• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

Jamie OD

Don't unmask her until the wedding. It'll make for a huge swerve.

Just when she is about to unmask, the old priest interrupts to talk about how love is important no matter if it lasts for 50 years, 16 months or 3 minutes.

What a minute? Did he just say... THREE MINUTES!

strobogo

Banned
Poor AJ. She's a whore on screen and in da back, she always sticks her ass out, and she's probably never even played a video game in her life. She's a terrible person. She's completely ruined both pro wrestling and video games forever. FOREVER.

Terry-Funk.gif

FOREVER

I loved the Revenge mode in WM XIX. I wish they'd try something like that again. F5s on escalators, release German suplexes off construction sites, powerbombs off barges, throwing guys off sky scrapers. It was awesome.

Someone else who shares my joy in that mode, okay the chain swinging platforming was jank as fuck but it's a small price to pay to brutalize workers by slamming them through steel mesh into the ocean.

Hoarr

Neo Member
I loved the Revenge mode in WM XIX. I wish they'd try something like that again. F5s on escalators, release German suplexes off construction sites, powerbombs off barges, throwing guys off sky scrapers. It was awesome.

The only game where you could be the Hulkster and murder numerous WWE security guards by throwing them off a building AND be hailed for it.

I loved that mode (except any part where you had to climb ropes).

So apparently the next PWG show isnt for 2 months, but its a doozy. All Star Weekend 9 will take place on march 22/23. Should be amazing
So, I may do this. My great uncle's 100th birthday is that weekend and I was already looking at traveling to Cali. Any word when tickets are on sale? Is it all GA?

I just came across a girl on OKCupid who had a picture in a lucha mask... read the profile and she says she's a huge wrestling fan. Talking with her now and her favourites are Punk and Dazzler.
This feeling may be love.

Go ahead and propose, it's not too fast.

She doesn't suit the WWE in my opinion.

She's fine as a wrestler, but I don't want to see her beyond that role as I think her acting is pretty poor, but at least she commits to whatever she's asked to do. I don't quite understand all the recent vitriolic hate for AJ here at WrassleGAF, but I guess that it'll happen the more she's focussed on week in, week out and the less she actually wrestles.

Kyoufu

She's fine as a wrestler, but I don't want to see her beyond that role as I think her acting is pretty poor, but at least she commits to whatever she's asked to do. I don't quite understand all the recent vitriolic hate for AJ here at WrassleGAF, but I guess that it'll happen the more she's focussed on week in, week out and the less she actually wrestles.

The more she's on the more I hate her.

The more YOU people cheer for her, the more opportunities she's afforded.

Jerks.

I don't like her as a wrestler, but that stems from the fact that I don't enjoy women's wrestling.

I don't like her as an actress, because she's not very good at that either.

However she does have her fans so that's fine. I just prefer not to have her shit up talented stars who don't need her as a mouthpiece.

Aiii

So not worth it
I can deal with hate if it makes sense, but when it doesn't it just annoys me.

AJ can wrestle. AJ is not any worse an actor as the rest of the higher tier talent either and especially her facial expressions at ringside rival the best imo, she's great at concern, anger, devious enjoyment, etc.

And Ziggler isn't any worse of with AJ and Big E, he does most of the talking as AJ is just someone to interact with and not his mouthpiece.

I just don't get the points, it seems to me it's more like "I HAVE DECIDED TO HATE THIS SO I DO" most of the time.

It's basically how most people feel about Cena. Even good promos we go FUCK OFF CENA YOU SUCK regardless.

Kyoufu

AJ's the best actress that the ladyside has ever had. Not that they've had many actresses. Or any.

I can deal with hate if it makes sense, but when it doesn't it just annoys me.

AJ can wrestle. AJ is not any worse an actor as the rest of the higher tier talent either and especially her facial expressions at ringside rival the best imo, she's great at concern, anger, devious enjoyment, etc.

And Ziggler isn't any worse of with AJ and Big E, he does most of the talking as AJ is just someone to interact with and not his mouthpiece.

I just don't get the points, it seems to me it's more like "I HAVE DECIDED TO HATE THIS SO I DO" most of the time.

It's basically how most people feel about Cena. Even good promos we go FUCK OFF CENA YOU SUCK regardless.

First off, let me just say you both have fantastic avatars.

Now, I don't hate things for the hell of it (I enjoyed Twilight). And I certainly can recognise a good promo no matter who it's by. I used to like Cena when he was good. Now he's not.

I find Eve to be a better heel/actress than AJ to be honest. To me it feels like AJ tries too hard. It never feels natural or believable whatsoever.

People are hating on something, which is when this thread is most vocal!

I'm watching 2001 WWF still, up to June. I wish I had the energy to do recaps like the WCW ones, but I don't.

Cagey

Banned
why would i be sarcastic? his 20 second rap was so bad that it makes me want to not watch wrestling anymore, and this was from 10 years ago

also, lol @ maven not even having an original video, it's just the tough enough logo. they must have had no intention on keeping him

I know that feel. Thuganomics Cena (plus a couple other failings, but this sticks out most) was so bad it did make me stop watching wrestling back when he came onto the scene.

Kyoufu

Oh for the record, Aiii. I don't lump Cena and AJ together in the same category.

At least AJ tries (and does ok sometimes). Cena just doesn't care anymore.

Aiii

So not worth it
Oh for the record, Aiii. I don't lump Cena and AJ together in the same category.

At least AJ tries (and does ok sometimes). Cena just doesn't care anymore.

It's okay man, you know I'm on the AJ defense force, I respect everyone's opinion equally.

It's just that yours is WRONG! OH SO WRONG!

Aiii

So not worth it
Why is Triple H living in a box?

Is this the alternate reality where the Cliq never existed and he never married Steph?

Ithil

During his most recent run, Jericho was doing more of a Liontamer than a Boston Crab:

lion-tamer.jpg

R-Truth-Cryme-Tyme-vs.-Chris-Jericho-The-Hart-Dynasty-in-a-Six-Man-Tag-Team-Match.jpg

UUUBO.gif

By 2012 we actually had guys that could take it instead of the abundance of inflexible meatheads from the early to mid 2000s when the Walls were poorly reinforced.

Aiii

So not worth it
Dirtsheets lol...

- The new WWE storyline where Ric Flair is mentoring The Miz and gave him the figure four leglock was actually meant for Dolph Ziggler. There were long standing plans that Ric Flair would manage Dolph Ziggler when Flair returned to WWE, but when WWE turned Del Rio babyface, the decision was made to hold off on turning Ziggler face.

Oh my.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Are people seriously mad at AJ? What the hell is wrong with you guys? Sure, she sucked off Cena (probably), but that's no reason to think that she's not a real MGS fan. Plenty of girls like FF and the like growing up, so what's so surprising?

jmdajr

Outside of being disappointed with GM role, I got no beef with AJ. Been doing pretty good work as of late in my opinion.

Where is the new theme music? It doesn't fit anymore.

Doesn't really matter if she like video games or not, but folks probably not cool with being disingenuous.

Aiii

So not worth it
Actually, don't think we heard her theme since the second week after she turned heel.

Hadn't had a wrestling match solo either thought, so that's probably why.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Actually, don't think we heard her theme since the second week after she turned heel.

Hadn't had a wrestling match solo either thought, so that's probably why.
She's living the life. Getting paid to skip around the ring and ride Ziggler's coattails.

Which, considering what else she's had to ride in the past year, isn't all that bad.

Top Bottom