• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
who gives a shit about Ziggler
SLATER TIME BABY
tumblr_mgj6dpbnUE1r1ugxyo1_500.jpg

WHC future

Ithil

Cena/Ziggler was probably the same thing they do at house shows with Cena/Ziggler in a cage. They gave the crowd the go-home happy finish.

Half the crowd hated that finish, that's the problem. Your face of the company should have all of the crowd behind him.

Not to mention the Rock segment actually sent the crowd home happy.

UberTag

Cena/Ziggler was probably the same thing they do at house shows with Cena/Ziggler in a cage. They gave the crowd the go-home happy finish.
Cena squashing talent shouldn't send anyone home happy.
Cena breaking a leg while falling off the top of the cage would be the finish they should book to send people home happy.

I'm mostly happy / shocked that they actually had Punk run down and fight the Rock. I hate the whole coward heel. It was just awesome to see.

I'm bummed about the lack of HBK though.

somedevil

People will complain but I bet this happens:

The 2013 Rumble with have the most pay per view buys of all the rumbles. The rock will sell out any arenas he is advertised for. Extreme rules buy rate will increase and Wrestlemania 2013 will be bigger than last years.

Ithil

The 2013 Rumble with have the most pay per view buys of all the rumbles. The rock will sell out any arenas he is advertised for. Extreme rules buy rate will increase and Wrestlemania 2013 will be bigger than last years.

I'm not complaining, Rock/Punk is going to be a great match and it's a good feud so far.

So I guess Cena has now entered his pre mania invincibility cheat code.

Such a shame. It was annoying last year when it ruined Kanes return and any chance Ryder had at a run but now he is just burying the next generation like he is WCW Hogan.

BlazinAm

This felt odd for a huge landmark show.

Perhaps they blew their loads with Raw 1000
I believe they didn't get all the people they wanted for the show.

Raw tickets don't cost $400. You have to realize that the IWC and our reactions don't represent the WWE Universe at large. We are the minority here.
This is true, and I thought the first 2.5 hours were pretty good. Ziggler versus Cena, well it is what it is.

Punk is really selling this. Lol
What was/is the dark match?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So I guess Cena has now entered his pre mania invincibility cheat code.

Such a shame. It was annoying last year when it ruined Kanes return and any chance Ryder had at a run but now he is just burying the next generation like he is WCW Hogan.

He'll almost have to lose at EC unless they want to do a ton of belt swapping.

Raw tickets don't cost $400. You have to realize that the IWC and our reactions don't represent the WWE Universe at large. We are the minority here.

I get what you're saying, but it didn't use to be that way. The fans that are now the IWC and the casuals both ate-up the Attitude era stuff. As they moved away from that and transitioned to the "only push one or two top guys/Cena/PG era", the IWC rightfully complains because both the writing and in ring work has taken a step back, while the casuals have been bled to the point where Raw is setting record low ratings. The WWE thinks the don't need the IWC/smarks because they are a relatively small number, but the truth is when the IWC is happy, positive word spreads and some casuals that have tuned out come back to check things out. If you do that over a consistent basis ratings start to improve. There is no growth in the product because for the most part, the whole premise in WWE right now is grasping at the lowest hanging fruit that requires the least amount of effort.

UberTag

I almost want to see him pull this no-sell shit on a feud with D.Brine if only to cause friction in the Bella household.

Ithil

I get what you're saying, but it didn't use to be that way. The fans that are now the IWC and the casuals both ate-up the Attitude era stuff. As they moved away from that and transitioned to the "only push one or two top guys/Cena/PG era", the IWC rightfully complains because both the writing and in ring work has taken a step back, while the casuals have been bled to the point where Raw is setting record low ratings. The WWE thinks the don't need the IWC/smarks because they are a relatively small number, but the truth is when the IWC is happy, positive word spreads and some casuals that have tuned out come back to check things out. If you do that over a consistent basis ratings start to improve. There is no growth in the product because for the most part, the whole premise in WWE right now is grasping at the lowest hanging fruit that requires the least amount of effort.

I wouldn't say the in-ring work has taken a step back, I would say it's better now than it was in the Attitude Era.

It's the writing and booking that went to shit. They went back to the 80s model of ONE FACE OF THE COMPANY PUSH HIM AND NEVER STOP, only it's not the 80s anymore, it's 2013.

Kacho

Gold Member

I agree with this for the most part.

Then Rock will leave and both ratings and PPV numbers will drop because the WWE must rely on decade old names to help pop attendance and PPV numbers. Pretty bad business model.

somedevil

Then Rock will leave and both ratings and PPV numbers will drop because the WWE must rely on decade old names to help pop attendance and PPV numbers. Pretty bad business model.

Well attendance will go down but last year pay per view numbers were up compared to 2011.

Also, the workrate now is alot better than the attitude era days. They were top heavy then and the under card work rate was bad.

UberTag

Both women have improved a ton, too bad Eve decided to check out only a few months after her in ring work got noticeably better. So the Diva's division is now Kaitlyn, Layla, and sometimes A.J.?
And Tamina via Twitter insults.
Natalya is too busy fawning over Khali to wrestle any more.

Ithil

Both women have improved a ton, too bad Eve decided to check out only a few months after her in ring work got noticeably better. So the Diva's division is now Kaitlyn, Layla, and sometimes A.J.?

For the time being, yeah. I think Tamina will probably challenge Kaitlyn for now, but Kaitlyn vs AJ is the logical WM feud.

Naomi needs to start wrestling regularly now, she's green, but shows a lot of promise. There's a couple of Divas in NXT that are ready like Paige, but most are still rookies and need more time training with Sara Del Rey. Also, Paige's anti-diva gimmick is hard to get over if there's like no divas in the division when she debuts.

Also, fucking Natalya? She's by far the best female wrestler on the roster, let her wrestle.

Well attendance will go down but last year pay per view numbers were up compared to 2011.

Also, the workrate now is alot better than the attitude era days. They were top heavy then and the under card work rate was bad.

Last year PPV numbers were up because of a Wrestlemania card headlined by Rock and large increases in the Extreme Rules and Summerslam numbers because of Brock. Survivor Series was down huge because it was missing the star power that the Rock brought it in 2011. The WWE relies on part time wrestlers to prop-up it's business at this point because if it didn't, their numbers would be abysmal.

On second thought, I agree with Ithil, the in ring is fine, it's the writing and booking, but the point still remains.

somedevil

Last year PPV numbers were up because of a Wrestlemania card headlined by Rock and large increases in the Extreme Rules and Summerslam numbers because of Brock

On second thought, I agree with Ithil, the in ring is fine, it's the writing and booking, but the point still remains.

Well if you don't count those 3 Over the limit, No Way Out, Night of Champions, and Hell in the Cell buy Rates were higher than in 2011.

Top Bottom