• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

Sokantish

NXT will hold an 8-man tournament this weekend and the winner will get a spot in the Rumble. I like this idea. The competitors are Corey Graves, Oliver Grey, Luke Harper, Xavier Woods, Conor O'Brien, Adrian Neville, Bo Dallas and Leo Kruger.

I'd be happy with Luke Harper, Adrian Neville, or Leo Krueger.

Kaladin

I'm guessing that Neville wins - I know he's the new guy, but the Rumble will be a great and very memorable way to introduce him and his corkscrew SSP, before he's eliminated.

Luke Harper eliminating a bunch of people with the sickest big boot in all of wrestling would be cool to see.

The Rumble would be an awesome way to introduce either of those guys.

Would be nice to start off with a couple minutes of Dolph Ziggler vs Luke Harper. Ziggler could make Harper look like a credible threat before tossing him right before the next guy comes out.

Aiii

So not worth it
NXT LIVE EVENT
8 Big Matches
NXT Superstars and Divas
Autographs 6:30pm
Date:
Friday, January 25, 2013
Belltime - 7:30pm, Doors - 6:30pm

565 Avenue C SE, Winter Haven Florida 33880
MAP

Tickets:
General Admission - Adults $20 / Kids $10
Gold Circle (Rows 1-3) Aldults $25 / Kids $15
Ticket Outlets:
Buddy's Home Furnishing at 1516 3rd Street SW, Winter Haven, FL 33880 (863)292-0734

Doubt they'll record it.

Did this get posted? An actually half-interesting WWE.com article, although it is still just a list.

Jim Johnston's 10 favourite WWE themes

In no order:

HHH - My Time
Undertaker
Val Venis
Maria (da fuck)
Ultimate Warrior
Hakushi
DX
Prime Time Players
Randy Orton
Stone Cold

Honourable mentions:

“S.O.S.” (Kofi Kingston)
“Here Comes The Money” (Shane McMahon)
“Girls In Cars” (Strike Force)
Gangrel/The Brood Theme
Dude Love Theme
"My Time" finally gets the recognition it deserves.

Bowser

The only NXT house show before the Rumble scheduled is tonight. I'm not sure when they're doing it.

According to WrestleZone (lol), it'll supposedly happen during Royal Rumble Fan Fest:

In addition to the ten names already confirmed for the Royal Rumble Match this Sunday night, there will be a tournament at this weekend's Royal Rumble Fan Fest, and the winner of that will also receive a spot in the Rumble match.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/267...act-tapings-being-advertised-beyond-uk-events

jred2k

That tournament idea is pretty cool and should be a good way for NXT talent to get a little bit of spotlight.

Its too bad WWE doesn't have a lower-midcard level belt, like the Cruiserweight belt or European championship. They could have a MitB briefcase for the NXT roster and allow them to challenge for that.

Kaladin

That tournament idea is pretty cool and should be a good way for NXT talent to get a little bit of spotlight.

Its too bad WWE doesn't have a lower-midcard level belt, like the Cruiserweight belt or European championship. They could have a MitB briefcase for the NXT roster and allow them to challenge for that.

The US title is kind of a lower mid card belt since it is treated as the bastard child compared to the IC title.

i feel its the opposite mostly due to cesaro. the IC title is the belt people have when creative has nothing for them

It really varies depending on who is holding it. When Cesaro won the US Title it was definitely the lowest tier and he's elevated the fuck out of it, while the IC is just sort of in storyline limbo ever since Cody lost it.

nice rumble preview by the masked man. love reading his columns

love this foot note

to be honest, I totally believe that The Rock is going to win because The Rock said he's going to win. Since his return from Hollywood two years ago, everything The Rock has said has been self-actuating truth. Two years ago he promised to lay the smack down and electrify like no one else could, and he did, saving a milquetoast Cena-Miz main event by laying out Cena with a Rock Bottom and, after he won, People's Elbowing Miz. When he came back last year, he promised to beat Cena at Mania, and he did that too. When Rock returned most recently, on the 1,000th episode of Raw, he announced that he'd be facing the WWE champion at the Royal Rumble, whoever that turned out to be. But he didn't need to win a tournament for the opportunity or even check with management. No, The Rock was the no. 1 contender by celebrity fiat. He just said it and it became so. After Mania last year, he said he'd be WWE champion, and I 100 percent believe he'll do it.

speaking of triple crowns, i hope big show pulls out MEGA TABLE. maybe mania would be more approate

SoulPlaya

more money than God
You sure? Didn't they call Miz a Triple Crown champion when he won the IC title? He only had the US, WWE and IC titles.
That's what wikipedia says. Didn't Miz win the WWE title after he won the tag team title? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple_Crown_Championship

Triple crown is WWE/world, IC, and Tag Titles.

BTW, just to add to this, I remember WWE.com posting an article way back in 2001 when Kane became the 3rd Grand Slam Champion (after HBK and HHH) in WWE history.

EDIT: I even remember the name of the article, "Big Red Grand Slam"

And here it is: http://www.angelfire.com/wrestling2/kanestuff/intsandarts/grandslam.html

That's what wikipedia says. Didn't Miz win the WWE title after he won the tag team title? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple_Crown_Championship

Triple crown is WWE/world, IC, and Tag Titles.

BTW, just to add to this, I remember WWE.com posting an article way back in 2001 when Kane became the 3rd Grand Slam Champion (after HBK and HHH) in WWE history.
Yeah he had the tag titles too. Huh, guess the US title really is the bastard child.

Mr. Sam

rit8FOI.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
To me the most prestigious title the WWE has right now is the WHC. :(

Top Bottom