• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

Alucard

Banned
Guys...I'm burned out on wrestling again. See you in a few months. Hope that TNA and WWE get better in the meantime. See yaaaa!

tumblr_mgjp63YTzU1rmemo1o1_500.jpg

Kyoufu

Guys...I'm burned out on wrestling again. See you in a few months. Hope that TNA and WWE get better in the meantime. See yaaaa!

What.

There's a hot feud going on in the main event of WWE and you're taking a break until it gets better?

spoiler:

It doesn't get better than this.

Alucard

Banned
What.

There's a hot feud going on in the main event of WWE and you're taking a break until it gets better?

spoiler:

It doesn't get better than this.

I just feel bored. The Punk/Rock stuff is cool, but...meh to almost everything else. There are better ways to spend my free time.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I just feel bored. The Punk/Rock stuff is cool, but...meh to almost everything else. There are better ways to spend my free time.

Just ignore WWE/TNA and watch international wrestling! Also do what I do and stop watching WWE programming. My life's fine without waiting on it. Something notable? Youtube that shit.

Aiii

So not worth it
Honestly though, if you're only giving up for a few months and then coming back, the WrestleMania period seems like the worst time to do it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I was watching Death Grip yesterday (the mini documentary CNN did when Benoit did his thing he did) and it really made me sad - because Chris Kanyon is interviewed and followed in it, and he calls himself a survivor. Really depressing knowing he didn't make it out. :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZgI8tlVb1U

Aiii

So not worth it
Dean Malenko's old theme sounds a bit like Cesaro's theme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmcFZfl8BTI

Every now and then Jim Johnston gets stuck on repeat. I hear they just have to kick him once or twice and he gets unstuck and produces original knock-off music again.

Last years wrestlemania was so damn dissapointing.
Other than the rock and the streak i cant remember what else happened

Come on now, Dancing Mama's, Kane, 18 seconds, Team Johnny, etc.

Oh, and lets not forget the legendary performances by Flo Rida and that white kid. Those were pretty memorable!

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
You know, I kind of feel like they need to do something with Randy Orton right now.

Maybe a feud with Barrett for the IC title.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Christian will be jobbing to Brodus Clay by Mania, I guarantee it.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
So, my birthday is 1/27. Wish I could go to the PPV.

I just found out there's a Road to Wrestlemania Raw house show the 1st in my town.

Spent 110$ on two tickets.

The included superstar section pretty much has everyone I'd like to see live (whether I like them or not), excluding The Rock of course.
It lists... Cena, Punk, Ryback, Ziggler, The Miz, Cesaro, The Shield, Kane, Daniel Bryan, Big E, and AJ,

AJ better show!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So, my birthday is 1/27. Wish I could go to the PPV.

I just found out there's a Road to Wrestlemania Raw house show the 1st in my town.

Spent 110$ on two tickets.

The included superstar section pretty much has everyone I could want there, excluding The Rock of course.

AJ better show!

It should be fun because house shows are badass. Sometimes (often) a better and more watchable product than what's on TV!

Aiii

So not worth it
AJ better show!

She hasn't missed a Raw House Show since the summer, so I wouldn't worry.

Going to the WrestleMania Revenge Raw House Show myself, Raw has by far the superiour house show atm. Pretty much all the interesting talent is on there.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
It should be fun because house shows are badass. Sometimes (often) a better and more watchable product than what's on TV!

She hasn't missed a Raw House Show since the summer, so I wouldn't worry.

Going to the WrestleMania Revenge Raw House Show myself, Raw has by far the superiour house show atm. Pretty much all the interesting talent is on there.

Yay, I'm excited.

Yeah, the Smackdown version would be such a tier lower. Big Show, Kofi, Shemaus, etc. I'd still go, but this Raw house will be so hype.

Aiii

So not worth it
Only problem would be if Ziggler won the WHC belt. He's a Raw performer, but that belt will go to the Smackdown House Show.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Remember folks, the GWF DPPV is on right after Raw - and promises the return of Bishoptl and many terrifying matches.

Shark Johnson in a grudge match against Strobogo
A week ago, Stephanie wanted suggestions for Heavy to defending his title, and Shark interrupted Stro's journey to the TV Title! Last time, Shark abused Stro in front of a soda machine. What will happen this time? It's time to put the feud to bed!

Bishoptl will have an announcement, surely leading to a match where if the GWF competitor loses...his or her character will be DELETED FOREVER! Between Bishoptl and Mumei, two of the Four Kings of NeoGAF have shown their faces! Their power is immeasurable!

??? vs Jaekwon15
Jaekwon15 summoned Bishoptl last time - and the locker room knows ALL about it. After his loss in the triple threat TV Title match with Heavy and B-Arthur, Jaekwon15 called Bishoptl - and now he's going to stand up for what he's done, against a mystery opponent who will represent "the boys in the back" - can Jaekwon15 dance and groove his way out of this scenario?

Heavy (c) vs Marius_
Heavy is undefeated and holds the TV Title. Marius_ is from Pop-GAF. Thanks to Mumei's conniving and theft of the Commissioner's Briefcase, Marius_ gets a TV Title shot. Will GAF rally behind Heavy to keep the Pop-GAF invaders out?

GWF Tag Titles Match
With the GWF nearing the end of its lifespan, it needs to crown new tag champs. Stephanie McMahon has stated that the Tag Titles are known as the Frenemy Titles, which means it's time for the LETHAL LOTTERY to choose the tag partners! Can sworn enemies work together to win? Will an established tag team get lucky and get paired up? The titles are suspended above a ladder - and we'll see who gets a crack at them!

Lottery Members:
Nocturnowl
Sokantish
Ithil
Mr. Sandman
Kyoufu
Aiii
Entropia
Parallax
Professor Beef
...and more

Laserfrog vs Bootaaay in a Hell in a Cell match for the GWF Global Championship!
This matchup is a true test of superpowers - two men, initially blinded by femininity, were at war - and then forgave each other, in a true display of strength. Now that the temptress is out of the picture, it's time for Laserfrog and Bootaaay to get it on in a good, honest fight! Will Bootaaay revert to his old cheatin' ways? Can Laserfrog persevere and win the title he so desperately desires?

Tune in tonight right after RAW for the tears, the cheers, and the inevitable jeers! The GWF's WORLDS COLLIDE DPPV (Don't Pay Per View, aka "free")!

http://twitch.tv/Sunnybuns

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Only problem would be if Ziggler won the WHC belt. He's a Raw performer, but that belt will go to the Smackdown House Show.
And then they would probably send AJ with Ziggler to Smackdown house shows? Noooo. So close to seeing AJ, yet so far. lol.

Aiii

So not worth it
There is talk within WWE that Randy Orton may need some time off soon to deal with a personal situation. No word yet on what the issue is, but it has nothing to do with the Wellness or behavioral issues that have kept him out of the ring in recent years.

Don't really know about Orton, if I was WWE I wouldn't even remotely dare to push the guy into the titlepicture again.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
-- Santino Marella suffered a neck injury at Friday night's WWE live event from Austin, Texas. He's been taken off the road while doctors evaluate the injury. Jamie Noble filled in for Santino on Saturday night, wrestling Tensai.

Via Observer

Ithil

That's a lot of injuries lately. And Mysterio/Orton taking time off for personal issues?

They definitely need that roster pump up they were looking for, it's thin enough as it is, now they're losing guys to injury.

knee

Every now and then Jim Johnston gets stuck on repeat. I hear they just have to kick him once or twice and he gets unstuck and produces original knock-off music again.

But then again, isn't he allowed to sample his own music? Jim Johnston should be in the WWE Hall of Fame with 3 Disc DVD/CD release by now,

Also, I've always thought that Stone Cold's music was a hyped of version of Razor Ramon's music. (remove wind, add breaking glass at the starting)

Stone Cold: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TwLOOFvzS4
Razor Ramon: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=nDHHf2X_5Gw#t=9s

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Come on now, Dancing Mama's, Kane, 18 seconds, Team Johnny, etc.

Oh, and lets not forget the legendary performances by Flo Rida and that white kid. Those were pretty memorable!

And I see why I don't remember. So much garbage

Remember folks, the GWF DPPV is on right after Raw - and promises the return of Bishoptl and many terrifying matches.

Shark Johnson in a grudge match against Strobogo
A week ago, Stephanie wanted suggestions for Heavy to defending his title, and Shark interrupted Stro's journey to the TV Title! Last time, Shark abused Stro in front of a soda machine. What will happen this time? It's time to put the feud to bed!

Bishoptl will have an announcement, surely leading to a match where if the GWF competitor loses...his or her character will be DELETED FOREVER! Between Bishoptl and Mumei, two of the Four Kings of NeoGAF have shown their faces! Their power is immeasurable!

??? vs Jaekwon15
Jaekwon15 summoned Bishoptl last time - and the locker room knows ALL about it. After his loss in the triple threat TV Title match with Heavy and B-Arthur, Jaekwon15 called Bishoptl - and now he's going to stand up for what he's done, against a mystery opponent who will represent "the boys in the back" - can Jaekwon15 dance and groove his way out of this scenario?

Heavy (c) vs Marius_
Heavy is undefeated and holds the TV Title. Marius_ is from Pop-GAF. Thanks to Mumei's conniving and theft of the Commissioner's Briefcase, Marius_ gets a TV Title shot. Will GAF rally behind Heavy to keep the Pop-GAF invaders out?

GWF Tag Titles Match
With the GWF nearing the end of its lifespan, it needs to crown new tag champs. Stephanie McMahon has stated that the Tag Titles are known as the Frenemy Titles, which means it's time for the LETHAL LOTTERY to choose the tag partners! Can sworn enemies work together to win? Will an established tag team get lucky and get paired up? The titles are suspended above a ladder - and we'll see who gets a crack at them!

Lottery Members:
Nocturnowl
Sokantish
Ithil
Mr. Sandman
Kyoufu
Aiii
Entropia
Parallax
Professor Beef
...and more

Laserfrog vs Bootaaay in a Hell in a Cell match for the GWF Global Championship!
This matchup is a true test of superpowers - two men, initially blinded by femininity, were at war - and then forgave each other, in a true display of strength. Now that the temptress is out of the picture, it's time for Laserfrog and Bootaaay to get it on in a good, honest fight! Will Bootaaay revert to his old cheatin' ways? Can Laserfrog persevere and win the title he so desperately desires?

Tune in tonight right after RAW for the tears, the cheers, and the inevitable jeers! The GWF's WORLDS COLLIDE DPPV (Don't Pay Per View, aka "free")!

http://twitch.tv/Sunnybuns

You might as well give the titles to me and beef or sandman

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's Adrian Neville week!

Hit End to go to the bottom of the page as it opened, was greeted by inappropriate crotch. Fellow coworkers think I'm up to no good. Hide your dick Adrian!

When Hart came to WCW he got to work making knockoff versions of WWF themes for all the incoming WWF talent. Most famously, to me, is that he re-did Randy Savage's Pomp and Circumstance, a PUBLIC DOMAIN SONG able to be played ANYWHERE without paying royalties. Hilarious.

Ithil

Still can't believe how jacked PAC got. Must have decided to get the WWE look going before he got there (unlike Bryan, Mysterio, Eddie, etc, who got jacked during their career in WWE).

FyreWulff

I liked it when Jimmy Hart did all those fake versions of wrestler themes for the Legends of Wrestling games.

I still don't know why TNA had such a terrible version of Flair's theme. It's in the public domain you scrubs, why did they have to maul it with such a terrible synth bank.

It's like they just can't manage themes at TNA.

There's also been some Jimmy of Jimmy songs for no particular reason in WWE DVDs.

Laserfrog

Hit End to go to the bottom of the page as it opened, was greeted by inappropriate crotch. Fellow coworkers think I'm up to no good. Hide your dick Adrian!

When Hart came to WCW he got to work making knockoff versions of WWF themes for all the incoming WWF talent. Most famously, to me, is that he re-did Randy Savage's Pomp and Circumstance, a PUBLIC DOMAIN SONG able to be played ANYWHERE without paying royalties. Hilarious.

Oh I see, Hart probably wanted to rock it up some. I like fake versions of songs, I have a fake Star Wars theme in my Royalty free music vault.

Nice hype for the GWF DPPV sunflower, sounds like it's going to be a great show.

Also, I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but Brian Cage is a f'n machine;

isHPRyzu8aY6f.gif

Top Bottom