• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

tm24

My wrestling schedule is generally skip Raw, listen to the LAW for notable moments to youtube, skip SD and everything else, pick up some indie wrestling sometime on the weekend if I can. That's just enough to keep me current and in touch while minimizing my pain.

YO! GWF tonight? Or should i continue binging on P4G?

Kaladin

Raw Elimination Chamber should be:

Rock vs Punk vs Ryback vs Dean Ambrose vs Roman Reigns vs Seth Rollins

The only way to ensure The Sheild won't mess with the match is to put them in it....and Ryback gets in because of The Shield.

Carnby

fuck i wish i could have seen the Rumble. who won??

You have come to the most trusted source in wrestling news and rumors. Welcome.

Also, this. Rumor has it this is the new belt.

jred2k

Why wouldn't a Rock Bottom, if executed properly, through the announce table result in a DQ? I know the most accurate answer is probably "because wrestling lol", but its weird to me that the same move through a normal table would have been a DQ.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Why wouldn't a Rock Bottom, if executed properly, through the announce table result in a DQ? I know the most accurate answer is probably "because wrestling lol", but its weird to me that the same move through a normal table would have been a DQ.

Putting someone through an announcer table in WWE games has never been a DQ. If they followed those rules, you wouldn't be able to throw someone into the stairs.

atomsk

Party Pooper
You have come to the most trusted source in wrestling news and rumors. Welcome.

Also, this. Rumor has it this is the new belt.

I'm laughing pretty hard at sites like Lords of Pain posting this and then pulling the article

For fucks sake, a quick google search shows you the actual belt and the fact it says WWF: World Wrestling Federation on it

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Why doesn't someone leave through the second and top rope and wait it out?

How come when Eddie did that he came back in when there were a bunch of dudes still in the ring?

Matches from upcoming foley DVD
Jack Foley / Les Thornton vs. The British Bulldogs
Superstars September 1986
Alternate Commentary: Mick Foley & Joey Styles

Cactus Jack / Gary Young vs. Scott Steiner / Billy Travis
AWA All Star Wrestling October 1988

Cactus Jack Manson vs. Brickhouse Brown
Wild West Wrestling April 1989

Cactus Jack vs. Keith Hart
Power Hour March 1990

Submit or Surrender Match
Cactus Jack vs. Sting
Power Hour November 1991

Falls Count Anywhere Match
Cactus Jack vs. Van Hammer
Clash of the Champions XVIII 21st January, 1992

Barbed Wire Match
Cactus Jack vs. Sandman
Ft. Lauderdale, FL May 1995

Cactus Jack vs. Shane Douglas
CyberSlam February 1996

Mankind vs. Rocky Maivia
IYH: Cold Day in Hell 11th May, 1997

Mankind vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley
IYH: Canadian Stampede 6th July, 1997
Dude Love vs. Rocky Maivia
RAW 17th November, 1997

Hell in a Cell
Mankind vs. Undertaker
King of the Ring 28th June, 1998

WWE Tag Team Championship Match
Mankind / Kane vs. New Age Outlaws
RAW 13th July, 1998

WWE Championship Match
Mankind vs. The Rock
IYH: Rock Bottom 13th December, 1998

WWE Tag Team Championship
Mankind / The Rock vs. Triple H / Shane McMahon
SmackDown 2nd September, 1999

Mankind vs. Al Snow
SmackDown 16th December, 1999

Hell In A Cell – Retirement Match
Cactus Jack vs. Triple H
No Way Out 27th February, 2000

Blu-ray also has a ton of extras .

I'll be arrogant enough to speak for The NYC Crowd...

Rock is going to get massively, massively cheered... Cena is going to get booed out of the building that night, the next night on RAW (in NJ or NYC), and I'm hoping for a WCW "heel just won"-style treatment of Cena's inevitable title win. Bury that ring in popcorn boxes.

Rock is going to get Hogan-style treatment from the Rock/Hogan match. Cena might as well be Satan.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. No way Rock is going to get Hogan treatment. I'm expecting 50/50 for Rock at best.

Cagey

Banned
I wouldn't be so sure about that. No way Rock is going to get Hogan treatment. I'm expecting 50/50 for Rock at best.

The Rock v. Punk? Sure, because the heel is beloved by the "smark" crowd, and the face is a legend from the "smark" crowd's adolescence. Whoever wins, the crowd wins.

The Rock v. Cena? It's gonna be ugly. There's only one choice.

After having the time to mull it over I think that the thing that offended my most about last nights festivities was Bo Dallas eliminating Barrett, I was filled with such contempt and rage that when Barrett pulled his stupid Bo arse over the ropes and cracked his goofy face I had brief cathartic relief.
Fucking Bo Dallas, why? why give him the little rumble push of all people?! ARRRGH!

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
After having the time to mull it over I think that the thing that offended my most about last nights festivities was Bo Dallas eliminating Barrett, I was filled with such contempt and rage that when Barrett pulled his stupid Bo arse over the ropes and cracked his goofy face I had brief cathartic relief.
Fucking Bo Dallas, why? why give him the little rumble push of all people?! ARRRGH!
Bo Dallas and Maven vs. Taker and Barrett at Wrestlemania.

The Rock v. Cena 2 does give WWE a chance to redo the mistakes of the first run though.

Add some intensity to the feud. Make Cena stock smiling and slap rock in the face right away and dont have weeks of gay jokes leading to a brawl the RAW before the match.

Also here is chance #574 for a Cena heel turn.....

Clearly they are going for a trilogy with the final at WM30 but ... yeah. Maybe the 2nd match should have happened at SummerSlam instead because 3 WM's in a raw being headlined by this shit is just bleh.

On paper it seems like a good thing but the entire rivalry just lacks any kind of hook or intensity between the two.

I guess this means Rock will win the rumble next year and Cena will stay champ until after wrestlemania 30 to get his longest reign record back?

Top Bottom