• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

Yeah great match

NOW 2 MONTHS of cereal joke.

What happened to passing the torch? Putting guys over? Making them famous?

Well yeah, the long term planning leaves a lot to be deired. But lik it or not, Cena is still top dog, and he isn't passing the torch yet. Cena vs. Rock just makes sense for business. It's not something I get upset about as long as other people get the chance to be stars too.

Kaladin

jaekwon15, I have come to collect.

Here is your new avatar till February 28th.

4AEo0.jpg

Enjoy.

Ithil

Punk's giant title reign isn't used to put over any young guy, he doesn't get to headline WM, or debut a new belt, or win a Rumble, nope, it's all used to put Cena over.

Vince needs to get out of the company. He's killing it dead and has been for years and years. It's so damn huge that it takes a long time to kill, but he's doing his best.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Punk's giant title reign isn't used to put over any young guy, he doesn't get to headline WM, or debut a new belt, or win a Rumble, nope, it's all used to put Cena over.

Vince needs to get out of the company. He's killing it dead and has been for years and years. It's so damn huge that it takes a long time to kill, but he's doing his best.
You may be mad, but this is the best thing for business. WM is used to attract casuals, and nothing will attract them more than Rock being the WWE champion again. I don't like it either, but it's true. WM season isn't about creating new stars anymore, it's just about a payday for old guys.

i dont even know why you fuckers are disappointed ?

you could spot rock cena by just looking at the card and putting 2+2
I truly thought they wouldn't be so predictable.

But personally, I stopped caring in 2005, got a little hope in 2011, and stopped caring again since.

You may be mad, but this is the best thing for business. WM is used to attract casuals, and nothing will attract them more than Rock being the WWE champion again. I don't like it either, but it's true. WM season isn't about creating new stars anymore, it's just about a payday for old guys.

what the point if rock wont stay around after WM? why bring people in just to see them go?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Rock should come out tomorrow and say, "I don't deserve this" and hand the belt over to Kane.

Then, WM should just be 5 hours of Kane sitting in the ring, reading a newspaper, and giving his thoughts on it, but this time, as WWE Champion!

You make it sound like predictability is inherently bad. Just cos we're smart enough to the business to know they'll do Cena vs. Rock isn't a good enough reason to not o it. Wrestlemania's purpose is to make a shitload of money out of people who don't even watch Raw all that often.

Punk is a star, or as close to one as WWE has outside Cena. He's not going away.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Problem with WWE booking is this years Mania could conceivably be:

Rock/Cena
HHH/Brock
Taker/Jobber

That's three matches before you even start thinking about the guys on the road 300+ days of the year. It really isn't fair to those guys.

Rock should come out tomorrow and say, "I don't deserve this" and hand the belt over to Kane.

Then, WM should just be 5 hours of Kane sitting in the ring, reading a newspaper, and giving his thoughts on it, but this time, as WWE Champion!

Can they both laugh at Punk while they're at it?

Rock winning the title, buries the whole roster.

Punk beat everyone who faced them only to loose to a part time movie star. way to sell me on your product vince!

Rock/Cena
HHH/Brock
Taker/Jobber

That's three matches before you even start thinking about the guys on the road 300+ days of the year. It really isn't fair to those guys.
When has the WWE ever been fair to the guys working the most? Or the people who work in general?

Punk is a star, or as close to one as WWE has outside Cena. He's not going away.
People in this thread make it sound like he's never going to be champion again. That's just complete stupidity.

Look at it this way guys. If the WWE had no faith in CM Punk they wouldn't have given him a year long reign. Just because he lost to the Rock doesn't mean he's gone tomorrow never to be heard from again.

Rock/Cena
HHH/Brock
Taker/Jobber

And those matches are the reason WM gets a million buys and everyone else on the card gets a substantially larger payday than they ever get normally. If WM was just NoC's cards nobody would be getting the same money.

You make it sound like predictability is inherently bad. Just cos we're smart enough to the business to know they'll do Cena vs. Rock isn't a good enough reason to not o it. Wrestlemania's purpose is to make a shitload of money out of people who don't even watch Raw all that often.

Predictability is fine, but the execution is terrible. Could that entire ending sequence been any worse?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Funny PPV, all of my predictions came true. Looks like PhoenixAzure is getting a Batista avatar!

Jitters

How many times have you seen people talk about how the Attitude Era is better than the current day wrestlers?

Exactly. Of course people see it that way.

And that is why you would use The Rock to sell tickets. What, they should have gotten him to lose like they did with Brock?

Ithil

I can get that, sure. Rock being champ, sure. It might even be fun at times.

But going over Punk's reign, and all for the end game of Cenawinslol? Couldn't be more lame.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I found it entertaining and fun to cheer for Cena for once.

8dGNRrK.jpg

Top Bottom