKING KAYFABE!
I'll fly up to your forgery of a celestial plane, swoop down upon false God Beef cradling your ambrosia of Wrasslegaf tears, pick it up with my talons and stick it straight up your unholy ass!
Actually I have no idea how that last bit would be accomplished without nastiness to yours truly.

YO, QUIT BREAKING KAYFABE!
I'll fly up to your forgery of a celestial plane, swoop down upon false God Beef cradling your ambrosia of Wrasslegaf tears, pick it up with my talons and stick it straight up your unholy ass!
Actually I have no idea how that last bit would be accomplished without nastiness to yours truly.

Be careful flying up there, because you know what happened to Icarus. When you fly too close to the sun, THE DOG DIES.

gurudyne

I was watching the Smackdown videos and something hit me (aside from the realization that Chyna was built like a brick shithouse.) Aside from the energetic theme, powerhouse crowd and tone-setting pyro, something else has been missing from wrestling recently: flash photography. It's still there, the occasional pop in the background, but I remember seeing more of it, especially in the Attitude era. Stone Cold Stunner or Rock Bottom happens and the crowd livens up with a thousand pops of light, bathing everything in the arena with rock concert levels of epilepsy-inducing strobing. It gave everything in the show a more active feel and subliminally showed the audience buying into it all. Hell, it may have even enhanced the audience's hype, a sort of feedback loop.

One reason's easy enough to see. We no longer have all twenty of the WW
F
E photographers around the ring constantly snapping shots of every important move and reaction throughout the show. Better camera quality is another. The ability to take low light pictures without need for a flash is nice, but it takes something away from the shows when the TV cameras aren't being bombarded with a thousand representations of people thinking "OMG NEED TO CAPTURE THIS MOMENT FOREVER."

Just a thought.

/thingswerebetterinmytimerant

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So what's up with the US and their infatuation with Hand Egg? Owl, my bro, help me out here.

It's that time of the year. Also it's a good sport. A true chess game on the gridiron. You should look into it, I used to play and enjoy watching it...but I also shut the fuck up about it.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I was watching the Smackdown videos and something hit me (aside from the realization that Chyna was built like a brick shithouse.) Aside from the energetic theme, powerhouse crowd and tone-setting pyro, something else has been missing from wrestling recently: flash photography. It's still there, the occasional pop in the background, but I remember seeing more of it, especially in the Attitude era. Stone Cold Stunner or Rock Bottom happens and the crowd livens up with a thousand pops of light, bathing everything in the arena with rock concert levels of epilepsy-inducing strobing. It gave everything in the show a more active feel and subliminally showed the audience buying into it all. Hell, it may have even enhanced the audience's hype, a sort of feedback loop.

F
E photographers around the ring constantly snapping shots of every important move and reaction throughout the show. Better camera quality is another. The ability to take low light pictures without need for a flash is nice, but it takes something away from the shows when the TV cameras aren't being bombarded with a thousand representations of people thinking "OMG NEED TO CAPTURE THIS MOMENT FOREVER."

Just a thought.

It's funny. I was thinking the same thing a few weeks ago, lol. Of course, people still take plenty of pics, but flash just isn't necessary now.

It's that time of the year. Also it's a good sport. A true chess game on the gridiron. You should look into it, I used to play and enjoy watching it...but I also shut the fuck up about it.

But you don't use your feet. And those commercials...so uncivilized. Don't get me started on the ridiculousness of it being called a "Super Bowl," either.

You Americans, I swear.

F

Just a thought.

Damn I think you just ruined modern wwe even more for me.

This time of year is usually upsetting for me, as I'm usually still trying to get over the recent disappointing season by my Oakland Raiders. 2013 is no different.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Razor Ramon vs Owen Hart

Best time of WWF is right before Attitude Era, imo. HBK, Razor, Diesel having good matches, Bret, Owen, Sid, Vader, Rick Martel, Undertaker, Mr. Perfect, Pillman, Austin before he became all catchphrases. Good stuff.

Eh, I'm not too big a fan of the look of the Attitude Era. Too grungy. I'd much rather have the look of now, with the booking of that time.

Why doesnt WWE do more TV shows in Madison Square Garden?

Seems like they do house shows there ever few months but the last time they did a actual show there was when punk won the title.

They always get a great crowd there.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Why doesnt WWE do more TV shows in Madison Square Garden?

Seems like they do house shows there ever few months but the last time they did a actual show there was when punk won the title.

They always get a great crowd there.
It's probably to maintain the mystique. They like to save MSG for big shows.

Top Bottom