• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

DMczaf

Ziggler needs to stop worrying about Rock and start worrying about the colossal burial coming his way from the hands of Cena.

Remember when Wade Barrett got buried by hundreds of chairs and wasn't seen again til the next year? That's nothing.

Cagey

Banned
To answer Cagey, The concept of women's wrestling is fine, it can be great fun, it's just the WWE have no desire to let the divas put on actual wrestling matches so for them it really is pretty pointless, actually not quite pointless, toilet breaks are important enough.

I tend to view women's wrestling like I view women's basketball or women's soccer. As you said, the concept is fine and can sometimes be entertaining, but I don't think it's merely the WWE's fault for why the product is so terrible in execution.

Laserfrog

National Wrestling Association banned wrestlers from appearing on cards that had women's or midget wrestling on the card. That's before the National Wrestling Alliance.

My first instinct when they have Del Rio the belt was so that Ziggler could cash in on him. Him vs ADR and Orton Vs Sheamus at WM seems suitably boring to be believable.

DMczaf

Alright you smart GAF members, what going to happen tonight?

Houston is going to rock

20130110_EP_LARGE_5pt_Promo_Rock_Guitar_L.jpg

Kyoufu

Pretty sad, really. I mean it's great to see him 1 step away from the the WWE, as he's worked hard to get there, all those years doing the social clubs in the North-East. Just a shame he felt (forced?) to beef/juice up.

He's a Geordie?!

Screw Punk. Adrian Neville is where it's at.

I tend to view women's wrestling like I view women's basketball or women's soccer. As you said, the concept is fine and can sometimes be entertaining, but I don't think it's merely the WWE's fault for why the product is so terrible in execution.

I can probably count the number of quality women's matches in WWE over more recent years on one hand which says a lot I guess, still with the right talent and a stronger push I could see myself anticipating such a division in the WWE, as of right now though it holds pretty much nothing of value to me, yet I wouldn't cast it aside as I have the misplaced hope that it could get better one day and those with talent would actually get an opportunity to showcase it, instead the belt gets flung on models with little wrestling ability so...yeah.

Son of a bitch, WWE is trying to ruin the tag team match playa meme!

http://i.imgur.com/uUgQB.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
This must've been a tough list to make considering how often we've received the "biggest" tag match in SD/Raw history, it's like a monthly event.

Ithil

She wasn't even a wrestler for the first two years of her career. Sure, she turned out to be not all that bad in the ring in the end, but by no means was she ever a career wrestler.

Never said that, just that calling her a model type seems incorrect, she was no Kelly Kelly or Torrie Wilson.

dude's juicing hard. it's pretty obvious
He had to pass drug tests and medical tests to get into WWE (and he's no John Cena or Randy Orton, there's no overlooking steroids for young signed guys with no clout), and he's looked like that for at least a year prior to being signed, it's not hard to get jacked when you just train hard for a long time. It's not like it happened over night.

Kyoufu

So, aside from losing his job, apparently AJ and Trent Baretta did break up recently. Poor guy.

What. Is there any wrestler AJ hasn't fucked?!

It's the anniversary show and its practically in his backyard. Also, he missed the previous one dues to his surgery. So why not?

Ahh you're right. But this'll no doubt be some cheesy Rock concert focused crap. :(

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Son of a bitch, WWE is trying to ruin the tag team match playa meme!

uUgQB.png

"Long’s disposition for tag team battles has become his calling card, so much so that when he turned one into a Fatal Four-Way Match, the WWE Universe was floored. Conspiracy theories were found in bunches around the internet as fans tried to make sense of the madness."

I remember that night, everyone in the thread was so shocked.

PWInsider says Bret Hart was invited to tonight's Raw but declined because they didn't have anything meaningful for him to do. He was supposedly upset about being brought in to the RAW 1000 show and doing barely nothing.

Aiii

So not worth it
PWInsider says Bret Hart was invited to tonight's Raw but declined because they didn't have anything meaningful for him to do. He was supposedly upset about being brought in to the RAW 1000 show and doing barely nothing.

Poor Bret, so bitter. He deserved more.

jmdajr

Man.

So I got a call that a friend of mine lost another friend to suicide. This is like the 3rd friend to kill himself.

I feel bad for him.

Laserfrog

It was nice when they made Bret US champ that time for no real reason. He was climbing the turnbuckle and sort of slipped but pretended he meant to do it like all good wrestlemen do. He's in the Laserfrog HoF.

Laserfrog

You know who else is in the Laserfrog HoF? Columbo. Is there an episode where a wrestler dies at a wrestling event and another wrestler is the killer but tried to make it look like it was natural causes from the wrestling? And everyone is telling Columbo that it's an open and shut case but Columbo says "No there's a few things bugging me" and he eventually solves it by making the wrestler incriminate himself without even realising it. If not than that's a shame, we'll never get new episodes of Columbo now.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Friday September 15, 1995.

Here's a link to the larger and clearer image for proof.

http://photos.imageevent.com/pizon/wcwnwopromos/Teddy Long num1.jpg

Shit, can't argue with that. Mark your calendars for 9/15 - however...we can still celebrate him on Tag Team Day, 2/2

You know who else is in the Laserfrog HoF? Columbo. Is there an episode where a wrestler dies at a wrestling event and another wrestler is the killer but tried to make it look like it was natural causes from the wrestling? And everyone is telling Columbo that it's an open and shut case but Columbo says "No there's a few things bugging me" and he eventually solves it by making the wrestler incriminate himself without even realising it. If not than that's a shame, we'll never get new episodes of Columbo now.

I don't wanna get too weird in here showcasing my love of 60s and 70s police shows but Columbo was excellent and kind of relevatory because at the beginning they showed you who did it, gave you the knowledge the criminal had, so you could sweat it out along with him or her - while Columbo plied his trade.

Sure, Columbo's good, but he's still playing second fiddle to the true God of Police, Theo Kojak.

nDjoP.jpg

Top Bottom