• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

I can't believe that WWE.com gets away with having such terrible video quality. Everything is always so shitty looking and choppy. I wouldn't expect them to have 1080p or anything, but almost everything they put up can be found in better quality on Youtube if they haven't taken it down. I was going to watch a Rumble or two, but the quality is so shitty I'm just going to take a nap instead. It's like watching a 20 second clip on Real Player in 1997. They even do that to the clips from the weekly shows that are in HD to begin with.

The worst part about WWE.com is they talk about the match, post a 2 minute clip from the match that sometimes doesn't even show the finish. It seriously is just a vid from a match in the middle. Stupid stupid stupid.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Rewatched the Manami Toyota vs Toshiyo Yamada, hair vs hair match from 1992, which is one of Dave Meltzer's 5 star rated matches and the best match he says he has ever seen live. It doesn't quite hold up by today's standards, and even at the time it wasn't the best of AJW in 1992, but the sheer emotion of the match as these two tag team partners battle it out more than carries things along. Toyota had an infuriating habit of forgetting to sell limb work that you never would see from the likes of Akira Hokuto. It's especially evident here as Yamada works over the leg for a good 5 minutes in the middle, only for Toyota to shrug it off entirely for the finishing stretch. But, it's a killer finishing stretch nonetheless, and all the false-finishes build the crowd to a frenzy, as they don't want to see either girl lose her hair (a stipulation AJW placed great emphasis on as the worst possible outcome of a match). The build up to this match saw Toyota playing the heel, as when she failed to beat Yamada in their previous singles encounter, she snapped and demanded the hair vs hair match against her own partner. The post-match stuff plays off of this, and it is one of the most emotional scenes you'll see in wrestling, as
Toyota tries to cut her own hair as penance for winning the match and desperately tries to stop officials from shaving Yamada bald. Manami snaps when she realises what she's done, and that her own partner and best friend has to lose her hair because Manami couldn't take the fact that she was previously unable to beat her. There was no reason for the hair vs hair stipulation, other than to satisfy Manami's ego, and even though Toyota regrets her actions and realises she's entirely at fault, Yamada insists on going through with the stipulation as the crowd chants for her to be spared

Manami Toyota (c) vs Toshiyo Yamada - IWA World Women's Championship, Hair vs Hair Match - (AJW 08/15/92)

This is on my list to watch because it was one of those Meltzer 5-star matches, but I never did get around to sitting down and watching it. I'll remedy that this weekend. Thanks for the reminder as it were, Bootaaay. Looking forward to the ending.

They should have Ziggler cost Cena the rumble then just have Ziggler cut the exact same promo he has been cutting in nearly ever episode of Z True Long Island Story.

"I stole your girl, your wrestlemania title shit and your HDMI cable!"

They should have Ziggler cost Cena the rumble then just have Ziggler cut the exact same promo he has been cutting in nearly ever episode of Z True Long Island Story.

Just when you thought the cyberlife of Skidmark_187 couldn't get any worse...

Aiii

So not worth it
2013-01-25-heel-taz.jpg

Jamie OD

"How will Cena play Black Ops 2 now, King?"

PWG All Star Weekend 9 news;

• Trent Baretta will make his PWG debut at All Star Weekend 9 on March 22nd & 23rd.
  • Also, Paul London returns to PWG! And Chuck Taylor, plus, making his PWG debut, Johnny Gargano!
  • Finally, PWG have confirmed that both The Unbreakable F'n Machines & The Inner-City Machine Guns will team up at ASW9!
Holy shit, PWG bringing the awesome again. Really glad London's returning, and that the Unbreakable F'n Machines weren't just a one-time thing. Also, it should be great to see what Trent can do in a better wrestling environment.

tm24

PWG All Star Weekend 9 news;

• Trent Baretta will make his PWG debut at All Star Weekend 9 on March 22nd & 23rd.
  • Also, Paul London returns to PWG! And Chuck Taylor, plus, making his PWG debut, Johnny Gargano!
  • Finally, PWG have confirmed that both The Unbreakable F'n Machines & The Inner-City Machine Guns will team up at ASW9!
Holy shit, PWG bringing the awesome again. Really glad London's returning, and that the Unbreakable F'n Machines weren't just a one-time thing. Also, it should be great to see what Trent can do in a better wrestling environment.

PWG! PWG! PWG!

Jamie OD

NXT will hold an 8-man tournament this weekend and the winner will get a spot in the Rumble. I like this idea. The competitors are Corey Graves, Oliver Grey, Luke Harper, Xavier Woods, Conor O'Brien, Adrian Neville, Bo Dallas and Leo Kruger.

Kaladin

So I just bought the Royal Rumble PPV on WWE.com. I just noticed, that $44.95 includes the archive of the PPV event and they apparently do not expire. I still have PPVs on my account from 2011.

I'm all set for the weekend with both DGUSA events and the Royal Rumble.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So I just bought the Royal Rumble PPV on WWE.com. I just noticed, that $44.95 includes the archive of the PPV event and they apparently do not expire. I still have PPVs on my account from 2011.

I'm all set for the weekend with both DGUSA events and the Royal Rumble.

Shit, I should check my WWE account, I've purchased digitally from them sometimes.

NXT will hold an 8-man tournament this weekend and the winner will get a spot in the Rumble. I like this idea. The competitors are Corey Graves, Oliver Grey, Luke Harper, Xavier Woods, Conor O'Brien, Adrian Neville, Bo Dallas and Leo Kruger.

whoa this is awesome. im guessing PAC will get the kofi spot of crazy move to not get elimated. also no kassius Ohno?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's really the best way to go. Cheapest PPV price, HD quality and an archive of the show.

Depending if I have company or not sometimes I'll pass. If I'm alone eating Doritos and in my underwear, yeah the digital PPV is the way to go via WWE.

I'm guessing that Neville wins - I know he's the new guy, but the Rumble will be a great and very memorable way to introduce him and his corkscrew SSP, before he's eliminated.

Luke Harper eliminating a bunch of people with the sickest big boot in all of wrestling would be cool to see.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Did this get posted? An actually half-interesting WWE.com article, although it is still just a list.

Jim Johnston's 10 favourite WWE themes

In no order:

HHH - My Time
Undertaker
Val Venis
Maria (da fuck)
Ultimate Warrior
Hakushi
DX
Prime Time Players
Randy Orton
Stone Cold

Honourable mentions:

“S.O.S.” (Kofi Kingston)
“Here Comes The Money” (Shane McMahon)
“Girls In Cars” (Strike Force)
Gangrel/The Brood Theme
Dude Love Theme

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Has there ever, candid or otherwise, been an article about Vince McMahon's favorite anything? His mind is one I want to dig into, and I was thinking about it this morning, how neat it would be to have Vince McMahon's 10 most memorable mania moments, etc.

Dude Love's theme got robbed (I know it's a personal list... still...)

Has there ever, candid or otherwise, been an article about Vince McMahon's favorite anything? His mind is one I want to dig into, and I was thinking about it this morning, how neat it would be to have Vince McMahon's 10 most memorable mania moments, etc.

I would pay a high price to get 24 hour a day Big Brother style access into Vince's personal life.

Top Bottom