• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

Is Botchedspot guy someone in here, it's far too accurate. If it isn't someone in here, then does that mean that the vast majority of internet savvy wrestling fans feel the same way? We're a twisted lost bunch of sorry souls.

haha even that t-shirt! (except CHIKARA). man.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Anyone notice how that botchedspot comic strip isn't funny at all? How it's just 'hey this is what wrestling fans on the internet are saying'?

It's like Robot Chicken with wrestling

Ithil

GUYS I WANT CENA TO TURN HEEL SO I CAN START CHEERING HIM

Time has passed for me. It's gone on too long, and I simply want Cena to get off my TV screen and never, ever come back. It's not like he'd become 2003 Thugonomics Cena, he'd be the exact same goon, only now you're SUPPOSED to find him annoying and time wasting.

Cagey

Banned
Clearly they are going for a trilogy with the final at WM30 but ... yeah. Maybe the 2nd match should have happened at SummerSlam instead because 3 WM's in a raw being headlined by this shit is just bleh.

On paper it seems like a good thing but the entire rivalry just lacks any kind of hook or intensity between the two.

I guess this means Rock will win the rumble next year and Cena will stay champ until after wrestlemania 30 to get his longest reign record back?

4179281_o.gif

Ithil

The Rock v. Cena 2 does give WWE a chance to redo the mistakes of the first run though.

Add some intensity to the feud. Make Cena stock smiling and slap rock in the face right away and dont have weeks of gay jokes leading to a brawl the RAW before the match.

Also here is chance #574 for a Cena heel turn.....

Clearly they are going for a trilogy with the final at WM30 but ... yeah. Maybe the 2nd match should have happened at SummerSlam instead because 3 WM's in a raw being headlined by this shit is just bleh.

On paper it seems like a good thing but the entire rivalry just lacks any kind of hook or intensity between the two.

I guess this means Rock will win the rumble next year and Cena will stay champ until after wrestlemania 30 to get his longest reign record back?

Four WMs, frankly. Since WM 27's main event was dominated by Rock/Cena, and ended up just being a giant set up for WM 28.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
GUYS I WANT CENA TO TURN HEEL SO I CAN START CHEERING HIM
He needs a Hollywood Rock heel turn. Rock was getting booed then too since he had turned too greatly into what Cena is now (always smiling, yelling, respect you kind of guy), and that heel turn acted as catharsis for the character and the fans.

Kaladin

Glad I'm taking a break if that happens.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry guys, still no GWF tonight - still tied up in too much bullshit to do it right :(

UberTag

This guy has to be on Gaf.
More like opinions within WrassleGAF are largely held elsewhere. We're not an island of sanity in a sea of brainwashed WWE muppets. There are actually quite a large number of us. Most of the WrestleMania attendees will think and react like this guy does.

Granted, it actually IS easy to boycott RAW (even watching it after the fact) without too much trouble. You don't need to tune in for Ziggler. You don't need to tune in for Punk & Heyman. You don't need to tune in for D.Brine. It'll largely be the same stuff you've seen before.

I still haven't watched D.Brine & Kane graduate from anger management classes. Do I care? Not really. I got the gist of it the first time.

Take a break from WWE now! Don't be like the guy in the comic. Don't threaten to take a break "if" something happens... or AFTER Mania... or when Cena becomes Champ again. Take a break now and catch the 5-10 minutes worth of highlights on YouTube. You can even post on WrassleGAF during RAW. It's still very entertaining even when you're not watching the show and its litany of "debut album" commercials.

And yes, Cena WILL have a longer title reign than Punk just did after Mania 29. BANK on it. Unless Vince dies or Cena hurts himself.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I loved the Punk/Rock match. I've been waiting for Rock to bring back energy I missed that he hasn't been allowed to with Cena. I actually think it gives CM Punk a bigger push. It's a very memorable moment. Sure Rock is going to face Cena and lose, but Cena's loss to him was forgettable shit. The opening even had a "this is your house Rock and I'm pouting about fixing to lose." CM Punk just straight meshed with the The Rock tapping into his Prime and had a great match and loss, and proved he could exist in the attitude era. Something you'll never see with Cena an Rock cause Cena is a PG cookiepuss.

Punk is the only full time wrestler The Rock could do it with so well. Sure some of you wanted Austin, but there's always the future.

The Rock v. Punk? Sure, because the heel is beloved by the "smark" crowd, and the face is a legend from the "smark" crowd's adolescence. Whoever wins, the crowd wins.

The Rock v. Cena? It's gonna be ugly. There's only one choice.

True, i just think the smark crowd might be sick of Rock by then. The nostalgia for Rock has worn off. We have asshole stuffed down our throats for 10 years vs asshole who comes and goes when ever he pleases. Any true smark will shit over this Goldberg/Lesnar style.

This is of course if they book the feud poorly which is highly likely. There is a chance they can turn up the intensity to make us give a shit for twice in a lifetime.

RkOwnage

I bought tickets to WM29...should I go be a part of the crowd that boos the ever loving hell out of John Cena or should I try to get rid of them while I'm still able to? I have been to 24, 27 and 28, so, I am not missing anything I haven't seen before.

Your thoughts?

I bought tickets to WM29...should I go be a part of the crowd that boos the ever loving hell out of John Cena or should I try to get rid of them while I'm still able to? I have been to 24, 27 and 28, so, I am not missing anything I haven't seen before.

Your thoughts?

Enjoy the matches during WM, then leave when it's time for Cena's match so you can beat the traffic.

RkOwnage

Enjoy the matches during WM, then leave when it's time for Cena's match so you can beat the traffic.

Yeah, I just hope there are good matchs to be had, surely Undertaker will have a good match, and Jericho as well, as long as the rumored heel turn to against Ryback doesn't happen. Also, Triple H vs. Lesnar II? ...It's a Wrestlemania repeat!

Omega

Banned
I gave up for fully five years, barring checking one or two Rumbles. It can be done. The reason I'm not quitting now in spite of the horrendous WM main event we've got looming is I'm invested in a number of the mid card and lower guys, and others in NXT. Like if I gave up now I'd miss Bryan or Cesaro's gradual rises (if whoever upstairs in WWE has a stick up their ass about Bryan will get rid of it, that is), and whatnot.

It's all dampened by the concrete knowledge that they'll always be under Cena and never be the top guys as long as Vince is in charge, though.

stop, just stop. those guys are never going to get their chance. quit before it's too late.

There's a decent chance the NYC crowd just shits on the whole match in general.

im fully expecting a WCW style moment where everyone just throws garbage in the ring.

Cena is hated beyond words in NY. Every real wrestling fan is tired of The Rock being Samoan Cena with his shitty RAWR IM GONNA YELL JUST TO YELL promos and the match is an insult that everyone saw coming a mile away with a finish that everyone is going to see coming a mile away.

The only possible swerve is Rock wins again to set up Thrice in a Lifetime at WM30..which would probably make even the Cena fans give up on wrestling.

the whole match is a joke and I'm hoping to see gifs of them having all sorts of garbage thrown at them or NY is going to let me down.

somedevil

im fully expecting a WCW style moment where everyone just throws garbage in the ring.

Cena is hated beyond words in NY. Every real wrestling fan is tired of The Rock being Samoan Cena with his shitty RAWR IM GONNA YELL JUST TO YELL promos and the match is an insult that everyone saw coming a mile away with a finish that everyone is going to see coming a mile away.

The only possible swerve is Rock wins again to set up Thrice in a Lifetime at WM30..which would probably make even the Cena fans give up on wrestling.

the whole match is a joke and I'm hoping to see gifs of them having all sorts of garbage thrown at them or NY is going to let me down.

Get ready to be let down. Nobody yet has booed the returning Rock. Everybody is going to be cheering the Rock and booing Cena.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I still say that Rock beating Punk last night was the absolute smart move. Having Rock hold the WWE title draws in casuals and raises the significance of the title. Having Punk lose by People's elbow is also irrelevant. When you lose clean, you lose clean. Unless it's a rollup or something, most people don't care. Hell, among my friends who are casual fans, the People's Elbow is considered more "powerful" than the Rock Bottom.

I know people will say that beating Rock would have put Punk over the top, but Punk is a heel, and that sort of thing is reserved for faces. Now, if this was during the "summer of punk" then yeah, but the WWE screwed that up royally. Punk could have been the next SCSA, but HHH's inability keep himself out of a hot angle ruined it. It's sad to say, but it's true.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
People still watch the B-show? Everyone knows GWF is the best thing going today.

Thanks for the kind words, but GWF's so far two-week hiatus has been rough.

Last we saw, Heavy had banished Pop-GAF out of the GWF.
Laserfrog took back his rightful title from Bootaaay.
SoulPlaya went hard in the paint and was shooting on all NeoGAF higher-ups, and is planning to charge the Four Kings Arena to stop them.
Shark Johnson nearly murdered Strobogo.
Bishoptl murdered Beef and Dragonzord.

What next?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Who would watch a show that's booked where someone wins the match to not be deleted and gets deleted anyways? Are you Vince Russo?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Who would watch a show that's booked where someone wins the match to not be deleted and gets deleted anyways? Are you Vince Russo?

Bish went into business for himself, that's the extent of his power. He did a rewrite DURING the show.

Cagey

Banned
stop, just stop. those guys are never going to get their chance. quit before it's too late.

I'm not tired of The Rock in the slightest. I'm tired of The Rock being forced to trot out there like a reunion tour and play his greatest hits (Rock Concert) when he should be allowed to just be a wrestler, but I'm mainly tired of The Rock's participation in a storyline that culminates with cenawinslol.gif

The inevitability of a horrendous conclusion, coupled with an IWC darling (and legitimately great performer, obv) getting sacrificed in the build-up, is what has people so upset.

don't worry, in my FPR fed, you and I are champions and hold all the belts and have 5* matches every 2 hours and we are all bffs with Bryan, Hero, Generico and get turkey sandwiches every night

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hey let's be realistic. Dragonzord is a stand-up guy and is great, but the poor guy never drew a dime, even when he pierced his nipples and grew that impressive gut on his 7' frame.

I'm hoping that Chris Jericho chooses to put Mahal over in this run so that the WWE will finally have the incentive to release that "Jinder Mahalics" shirt I keep pitching.

Top Bottom