• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
SO Guys! Nintendo just announced Yoshi Epic Yarn, Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem, Wind Waker HD and some kind of Monolith (Xenoblade) game for Wii U.

Where is your Wii U hate now! HAH! Epic system!
Nintendo did the impossible.

They somehow made Wind Waker look bad.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I find it kinda baffling how the one Zelda title that doesn't need an HD remake due to its graphical style is the one that gets it. Weird shit.

I come to wrasslegaf with a question. Why doesn't Randy Orton get to talk on the mic anymore? I, like many wrestling fans, have lapses where I go without watching so I am seriously confused by this.

I have memories of "The Legend Killer" cutting good promos, and being amazing while in "Evolution". Hell I have memories of him being PART of the story line.

What happened? Why is he jobbing to everyone? Why does he look like he's always tired? Why isn't he involved in story lines? The most he seems to get is a feud that lasts like 3 matches.

Doesn't he have more followers on Twitter than our champion CM Punk whos breaking records and main eventing 90% of PPVs? Why is he being squandered?

Finally, the other question I have, how does Kofi still have a job? The dude gets like the biggest push anyone could ask for and totally pisses it away.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I come to wrasslegaf with a question. Why doesn't Randy Orton get to talk on the mic anymore? I, like many wrestling fans, have lapses where I go without watching so I am seriously confused by this.

I have memories of "The Legend Killer" cutting good promos, and being amazing while in "Evolution". Hell I have memories of him being PART of the story line.

What happened? Why is he jobbing to everyone? Why does he look like he's always tired? Why isn't he involved in story lines? The most he seems to get is a feud that lasts like 3 matches.

Doesn't he have more followers on Twitter than our champion CM Punk whos breaking records and main eventing 90% of PPVs? Why is he being squandered?

Finally, the other question I have, how does Kofi still have a job? The dude gets like the biggest push anyone could ask for and totally pisses it away.

He's on his last Wellness violation, I believe, so they don't wanna pull the trigger on him in case he gets caught again.

McNei1y

He's on his last Wellness violation, I believe, so they don't wanna pull the trigger on him in case he gets caught again.

Yeah. No point in placing him in a feud that would get messed up if he violated again.

Weren't people saying that they expect an Orton heel turn this year? I also heard he was taking time off this year.

Yeah. No point in placing him in a feud that would get messed up if he violated again.

Weren't people saying that they expect an Orton heel turn this year? I also heard he was taking time off this year.

Can't really make a "turn" when you have no character. It sort of is disgusting that Drew McIntyre has more character development going on than Orton at the moment.

I guess I didn't realize he was violating wellness rules. What's up? Is he juicing or drugging?

Hasnt stopped them with Ryback the last few months... But I guess that has died down now.

Edit... Also THQ is finally dead.

I wonder when we will learn the fate of the WWE licence.

Orton's dead because he's a suspension away from a one year ban. It was different for Jeff Hardy in 2007-2008 because they still had a ton of depth to cover him up if he fucked up. The depth is gone.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I find it kinda baffling how the one Zelda title that doesn't need an HD remake due to its graphical style is the one that gets it. Weird shit.

It pretty much confirmed Majora's Mask 3ds to me.

I still don't know if I want to go digital with the 3DS or not.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It pretty much confirmed Majora's Mask 3ds to me.

I still don't know if I want to go digital with the 3DS or not.

Their eshop prices are keeping me from buying a single title DD. Just renting 3ds games for now, I'm content.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I talked to Bret Hart this morning at work, I didn't say anything smarky and was professional about it. Seems like a nice guy.

Neat, I'm sure he appreciated it.

Actually I think he only got suspended once in 06 now that I googled it.

Could have sworn he got suspended after the nexus.

That's not so bad. Of course, He's only 2 strikes away from being on that danger zone.

Hightower

Banned

You must have been dreaming. Orton has always been boring.

Orton's dead because he's a suspension away from a one year ban. It was different for Jeff Hardy in 2007-2008 because they still had a ton of depth to cover him up if he fucked up. The depth is gone.

He's a suspension away from a flat-out firing. Not a year suspension.

Their eshop prices are keeping me from buying a single title DD. Just renting 3ds games for now, I'm content.

Same here, the prices are crazy for the most part - but I couldn't resist picking up Crimson Shroud. Man, what a fan-fucking-tastic RPG, late 2012 GOTY contender for me. Really recommended if you love old-school RPGs/table top RPGs.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You must have been dreaming. Orton has always been boring.

Nah man, Orton was great with Legacy in early 09. When HHH invaded his home, scared his wife, and assaulted him in his house. Then Orton dragged Steph to the ring, had HHH handcuffed, knocked her out and kissed her unconscious body in front of HHH. Was responsible for one of my favorite HHH gifs IIRC:

8yWvoO0.gif

Same here, the prices are crazy for the most part - but I couldn't resist picking up Crimson Shroud. Man, what a fan-fucking-tastic RPG, late 2012 GOTY contender for me. Really recommended if you love old-school RPGs/table top RPGs.

Really...well...okay...I'll need to take a closer look.

Sunflower said:
Nah man, Orton was great with Legacy in early 09. When HHH invaded his home, scared his wife, and assaulted him in his house. Then Orton dragged Steph to the ring, had HHH handcuffed, knocked her out and kissed her unconscious body in front of HHH.

That HHH home invasion angle was AWESOME fun. My friend, who is a lapsed fan, often refers to that point as the last time wrestling was worth a damn.

tm24

After pulling an all night playing P4G to watch the early Nintendo Direct, my body can't take it anymore. So much goodness. Everywhere. Today was like MITB 2011 pt2

Also, the only retail DD game i will buy for the 3DS will be Animal Crossing. Because i need easy access to digital crack

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That HHH home invasion angle was AWESOME fun. My friend, who is a lapsed fan, often refers to that point as the last time wrestling was worth a damn.

I agree - my friend who wasn't a fan got into it just due to Legacy and how interesting the novelty of "shirts with underwear" was popular, now she doesn't think twice when she sees a man in a t-shirt and nearly nothing else. But yeah good times. Last feud either of them were in that I liked.

Wrestling Confession: Some friends and I made a prank call to Bret Hart's house when we were like 12. We got the answering machine and asked him how Shawn was doing and something else about the screwjob.
I met him probably eight years later. Either he didn't recognize my voice or he didn't want to bring it up.

Unconfirmed rumour is EA might have the WWE licence now?

I dont know why they would go after it TBH. WWE games dont seem like a moneymaker these days but hey. As long as its out of Yukes hands I am ok with it.

My dream of a Capcom WWE fighter is probably over before it began though.

Brera

Banned

ahaha, I just youtubed that shit!

Why is it so hard for WWE to realise they need to do more stuff like this! Be a bit more dynamic. Shamus stealing Del Rio's car was good, we need MOAR funny stuff!

I dont know why they would go after it TBH. WWE games dont seem like a moneymaker these days but hey. As long as its out of Yukes hands I am ok with it.

I expect the first WWE game to be really crappy. WWE will want to get it out ASAP since they make enough money for them.

Isn't turning around the same video game with an updated cover every year sort of EA's thing?

Novid

Banned

EA got nothing out of the sale. If anything Sega might have the franchise or Take Two.

Novid

Banned
dirt sheetz says:

WWE/THQ update is

Well, nothing official. Officially, nothing was said publicly, for a variety of reasons regarding the WWE video game license, although it will be very soon.

There is a deal in place but all the paperwork hasn't been completed. It is not with EA.

The WWE license was not part of the auction but is a separate entity and all information requiring its sale has been kept within very few in the company.

if anything...its Saban/Warner Games.

Aiii

So not worth it
Now that the license is free I have no doubt EA will still get it.

Was it even up for auction though, it's a license after all, not an IP or otherwise a THQ asset.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
It's almost WM time, so yeah, a WWE game will have to be rushed. However, I expect whichever company that picks up the license to just let Yukes continue making the games, so who knows?

Novid

Banned
Its intresting where its going to end up. Yukes has now lost UFC/NJPW/WWE all in a span of 18 months. Konami still has the Roses IP but even with that Kojima wants Fox engine on everything the company does moving forward.

Novid

Banned
It's almost WM time, so yeah, a WWE game will have to be rushed. However, I expect whichever company that picks up the license to just let Yukes continue making the games, so who knows?

nope. Yukes has to ask and 2K or some other owners will say no to it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Depends. EA's not in the business of partnering anymore. Especially when they own guys who make 'wrestling'like games on the regular.

Top Bottom