• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

Brock newz from this weeks f4w

Brock Lesnar has been offered a new deal by WWE. If he signs, and from talking to people it appears there’s a good chance he will (millions of dollars for very few dates per year), the big matches being talked about for 2013 are Brock vs. CM Punk and Brock vs. Randy Orton. Brock vs. Orton had been discussed for last year but plans change.

ypHr0kj.gif

am i the only one with a secret wish of seeing Brock just snap and actually shoot on someone during a match?

i remember asking for it during his match with Cena, didn't happen :(

jred2k

Well Taz kind of sucked on commentary when he was trying to riff, but its refreshing to hear someone actually call moves. Cole/Lawler only call finishers/signature moves and the Thez Press.

Kaladin

Brock vs Punk would be a great consolation prize for Punk loosing the belt at RR.

Not really a spoiler, but spoilered anyway.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I honestly believe that she does. I've done enough creeping to confirm she's a legitimate nerd.
What is this, 1995? You don't have to be a nerd to like video games any more, dude.

I mean it helps but it isn't necessary.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Something really bothers me about WCW Nitro's in the year 2000 that I didn't notice (because I wasn't paying attention to WCW in 2000 very much except on Raw/MNF commercial breaks) is that not only did they fail in their mission to kick the old guys out and bring in the new blood but they also had most stars (and Double J) wrestling 2 or even 3 matches a night!

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
She's also the new ACW American Joshi Champion.

IMG_4800_tm.jpg

What really sells the character though is that they are so different. This is a really radical transformation. They don't even walk the same. It's pretty awesome to see as a fan.

In ACW storyline world, Lady Poison had been around before RAJETT, but with Jessica back to normal, Lady Poison stayed hidden for the most part, and didn't appear again much later, when Summerlyn started getting more and more big singles titles matches, and Jessica started feeling like she was just Rachel's sidekick. Then you started to see little signs of change in Jessica. When Lady Poison returned full-force however, this time she was aiming her rage clearly at Rachel. She attacked Rachel after her victory v. Jazz in the Queen of Queens tournament, giving her the Poison Kiss, and making her easy pickings for Jessicka Havock (who also eliminated Poison, using her gas mask to protect her from the kiss.)

Strangely, the "normal" Jessica had no idea she and Lady Poison were one in the same. She'd presumably "wake up" backstage with green stuff all over her, wondering what happened.

Rachel tried to move on, finding an unlikely tag partner in the now-babyface Portia Perez, forming "Team Havin' Fun," but the interference of both women's pasts doomed their chances, with Lady Poison on the warpath for Rachel, and Portia being stalked by Robert Evans (Archibald Peck/R.D. Evans) in another one of ACW's wonderful, long-term angles.

Here's a few shots of Lady Poison from the dramatic confrontation match in July against Rachel Summerlyn:

3.02Poison_tm.jpg
3.05poison2_tm.jpg
3.04Summerlyn_Staredown_tm.jpg

In that match, which I highly recommend if you like drama in your wrestling, available here for download:

http://smartmarkvideo.com/anarchy-c...-insanity-100th-event-austin-tx-download.html

...Jessica finally figured out that she was Lady Poison. Now, she's different, with shades of both characters still present. She isn't the old, bouncing around goofy puppy dog Jessica anymore, but she's not Lady Poison either. Occasionally, in the middle of a match Lady Poison does seem to pop up, which scares the hell out of her opponents:

IMG_4927_tm.jpg

But with the two sides of her together, she may be more formidable than ever before. In the match last week where she took the title, we saw some of Jessica's old "Bugs Bunny" style hopping around and sticking and moving and avoiding a very infuriated Athena, but we also saw the Lady Poison side a bit too, with the unstoppable aggression, and even a kiss... (although it didn't seem to be a full-on Poison Kiss) to Barbi Hayden.

The cool thing about the end of that match though was when Rachel Summerlyn came out, right at the end, dressed as a bit of an evil Harley Quinn. In a reversal of roles, she gave Jessica a kiss, but this kiss seemed to energize Jessica to help her win.

So the intrigue obviously continues in a storyline that these two talented women have managed to keep interesting for literally YEARS now. (3 years, IIRC!)

You make it all sound so great and she really does have great psychology, but there is just something about that ACW style and her lack of refinement on the subtle levels that keeps me from wanting to watch more than what you linked to. Good work making me interested and take notice of her though.

Edit: bah, double post. I blame the giant flying whale on fire... you know, Hugh Morris during a hardcore match.

strobogo

Banned
It means you're pretty smart, but 3 is probably one you favor as well. Isnt it?

Yes. But that was only after the fact. I didn't play any Metal Gear game until the HD Collection and I struggled to get through 3. It took me all the way to the end to get used to it. Then I played 2 and felt like I was being punished for wanting to play it. By the time I got to PW, I was finally into the game play and realized I loved 3. I played 1 recently and enjoyed the fuck out of it. I got about half way through replaying 2, enjoying it much more this time, but then my hard drive died and I didn't really care enough to play the first half of the game again. PW is where it all clicked for me. Also, I played all the way through 2 and 3 before I learned to choke people out. I'm sure the games would have been much more enjoyable had I figured that out at the very start.

Something really bothers me about WCW Nitro's in the year 2000 that I didn't notice (because I wasn't paying attention to WCW in 2000 very much except on Raw/MNF commercial breaks) is that not only did they fail in their mission to kick the old guys out and bring in the new blood but they also had most stars (and Double J) wrestling 2 or even 3 matches a night!

There was a lot of that. Singles matches turning into brawls which would spin off into other singles matches or tag matches later in the night. Happened on just about every Nitro. Not as much on Thunder, but no one cared about Thunder. People talk about the difference between Raw and Smackdown, but it doesn't have shit on the energy difference between Nitro and Thunder. There were also a lot of stipulations or things booked that didn't happen. For instance, Scott Steiner has been suspended at least 3 times so far. The last time Cat suspended him at the start of the show, but then booked him in the main event anyway. It was never mentioned that Cat had suspended him earlier in the show. Not from Cat, not from Steiner, not from the announcers. _____ vs ____ will happen tonight! But ____ is ambushed before the match and it never happens and we don't hear about it again. Regularly. But on the flip side of that, they'll run guys in a feud who are supposed to have a big PPV match in 3 gimmick matches on Nitro before a normal match at the PPV.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm genuinely surprised that Sting wasn't seriously injured during this stretch or that Double J wasn't permanently blinded by a splinter after his 423rd Guitar to the head of some slapnut.

Also from your reviews I take it I'm not the only one who thinks JJ was playing the first openly gay heel in WCW.

tm24

So apparently the next PWG show isnt for 2 months, but its a doozy. All Star Weekend 9 will take place on march 22/23. Should be amazing

You make it all sound so great and she really does have great psychology, but there is just something about that ACW style and her lack of refinement on the subtle levels that keeps me from wanting to watch more than what you linked to. Good work making me interested and take notice of her though.

I don't understand what you're talking about here AT ALL. Care to elaborate?

I just came across a girl on OKCupid who had a picture in a lucha mask... read the profile and she says she's a huge wrestling fan. Talking with her now and her favourites are Punk and Dazzler.
This feeling may be love.

Nebula

I just came across a girl on OKCupid who had a picture in a lucha mask... read the profile and she says she's a huge wrestling fan. Talking with her now and her favourites are Punk and Dazzler.

Don't unmask her until the wedding. It'll make for a huge swerve.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
How can you even be sure there's a woman under the mask?

Linkified

I would by Tales of WWE...

Actually, I would buy a WWE RPG (JRPG style) if it were available. Cena could have amnesia, get lost, go wrestle in New Japan, and fight Evil-Three-Headed-HHH who is trying to bury Osaka.

Well they did do that WWE book where the US government asks Vince to create a spy team to go and stop some Europeans making drugs, book out there in the wild...

strobogo

Banned
I loved the Revenge mode in WM XIX. I wish they'd try something like that again. F5s on escalators, release German suplexes off construction sites, powerbombs off barges, throwing guys off sky scrapers. It was awesome.

Who told you to get OOC?
Out-Of-???

Off-Of-???

Over-On-???
If you don't get this picture, you don't deserve to live be on GAF.

FOR SHAME BEAN BREATH!

It's Metal Gear Rex, from MGS. AJ loves MGS

It's a clever reference, deserving of the RT.

That's it? The catch is that she likes MGS? Yeah, sorry Pescado but that's not good enough for me.

So instead, the catch or punchline to that tweet is that John Cena made a videogame themed promo on Raw and got a lot of backstage heat per Da Dirtsheetz and so AJ is somehow involved for being a fake-ass gamer girl as per Lunchbox:
this fucking cunt never gives up with her look at me im such a nerd/gamer/otaku bullshit does she

you were never cool, and the fools like Gfex and Plywood who thought you were cool even turned their heads around

Therefore,

yeah, sorry I can't spin this to make it work at all.

Top Bottom