• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

jmdajr

Who gets Cena's WrestleMania WWE title shot if he wins the title in that match?
Automatically becomes Dwayne's exercised rematch?
Sure, that makes sense.

Maybe Cena can sit this one out. What else is he going to do?

Perhaps he'll show up at EC and just do one of his goofy promos.

McNei1y

Who gets Cena's WrestleMania WWE title shot if he wins the title in that match?
Automatically becomes Dwayne's exercised rematch?
Sure, that makes sense.

It would still be more entertaining than a Ryback, Big Show, Sheamus, Punk, Cena, Rock match. If Rock and/or Cena are involved in the EC match, then it'll be obvious who the winner is either way. If they were to go that route, I'd prefer my cast of superstars.

In regards to the WHC, here's how I see it playing out:

If for the title: Del Rio/Show/Ziggler/Jericho/Orton/Sheamus
If for WM shot at title: Ziggler/Jericho/Orton/Sheamus/Cesaro/Barrett or Miz with Del Rio/Show WHC title blow off match. Ziggs wins, Ziggs vs Del Rio at WM with Ziggs having his MitB as a plan B

Good point. I can see this happening as well. I was just hoping to see Barrett and Cesaro work with these big guys rather than a Miz or something.

jmdajr

Or maybe Vickie puts Cena's title shot on the line at EC.
Rock can then have a singles match with Punk...

Granted I think I rather all see them in the Chamber, but maybe they don't want Cena/Rock accidentally touching each other.

edit: Just realized Cena lost both Wrestlemania 28 AND 27 Really is a far gone conclusion.

Bowser

Good point. I can see this happening as well. I was just hoping to see Barrett and Cesaro work with these big guys rather than a Miz or something.

I agree, just think Miz is more likely because it keeps the face/heel ratio even (3 vs 3) and WWE loves having these mini-feuds in these multi-man cage/chamber matches (Jericho vs Ziggler, Miz vs Cesaro, Orton vs Sheamus)

McNei1y

I agree, just think Miz is more likely because it keeps the face/heel ratio even (3 vs 3) and WWE loves having these mini-feuds in these multi-man cage/chamber matches (Jericho vs Ziggler, Miz vs Cesaro, Orton vs Sheamus)

Yeah. They really do love that stuff. At one point in the Rumble last night, I think there were 4 or 5 different mini-feuds going on.

Also, whoever posted (and commented on) that "WWF Attitude Welcome Speech" by McMahon yesterday was spot on. WWF really took a step back after the attitude days.

Bowser

From WZ, so take it with a giant can of Morton's, but:

WZ has learned there's been a lot of discussion that WWE would have a custom designed title belt for The Rock to debut tonight as WWE Champion.

We're told there is no guarantee this will take place, but there were drawings and designs for a custom title for The Rock, similar to how Stone Cold had a custom "Smoking Skull" belt during his title reign.

The belief amongst those who are in the know of the new title design is that The Rock would logically debut it the first night of his title run, however it's possible he will continue using the spinner version of the title.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bo Dallas is a big name guy so yeah, Barrett does get a chance to shine with a top talent.

So I'm told - but I need to see it to believe it. Bo Dallas was just THERE last night. Didn't help he came out while Kofi did his stupid-ass little pogo to the ring.

BFIB

I tend to now think of the Bedazzled Championship as the one ring from LOTR. Always bound to its true master, and its heard its masters call. This has all been a plan for the past year to get the belt back to its master.

We need the eagle belt to return and rescue all of us.

hmgv.gif

You people are forgeting the bigger picture here... it's that I am the NeoGAF Royal Rumble Champion!

I am the NeoGAF Royal Rumble Champion!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You people are forgeting the bigger picture here... it's that I am the NeoGAF Royal Rumble Champion!

I drew goddamn Brodus Clay.

We're trying to ignore you, like we ignore John Cena, but yet here you are.

Ithil

From WZ, so take it with a giant can of Morton's, but:

WZ making up crap as usual. "It will either happen or it won't".

At least the Observer and PWInsider base their guesses on evidence they've seen (for instance, Carlito WAS in Phoenix and backstage, apparently, hence why they assumed he was going to be in the Rumble).

Sokantish

I knew you could do it, Frankman.

Bowser

WZ making up crap as usual. "It will either happen or it won't".

At least the Observer and PWInsider base their guesses on evidence they've seen (for instance, Carlito WAS in Phoenix and backstage, apparently, hence why they assumed he was going to be in the Rumble).

Yeah lol. It's like "WZ has learned that Cena may or may not be wearing new merch tonight. He may or may not espouse the values of HUSTLE. LOYALTY. RESPECT. Tune in tonight to be sure!"

I'm quite surprised they didn't take the opportunity to have Cesaro show off his freaky strength. Deadlifting Brodus over the top rope, or something. There weren't really many memorable spots this year, other than Kofi's shenanigans (although he clearly should have stayed on the table, as then he couldn't be eliminated).

Carnby

I know we're all disappointed with the RR results. But there are a few things to look forward to.

-If Rock and Cena feud again, we can look forward to Cena being cut down with Rock promos. Remember Rock throwing Cena's crap into the river? Good stuff.

-I can't wait to hear the NYC crowd end WM29 with massive booing when Cena wins the belt. Let's see how WWE commentators spin this.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I know we're all disappointed with the RR results. But there are a few things to look forward to.

-If Rock and Cena feud again, we can look forward to Cena being cut down with Rock promos. Remember Rock throwing Cena's crap into the river? Good stuff.

-I can't wait to hear the NYC crowd end WM29 with massive booing when Cena wins the belt. Let's see how WWE commentators spin this.

I dont remember this at all. I do remember Cena destroying Rock on the mic. Thats when I knew Rock was washed up.

jmdajr

No doubt. I will be witness to this live. It's going to be something else.

Ithil

I hate that they always just forget about the stuff they set up early in the Rumble by the end. Like Ziggler gave his promo about going the distance, and they purposely had him constantly just hang on on the outside, everyone trying to throw him out but always surviving. Then near the end he randomly gets dumped out without fanfare by Sheamus. Well then why do the whole survivor thing? If he wasn't going to either win or be the runner-up.

Also...this RAW preview, how the fuck is Vince supposed to be giving Heyman a "performance evaluation"? Heyman doesn't even work for him, in kayfabe, he's just Punk's friend that tags along.

This RAW is going to be dogshit, I can sense it. It's RAW Roulette, too, extra chance for dogshit.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Kane's such a dick, why wouldn't he let Bryan back in? Soul I hope you learned something about this supposed "good guy"

They should have had Kane just hold Bryan up in that position and have the two of them walk all the way back to the locker room.

Ultimate material for those Bryan x Kane fanfics.

Carnby

I hate that they always just forget about the stuff they set up early in the Rumble by the end. Like Ziggler gave his promo about going the distance, and they purposely had him constantly just hang on on the outside, everyone trying to throw him out but always surviving. Then near the end he randomly gets dumped out without fanfare by Sheamus. Well then why do the whole survivor thing? If he wasn't going to either win or be the runner-up.

Also...this RAW preview, how the fuck is Vince supposed to be giving Heyman a "performance evaluation"? Heyman doesn't even work for him, in kayfabe, he's just Punk's friend that tags along.

This RAW is going to be dogshit, I can sense it. It's RAW Roulette, too, extra chance for dogshit.

Two things.

1. After Ziggler was eliminated my friend gave me some good advice. "You just have to accept that he's never going to make it."

2. I HATE RAW Roulette!

Lol. I love my new avatar. It looks like Cookie Puss is reading my post and enjoying it very much. :-D

McNei1y

The Rock promo of throwing Cena's stuff into the river was classic Rock. I enjoyed that. I'll obviously look forward to the booing and The Rock being a jerk to Cena since that's the only bright spots that can come from Once in a Lifetime II.... but I obviously wish we had something else.

Ithil

The end of a 4 hour show, in an open air arena in early April, and Cena wins?

iZxrb9GG1gZCS.gif

blooddiamond.gif

Everyone over 12's faces in the WM crowd after heroic hero John Cena heroically wins the WWE title from Rock. While Vince somehow hears cheers with his reality challenged ears.

Carnby

I'd like to share how my friends and I played the Royal Rumble lottery at my home last night.

The usual stuff first. 6 people were playing, that means we all drew 5 numbers.

If you drew Cena you won a box of Fruity Pebbles featuring the cartoon version of Cena.

play_e_pebbles_576.jpg

If you drew Kane, you won an Undertaker S.T.O.M.P 3 action figure. But if Taker should appear in the Rumble, the person who drew him steals the prize.

s3-taker.jpg

Finally, if you win the Rumble you get the VHS Wrestlemania 1 through 13 box set.

WrestleManiaVHSCollection.jpg

They were copies of the VHS tapes dubbed to DVD.

Top Bottom