• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

Anth0ny

Dirtsheets lol...

Oh my.

cyiidthyv9.gif

Ithil

I'd take a half hour of Miz every week if it meant no more AJ on TV.

You say that now, but you'd change your mind after about a week. I mean, sure, you don't like AJ, but what does she actually do? Accompany Ziggler to ringside, appear backstage with him, maybe say a line or two in his promos?

You really want a straight half hour of Miz focus every single week instead?

jmdajr

I'm an ass man
Yeah I'm an ass man (Yeah!)

I love to love 'em
I love to kick 'em
I love to shove 'em
I love to stick 'em
Love to flaunt 'em
I love to watch 'em
I love to pick 'em
And I'm gonna kick 'em

'Cause I'm an Ass Man
Yeah, I'm an Ass man
Yes I'm an Ass man (OH!)
I'm an Ass Man

Pavaloo

FFuuuuck. Ziggler is perfect for hanging with Flair. Huge bummer that Miz got the figure four, I don't think I even wanted to to know it was meant for Ziggler, that just makes it so much worse.

tm24

So, I may do this. My great uncle's 100th birthday is that weekend and I was already looking at traveling to Cali. Any word when tickets are on sale? Is it GA
Usually tickets go on sale about 3 weeks beforehand. I follow PWG on twitter since they usually announce it then. It's $35 for front row and $25 everywhere else. Of course, since the American Legion is pretty small, all seats are pretty great. Youre just paying $10 for the right to bang on the ring apron

Usually tickets go on sale about 3 weeks beforehand. I follow PWG on twitter since they usually announce it then. It's $35 for front row and $25 everywhere else. Of course, since the American Legion is pretty small, all seats are pretty great. Youre just paying $10 for the right to bang on the ring apron
Which is something I want to do.

tm24

tm24: Which PWG shirt should I get?!?!?!?!?!? Black or green?!?!?!?

I rock the green since i own a lot of black khakis because of work and i dont like wearing a lot of black. Theyre both great shirts. I kind of prefer the black one since i love the logo better on that one

Which is something I want to do.
Then by all means go first row. There's maybe 50 first row seats and they usually sell out in about 3 minutes. But they announce about 3-4 days beforehand when the presale starts. I think GA might be 30 for a big show. So for the entire weekend it should be 60-70 bucks.

Ithil

NXT is must see this week, they've begun another tournament to crown the first NXT Tag Team champions. PAC is on again in the first rounds of the tournament, facing 3MB.

NXT having belts is so stupid.

The NXT show is probably about a fifth of what they actually do. They run local house shows in Florida so I think it's fine for them to have set champs to have a storyline hierarchy. The only unfortunate thing is that their champs are usually the next to be called up so they're going to stay stuck in a perpetual system of guys dropping the title soon after winning it.

It's strange because the NXT show is like in another universe to the rest of WWE, partly due to tape delay but also because the belts are never mentioned elsewhere.

I think it's generally accepted that NXT is non-canon to the WWE, even though it is referenced in mainline programming.

Because the champion always leaves for the "major leagues". There's never going to be a great NXT championship reign. If anything, they should just have tournaments for people to be promoted or something. Because as it is, the belt is just going to get passed around every month or so because people get brought up to Raw and Smackdown.

I watched the NXT where Seth Rollins won the belt and it felt important. But already it just feels like a prop.

Ithil

Because the champion always leaves for the "major leagues". There's never going to be a great NXT championship reign. If anything, they should just have tournaments for people to be promoted or something. Because as it is, the belt is just going to get passed around every month or so because people get brought up to Raw and Smackdown.

I watched the NXT where Seth Rollins won the belt and it felt important. But already it just feels like a prop.

Not really, it's something for the singles guys to shoot for, not to mention something to give the "most ready guy" a reason to be in the spotlight on NXT before he moves up. Likewise, Tag Titles give tag teams on NXT (underdeveloped until now) something to shoot for, as a way of organizing it. You get some rookie tag teams together, get a title for them to challenge for, etc, and you can develop them easier than just "have tag matches", they need a goal. Rollins had the belt for nearly six months and normally closed the show, it gave him the spotlight, or at least, a good reason to have it, which he performed well in and got over big with the crowd. Tournaments to "graduate" don't make much sense, since it's not a competition anymore, it's a full wrestling show as FCW was.

It's a good idea to have titles for developmental, since a few guys are going to be there for quite a while. They may find that some guys they give the title to don't perform well as the most promoted guy on the show, and so they know they aren't ready for the main roster yet. It's very early days for the NXT title, since they obviously wanted the first reign in Rollins to be lengthy and strong, but given that NXT is not a third brand but a developmental territory, I would support it having separate titles.

I'd agree if people were going to be there for awhile as champion, but when people are going to be promoted it just doesn't feel meaningful to me. If somebody has a 1 year reign and then goes to Smackdown after dropping it, that's fine, and it'll elevate the guy he drops it to, but I can't see something like that happening

Ithil

I'd agree if people were going to be there for awhile as champion, but when people are going to be promoted it just doesn't feel meaningful to me. If somebody has a 1 year reign and then goes to Smackdown after dropping it, that's fine, and it'll elevate the guy he drops it to, but I can't see something like that happening

Well Rollins dropping to Big E and Big E debuting right away obviously wasn't planned, it was a last minute addition, especially since Big E has continued to appear on NXT as a face champion and probably will for a number of months yet. In that regard Rollins dropping the title to him was meant to give Big E an NXT main event slot to prepare him for a debut on the main roster but modern WWE plan changes and all that. Similar deal with Rollins, to an extent, though his heel debut in the Shield ultimately made his loss of the title a good one.

I think we'll see how it works better with whoever Big E drops the belt to, but it's presumably going to work like the FCW title, which was a method of giving one guy the spotlight and testing him as a face/heel champion, and had many lengthy reigns. They didn't all work out, but that's the point of a test, and FCW's own limitations definitely hurt its effectiveness. The larger NXT arena, crowd and set-up is essential.

I know you say it doesn't feel meaningful, but wouldn't it give it extra meaning, to know a guy winning the title means he's the guy to watch out for, who may be debuting on the main roster at the end of his reign and has the backing of the brass?

Kaladin

Just look at how long Seth Rollins held belts in FCW and NXT before coming to the main roster. His NXT reign was only part of his developmental title run.

McNei1y

How long is The Shield going to beat up on people continuously? Can they not be controlled and placed in a match aside from PPV's? Do they even lift?

Toki767

I'm guessing Richie Steamboat is probably the next person to get an NXT title run. Assuming Big E turns heel on NXT. Otherwise, it'll probably be Ohno.

I'd love to see the Wyatt family hold all of the NXT gold for a while.

Agreed McNei1y - Shield needs to advance their storyline before we get to the point where they're crashing Brooke Hogan's wedding and no one cares.

Kaladin

Something tells me The Shield was a creation out of necessity when creative couldn't come up with a way to keep Ryback loosing to Punk and have Ryback remain strong in the process without hurting Punk's momentum into the match with The Rock.

Something also tells me that creative has nothing past that first attack and still hasn't written anything beyond they attack random babyfaces and feud with Ryback.

Toki767

Something tells me The Shield was a creation out of necessity when creative couldn't come up with a way to keep Ryback loosing to Punk and have Ryback remain strong in the process without hurting Punk's momentum into the match with The Rock.

Something also tells me that creative has nothing past that first attack and still hasn't written anything beyond they attack random babyfaces and feud with Ryback.

They've always been booking week to week. Can't really blame them either since Vince will change booking directions at the drop of a hat.

McNei1y

And then there's rumors about The Shield facing Ryback and w/e at Wrestlemania... Why do we need 4-5 months of Shield/Ryback feud? And when's the last time The Shield have given a promo/backstage segment? I hope they're in the Rumble.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly

It's basically Nexus all over again, but at least Nexus featured prominently on TV every week in the run up to their decimation.

Bowser

And then there's rumors about The Shield facing Ryback and w/e at Wrestlemania... Why do we need 4-5 months of Shield/Ryback feud? And when's the last time The Shield have given a promo/backstage segment? I hope they're in the Rumble.

Hopefully they can "shield" us from the injustice of a Cena Rumble win

zychi

Banned

i've been hoping the shield, punk, and mad ox turn into a ses type deal. add lesnar part time and heyman if you want. basically a "we're keeping punk champ" because its best for this company type of storyline. have 2 shield members win the tag titles, have the other member go after the ic or us belt, rotate wrestlers for each title holder to fight.boom 6-months to a year storyline.

I kinda like their promos, but I spend way more time trying to work out who left a camera on the floor recording. Unless it's Maddox's camera...

oh and erm...

NEW PAIGE

TT8Ig.gif

Top Bottom