• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

Anth0ny

Oh fuck

I totally forgot that when cena wins the crowd is going to boo him out of the fucking building

As long as Rock FEELS like the winner going out (and cena looks like a fuck) I'm good

Excitement rising

McNei1y

Ryback dropping "Fruity Pebbles" in his Royal Rumble promo is so much better now.

I hope they were able to sign Brock to a lot more Raw shows.

tumblr_lnx7r6xrzi1qcc57pzo.gif

McNei1y

I really feel for Ziggler right now. The guy was destroyed by Cena for two weeks... and then lats 49 minutes until he gets eliminated by a Sheamus Brogue Kick. Damn you Creative and Cena!!

Oh fuck

I totally forgot that when cena wins the crowd is going to boo him out of the fucking building

Its gonna be bad. A wrestlemania crowd that close to ny Cena's gonna get booed so bad. I still remember one night stand vs rvd it felt like the crowd was tear him apart.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If you drew Kane, you won an Undertaker S.T.O.M.P 3 action figure. But if Taker should appear in the Rumble, the person who drew him steals the prize.

s3-taker.jpg

Amazing, this figure is amazing!

king zell

WWE gained a lot from Brock even with his limited appearances. He improved buyrates for the two PPV he participated in significantly.

Hopefully this time around it's more than 3 appearances per month.

Also another great report... Its seems that Chris Jericho is coming back full time again:

He cut a promo on wwe.com with Dolph and told him that he was reinstated

Chris Jericho Signs Short Term Deal With WWE
http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/13311/chris-jericho-signs-short-term-deal-with-wwe

Oh fuck

As long as Rock FEELS like the winner going out (and cena looks like a fuck) I'm good

Excitement rising

That's the curious thing about it. Cena/Rock is a money match but it also does nothing for Cena as a baby face. It's short sighted in quite a few ways.

Cagey

Banned
A minimum of two more years of MMA "I might just kill someone for the lulz" Brock Lesnar in the WWE is a good thing. Hopefully the dates restriction isn't as tight so we can get Lesnar more often. He'd still maintain that instant Main Event feel, because he won't be on TV three times a week every week.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Oh fuck

Excitement rising

There's a decent chance the NYC crowd just shits on the whole match in general.

bangai-o

Banned
Too bad I quit.

whats this I keep hearing about quitting? Remember wresslegaf. no matter how great the set-back, no matter how severe the failure, you never give up. You never give up. You pick yourself up, brush yourself off, you push forward, you adapt, you overcome.

Kaladin

I think I'm going to start scaling back my tv wrasslin viewing early. I'm no longer going to watch Raw live, and if there is something I want to see, I'll catch it on youtube or Hulu. I'm also taking a break from TNA.

I'll still watch NXT each week though, best hour of wrasslin each week.

not even this gets me excited, don't even care which jobber he'll put over this time.

I think I'm going to start scaling back my tv wrasslin viewing early. I'm no longer going to watch Raw live, and if there is something I want to see, I'll catch it on youtube or Hulu. I'm also taking a break from TNA.

yeah, do like me, read the thread for the best bits (if there's any) and catch them on YT or dailymotion.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Hard to say. The NYC loved Rock when he teamed with Cena at Survivor Series. Remember when they chanted, "Don't tag Cena! Don't tag Cena!" lol

Yeah I know, I was in the 8th row. Have tix for Mania too.

But that was Rock's first match in 7 years. This is a mulligan on a match where we already know the result 3 months in advance.

We'll see. I guess it'll depend on just how cynically this whole thing plays out.

Cagey

Banned
There's a decent chance the NYC crowd just shits on the whole match in general.

Hard to say. The NYC loved Rock when he teamed with Cena at Survivor Series. Remember when they chanted, "Don't tag Cena! Don't tag Cena!" lol

I'll be arrogant enough to speak for The NYC Crowd...

Rock is going to get massively, massively cheered... Cena is going to get booed out of the building that night, the next night on RAW (in NJ or NYC), and I'm hoping for a WCW "heel just won"-style treatment of Cena's inevitable title win. Bury that ring in popcorn boxes.

Rock is going to get Hogan-style treatment from the Rock/Hogan match. Cena might as well be Satan.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Kane's such a dick, why wouldn't he let Bryan back in? Soul I hope you learned something about this supposed "good guy"
In all seriousness, I think there was a botch in that spot. It seemed like they were supposed to do something else, but Bryan just slipped off. Who knows, though?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
My wrestling schedule is generally skip Raw, listen to the LAW for notable moments to youtube, skip SD and everything else, pick up some indie wrestling sometime on the weekend if I can. That's just enough to keep me current and in touch while minimizing my pain.

Ithil

whats this I keep hearing about quitting? Remember wresslegaf. no matter how great the set-back, no matter how severe the failure, you never give up. You never give up. You pick yourself up, brush yourself off, you push forward, you adapt, you overcome.

I gave up for fully five years, barring checking one or two Rumbles. It can be done. The reason I'm not quitting now in spite of the horrendous WM main event we've got looming is I'm invested in a number of the mid card and lower guys, and others in NXT. Like if I gave up now I'd miss Bryan or Cesaro's gradual rises (if whoever upstairs in WWE has a stick up their ass about Bryan will get rid of it, that is), and whatnot.

It's all dampened by the concrete knowledge that they'll always be under Cena and never be the top guys as long as Vince is in charge, though.

tve12853-19940829-1877.jpg

Leslie Neilsen to cash in Money in the Bank contract! I know this as I talked to him last night after the Royal Rumble, he's still looking for The Undertaker, but said he had time to uncover the Dave Meltzer Mystery. I had to explain that it wasn't the name of a pretentious band, but we'll soon uncover the truth.

Ithil

tve12853-19940829-1877.jpg

Leslie Neilsen to cash in Money in the Bank contract! I know this as I talked to him last night after the Royal Rumble, he's still looking for The Undertaker, but said he had time to uncover the Dave Meltzer Mystery. I had to explain that it wasn't the name of a pretentious band, but we'll soon uncover the truth.

Well, looks like the cows have come home to roost.

It really doesn't. It's just an ad with a current established product. Do you also think Rock will not make anymore t-shirts because this ad features a Just Bring It shirt?

I don't think they'd push the belt just to replace it tonight. And if they don't do it tonight it'll never happen.

Top Bottom