• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

Ithil

Sadly, in the fracas John Cena was horribly killed. He will now only win the Rumble from number 2, not number 1. We are very sorry.

Alex Riley confirmed to win Royal Rumble!
YES!
Alex Riley was the first one tossed over. Fired confirmed.
Alex Rileys wiki needs updating asap.thanks.
Derp3.gif

Guys, Cena's promo......I think I need to watch it again so I can properly evaluate just how abysmally awful it was. I'm a 35 year old man who has been watching wrestling since I was a young boy, and I think that was the worst promo I have ever seen.

Weak Raw. I liked Cena's promo there and one or two matches but that's it. The skits fell flat, weren't funny. Rock just yelled and insulted, his writer is terrible. Bad Raw

Raw was pretty good I thought

3 beat the clock matches were good and lengthy

Graduation segment was great

Punk/rock stuff was good

Shield made rock bleed

I'm glad I didn't watch the cena promo

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Watching some WCW 99. It's pretty cool how much Heenan puts over Benoit. WCW really was going to make him a star then they fucked it up.

Kaladin

The Rumble match promotion has been pretty much by the books this year, like they don't really give a fuck about it.....so either A) the winner has been pre-determined a long time ago or B) the winner is a random jobber who will open Mania with their title shot.

Ithil

Middle of the road RAW. The Beat The Clock matches were good, the multiple squashes were not. Rock's early stuff fell flat, but his segment against Punk and the Shield was good. Punk's promo earlier was good, Maddox showing up was fun, and the video promo for the Shield was cool, and Cena's promo was atrocious, and the ending was bog standard. Hell No's super hug segment got a laugh out of me.

So yeah, middle of the road. Not a great job hyping the Rumble.

Just read the page of posts during Cena's promo. Typical overreaction and hyperbole. It was confusing at first but instead of instantly posting a shitty rage-filled one-upmanship type of reply I let it play out and see where he was going with it and it came out fine in the end. It had a build-up and there were a couple funny lines (and a couple duds). It was a decent promo. Good enough to end the go-home show before the RR? No, but that's not his fault. Rock and Punk should've been last but I guess Vince wanted to put the emphasis on the RR match itself. Going to bed.

Top Bottom