• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

zychi

Banned
johnson-ahmed.JPG

Razorskin

----- ------
All of them are ending, WWE apparently had a one year contract for them all with Youtube, which has ended. I assume they're going to start some new shows, or try something or other new (like putting up weekly full length matches).

WWE signed a 1 year deal with Youtube to produce these shows. They couldn't come to terms to continue so the year is up tomorrow.

edit beaten like Santino

Ah alright thanks guys, Ryder just seems to be fading into more and more obscurity.

Arda Orcal is live tweeting the WCW panel. Lots of infesting stuff being said.
@arda_ocal: Nash talks DX invasion from WCW side. They were behind garage door ordering for it to be raised, were told no. #WCWPanel
@arda_ocal: Show says he, Taker and Crush (Brian Adams) would often play golf together. Can't pick up clubs w/o thinking of him. #WCWPanel

Omega

Banned
Have they announced if the Rumble or the Rock vs Punk match is last?

For the time it seems like they are giving the rumble an hour and the Punk vs Rock match is going to be over 30 minutes. So they have about an hour for the other two matches. If the Punk vs Rock match is last then it goes like this:

8-9: Tag match and Del Rio match
9-10: Rumble
10-10:45: Punk vs Rock

hasn't the rumble always been last?

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Arda Orcal is live tweeting the WCW panel. Lots of infesting stuff being said.

Yeah this is good stuff. Even read his tweets during the DX panel and the Montreal Screwjob panel. HHH said that these panels at RR are a "beta test" and will probably do them for more future events.

this seems about right

Arda Ocal ‏@arda_ocal
"Voodoo Kin Mafia" TNA question was asked. Road Dogg says "Russo was writing and we got paid weekly. Bad time in my life, bro!" #DXPanel

also glad nothing is off the table
Arda Ocal ‏@arda_ocal
Panel loosely poke fun at Chyna/XPac but then XPac puts her over: "there will never be another one like her". #DXPanel

"She would fart as loud as Billy would. She took so much protein they'd smell as bad too" - Road Dogg on Chyna
Expand

HHH talking Chyna, saying she was just as integral in DX's funny moments- like when she got breast implants and DX made it into a segment.

If you want in on the WrassleGAF Rumble then PM DKehoe.

The Rumble airport meme is always great

GAF Rumble participants update:

DKehoe, Sunflower, Linkified, G-Fex, Guzim, Bootaaay, A Pretty Panda, Entropia, Jamie OD, RBH, SousedLouse, strobogo, Aiii, Judderman, Dork Knight, somedevil, Parallax, Frackh, Net_Wrecker, Professor Beef, Ithil, Laserfrog, Reneledarker, Mr. Sandman, BillRiccio, DMczaf, Ultratech, Jeff Albertson, mechashiva, Shark Johnson, Mr. Luchador, Killing_Joke, KenOD, Kyoufu, El Pescado, jred2k, Str0ngStyle, mrboo001, Enfinit, Mr. Sam, tm24, Penguin, LoserMakesGood, Chico Terry, akskiller, slightconfuse, HarryDemeanor, jmdajr, BIONIC-ARRRMMM!!, Nocturnowl, Matthew Gallant, MightyHealthy, Anth0ny, funkystudent, friskykillface, Darth Sonik, UberTag, TangMeng, Frustrated_Grunt, McNei1y, noclevername620, mtsmylie, B M ARAGON, Clint Beastwood, Htown, psycho17, Speedy Blue Dude, ghostmind, Sabucin, TOM f'N CRUISE, sf2fanatic, CrunchinJelly, antonz, Conrad Link, tj hazuki, darkbanjo, Nebula, Jitters, PopfulMail, Giard, Teptom, Pristine_Condition, NihonTiger90, Shadowlink, SpikedGunner, EMBee99, darkside31337, Officerrob, cr_blah_blah, -Pyromaniac-, spindashing, Ozone

PM me if you want in (seriously guys, stop just posting in the threads saying you want in. I will probably miss it)

Numbers will get posted later today. Probably around 10 GMT (5 on the US east coast, 2 on the US west coast I think?)

DKehoe

Reposting from the Royal Rumble thread:

If you have asked to be an entrant in the GAF Rumble can you do me a favour and check you are listed here?

DKehoe, Sunflower, Linkified, G-Fex, Guzim, Bootaaay, A Pretty Panda, Entropia, Jamie OD, RBH, SousedLouse, strobogo, Aiii, Judderman, Dork Knight, somedevil, Parallax, Frackh, Net_Wrecker, Professor Beef, Ithil, Laserfrog, Reneledarker, Mr. Sandman, BillRiccio, DMczaf, Ultratech, Jeff Albertson, mechashiva, Shark Johnson, Mr. Luchador, Killing_Joke, KenOD, Kyoufu, El Pescado, jred2k, Str0ngStyle, mrboo001, Enfinit, Mr. Sam, tm24, Penguin, LoserMakesGood, Chico Terry, akskiller, slightconfuse, HarryDemeanor, jmdajr, BIONIC-ARRRMMM!!, Nocturnowl, Matthew Gallant, MightyHealthy, Anth0ny, funkystudent, friskykillface, Darth Sonik, UberTag, TangMeng, Frustrated_Grunt, McNei1y, noclevername620, mtsmylie, B M ARAGON, Clint Beastwood, Htown, psycho17, Speedy Blue Dude, ghostmind, Sabucin, TOM f'N CRUISE, sf2fanatic, CrunchinJelly, antonz, Conrad Link, tj hazuki, darkbanjo, Nebula, Jitters, PopfulMail, Giard, Teptom, Pristine_Condition, NihonTiger90, Shadowlink, SpikedGunner, EMBee99, darkside31337, Officerrob, cr_blah_blah, -Pyromaniac-, spindashing, Ozone, ebullientprism, PartTimeWarrior, Razorskin, eggybob, Skiptastic, Mr.NiceGuy, Nelo Ice, NameGenerated, Verendus, ZeroRay, TenaciousNorth

We are now at over 100 entrants, which is pretty cool.

Kaladin

Dragon Gate USA tomorrow afternoon before the Rumble:

heat2013_ippv.jpg

Sunday, January 27th, 1pm PST - 4pm EST
Dragon Gate USA - Heat 2013 - Huntington Park, CA

Main Event #1 - Open The Freedom Gate Title
Johnny Gargano vs Brian Kendrick

Main Event #2 - One-Time-Only Dream Tag Team Match
The Young Bucks vs. AR Fox & Akira Tozawa

Special Challenge Match
Drake Younger vs Jon Davis

Special Challenge Match
Sami Callihan vs. Jimmy Susumu

Special Challenge Match
Samuray Del Sol vs. Ryo Saito

Special Attraction Match #1
Chuck Taylor vs. EITA

Special Attraction Match #2
Rich Swann vs. Arik Cannon

It's going to be another amazing show.

Starting in about 30 minutes!

This is the real Rumble pre-show......going to be awesome.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Reposting from the Royal Rumble thread:

If you have asked to be an entrant in the GAF Rumble can you do me a favour and check you are listed here?

DKehoe, Sunflower, Linkified, G-Fex, Guzim, Bootaaay, A Pretty Panda, Entropia, Jamie OD, RBH, SousedLouse, strobogo, Aiii, Judderman, Dork Knight, somedevil, Parallax, Frackh, Net_Wrecker, Professor Beef, Ithil, Laserfrog, Reneledarker, Mr. Sandman, BillRiccio, DMczaf, Ultratech, Jeff Albertson, mechashiva, Shark Johnson, Mr. Luchador, Killing_Joke, KenOD, Kyoufu, El Pescado, jred2k, Str0ngStyle, mrboo001, Enfinit, Mr. Sam, tm24, Penguin, LoserMakesGood, Chico Terry, akskiller, slightconfuse, HarryDemeanor, jmdajr, BIONIC-ARRRMMM!!, Nocturnowl, Matthew Gallant, MightyHealthy, Anth0ny, funkystudent, friskykillface, Darth Sonik, UberTag, TangMeng, Frustrated_Grunt, McNei1y, noclevername620, mtsmylie, B M ARAGON, Clint Beastwood, Htown, psycho17, Speedy Blue Dude, ghostmind, Sabucin, TOM f'N CRUISE, sf2fanatic, CrunchinJelly, antonz, Conrad Link, tj hazuki, darkbanjo, Nebula, Jitters, PopfulMail, Giard, Teptom, Pristine_Condition, NihonTiger90, Shadowlink, SpikedGunner, EMBee99, darkside31337, Officerrob, cr_blah_blah, -Pyromaniac-, spindashing, Ozone, ebullientprism, PartTimeWarrior, Razorskin, eggybob, Skiptastic, Mr.NiceGuy, Nelo Ice, NameGenerated, Verendus, ZeroRay, TenaciousNorth

We are now at over 100 entrants, which is pretty cool.

That's more than last year, isn't it? We had roughly 90 I think!

I think Jericho mentioned that before. When in WCW, he got his own action figure, so he went out to a store and bought one to keep at home, and when scanned in it was registered as a Sting figure, so Sting would get the royalty money from the sale.

No, the story was his girlfriend at the time bought a dual Jericho vs. Malenko pack at Toys 'R' Us. She called him and told him it rang up at the counter as a Hogan vs. Sting pack.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Scott Steiner is such a terrifying heel. He's going to beat the crap out of you and rape your girlfriend/mother/sister.

BEST KING OF THE RINGS time

1: The King of Harts, Owen Hart
2: Stone Cold Steve Austin(for the promo, really)
3: The Macho King
4: King Kurt

Agreed.

I think Jericho mentioned that before. When in WCW, he got his own action figure, so he went out to a store and bought one to keep at home, and when scanned in it was registered as a Sting figure, so Sting would get the royalty money from the sale.

What da hail!

strobogo

Banned
Scott Steiner is such a terrifying heel. He's going to beat the crap out of you and rape your girlfriend/mother/sister.

He'll rape everything. He don't give a fuck. HOLLAR. Tony and Hudson trying to justify why it was okay for Goldberg to jackhammer Midajah through a table, but was the worst thing every for Steiner to even look at Beth didn't fly for me. They're reasoning was that Midajah is a performer who has been involved in matches, so it is fair game for a 280 pound monster of a man to beat her up to make her boyfriend mad. Which, perhaps if it happened in a match or in the ring. But it didn't. Midajah wasn't even out there with Steiner, she did nothing to Goldberg. He went to the back, called her a whore, and put her through a table just to get back at Steiner.

Is that really any different than what Steiner did to Goldberg's girlfriend? I don't think so, but Tony and Scott insisted that they weren't even comparable.

DKehoe

First pool for the GAF Rumble is being posted in a couple minutes!

For those interested on how it works I'm taking the full list of everyone so far and feeding it into this site to randomise the order. Then I just divide those up into groups of 30

Anyone wanting to take part can still enter even after the pools are drawn. Just send me a PM.

Top Bottom