• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

UberTag

Time to burn all my videogames, they're not cool anymore. Thank you John Cena.
I blame the GAF sign in the crowd.
Cena decided to play off of it.
Clearly this wasn't a coincidence.
Worst promo ever with video game references with THAT sign in the crowd.

H0IdmvT.jpg

Ithil

Just read the page of posts during Cena's promo. Typical overreaction and hyperbole. It was confusing at first but instead of instantly posting a shitty rage-filled one-upmanship type of reply I let it play out and see where he was going with it and it came out fine in the end. It had a build-up and there were a couple funny lines (and a couple duds). It was a decent promo. Good enough to end the go-home show before the RR? No, but that's not his fault. Rock and Punk should've been last but I guess Vince wanted to put the emphasis on the RR match itself. Going to bed.

Sorry but where did he go with it?

Sunday. That's a day, folks.

Hey kid you play video games right. Blah blah blah toilet humour Codblops 2 blah blah. Little kids should be playing M rated games you know.

Hey you, girl, you go out? Like dressed up and stuff or something? Post it on facebook and junk? Yeah, cool.

Hey neckbearded fella, bodily fluids and stuff. You know. Sex jokes? Blow up dolls, that sort of thing.

Anyway, Sunday, yeah, that's a day. Also on Sunday is the Royal Rumble NOW I AM YELLING OUT OF NO WHERE COS I'M SERIOUS AND I WILL WIN THE ROYAL RUMBLE.

Just read the page of posts during Cena's promo. Typical overreaction and hyperbole. It was confusing at first but instead of instantly posting a shitty rage-filled one-upmanship type of reply I let it play out and see where he was going with it and it came out fine in the end. It had a build-up and there were a couple funny lines (and a couple duds). It was a decent promo. Good enough to end the go-home show before the RR? No, but that's not his fault. Rock and Punk should've been last but I guess Vince wanted to put the emphasis on the RR match itself. Going to bed.

Please do, because you must be falling on your ass drunk to think that promo was decent

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
First Raw I watched in months only because I'll be watching the Rumble.

That Cena promo was a fucking trainwreck. Other than that I enjoyed the show. Weird seeing Del Rio as a face.

Nah the promo was pretty goddamn awful, and I'm a guy that will defend John Cena from time to time. But it's become increasingly difficult to defend some of his bullshit. But I guess as far as a standard Cena promo....it was.....standard....so yeah, it was pretty bad, but I can't say I didn't expect that.

And the Rumble has been more important than the title match for a long time. In this case it shouldn't be, but Rumble has been the main event for a long ass time. The only Rumble in recent memory that didn't have it as the main event was 2006.

Everything during and after Cena was embarrassingly bad. The brawl at the end was so flat and they didn't even try to make it feel like it happened within the flow of the show. Talk about boring.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's too bad they hot shot everyone they're gonna push the title now.

You really can't do a babyface title win like Benoit's when it took years and years, but it finally happened, and it was a huge payoff.

UberTag

Curious to see what caps off Sunday's PPV. Dwayne ending Punk's 400+ championship reign or Cena winning the rumble after less than 10 minutes of match time.

ALSO... this will be the Elimination Chamber match on the RAW side of the equation:

Dwayne vs. Cena vs. Punk vs. Ambrose vs. Rollins vs. Reigns w/ Mad Ox as ref and Heyman at ringside

Dwayne still wins. There will also be failed Brock interference intercepted by Mr. H's.

steveovig

The best thing about RAW was Bobby Backlund is finally getting in the HOF. For the first time in years, I actually care about the HOF ceremony. Bruno and Macho would be next but Bruno ain't going in until he's dead, even after that I'm not sure.

BTW, I thought The Miz was a wrestling fan but he can't put the figure 4 on right?

Ithil

I'd love to see a book by Kane. He's an eloquent fellow, and while I'm not familiar with his pre-WWE career, he's definitely had one of the most interesting WWE careers to base a book around.

jred2k

Kofi is going to show up to the Rumble on Sunday and pull off the OMG moment of the year by using Batman's grappling hook to save himself from elimination. He will then get back in the ring and be immediately knocked in to the fifth row by a punch from Big Show.

Kofi will be released the next day.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I'd love to see a book by Kane. He's an eloquent fellow, and while I'm not familiar with his pre-WWE career, he's definitely had one of the most interesting WWE careers to base a book around.
You know, thanks for reminding me. I was just at the book store today, and I'm wondering, what happened to WWE books? They used to pump a bunch of those out, but I never see them anymore. There are plenty of guys, including Kane that I would love to see a book from.

McNei1y

lol I just understood (30 minutes later) why all of you started to post "oh so i can walk to the ring when I have a ticket?". Damn, I'm an idiot.

Top Bottom