• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

Hightower

Banned
Yeah but Rocky wasn't flabby when that match happened. HHH also looked pretty phenomenal.
Bret, Shawn...looked good. etc. You can look good and go the distance.
Who else had one? Brock/Angle?

Brock and Angle are both olympic level wrestlers...
Both with extreme genetic gifts. Especially Brock.

It goes the other way, you can look like absolute shit and still go the distance (Joe). Look is one thing, it's having the cardio to actually do it consistently.

Maybe if Rocky laid off the extreme body building regime he's fashioned for himself and focused on the cardio he could do the longer matches.

What's your point again?

Yeah but Rocky wasn't flabby when that match happened. HHH also looked pretty phenomenal.
Bret, Shawn...looked good. etc. You can look good and go the distance.
Who else had one? Brock/Angle?

Michaels/Hart
Michaels/Angle
Brock/Angle
Benoit/Angle
Benoit/Triple H
Orton/Cena

jmdajr

Brock and Angle are both olympic level wrestlers...
Both with extreme genetic gifts. Especially Brock.

It goes the other way, you can look like absolute shit and still go the distance (Joe). Look is one thing, it's having the cardio to actually do it consistently.

Maybe if Rocky laid off the extreme body building regime he's fashioned for himself and focused on the cardio he could do the longer matches.

What's your point again?

My point? Tired of excuses mostly.

Thomas says he used to be a “gloomy pessimist,” an outlook on life that’s changed over time and helped in his recovery.

“All things happen for a reason that preclude, maybe, present understanding, but you deal with the cards that you have dealt,” he said.

He's trying to be as positive as possible, and he still rates Rock's win as the worst thing that happened to him that week - talk about a vote of No Confidence.

That makes sense. I always thought that wrestling in Japan is better financially, but it is more of a matter of the individual would fit in culture wise.

Yeah, that seems to be the case. Payouts in Japan actually used to be higher that that, but when most of the bigger feds fell off in the 2000s, they all started to pay out a lot less.

Especially in the late 80s which was when vs Biollante was made, it was a pretty creative monster to have. I really liked Biollante.

Man, Anguirus...didn't need to see him get kicked 40 miles...

Yeah, he got it bad. I would have used another clip, but that's the easiest one for me to find; I keep it bookmarked to put this bizarre dub line in context.

Hightower

Banned

What's an excuse?

Some people are just not genetically built to look like the "WWE mold". And that's just fine.

There's enough cookie-cutter CAW look a likes running around as it is.

Punk tried carrying the extra muscle weight, it didn't work for him. The guy's extremely popular just the way he is. He succeeds in spite of his "appearance", which isn't bad to begin with. He's got a somewhat slim build and his focus is cardio. That's been pretty apparent.

Him looking like a ripped meat head wouldn't make him any more money or win him any more fans.

jmdajr

Speaking of tubby people.

Ron Jeremy is being treated for an aneurysm that was located near his heart and is in critical condition according to TMZ.

Sorry for the joke Ron.

jmdajr

What's an excuse?

Some people are just not genetically built to look like the "WWE mold". And that's just fine.

There's enough cookie-cutter CAW look a likes running around as it is.

Punk tried carrying the extra muscle weight, it didn't work for him. The guy's extremely popular just the way he is. He succeeds in spite of his "appearance", which isn't bad to begin with. He's got a somewhat slim build and his focus is cardio. That's been pretty apparent.

Him looking like a ripped meat head wouldn't make him any more money or win him any more fans.

I think I've covered all that. I've commended him on succeeding despite his other short comings.
I feel like critiquing them today though. We do that alot around here.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
People who do the figure four better than the miz:

iNFomY4yofzae.gif

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE

It's not a matter of "excuses". It's a matter of "who gives a shit?"

Punk was the champ because he has fantastic matches in the ring and he's great on the mic. He's not required to be ripped because muscles are not what make him good at either of those things.

XenoRaven

I like how it's implied that Miz didn't know how to do it until Flair showed him and now he can add it to his impressive repertoire of clothesline, double axe handle, neckbreaker, and full nelson fall down.

jmdajr

Punk was the champ because he has fantastic matches in the ring and he's great on the mic. He's not required to be ripped because muscles are not what make him good at either of those things.

Lots of people give a shit when Punk is critiqued apparently. I guess we can all go back to ganging up on Cena.
Don't worry Punks a big boy, he can take it.

Hightower

Banned

Bingo.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Punk's a fat, but fats can be good. Look at King Kong Bundy. Same thing.

I like how it's implied that Miz didn't know how to do it until Flair showed him and now he can add it to his impressive repertoire of clothesline, double axe handle, neckbreaker, and full nelson fall down.

I'm loving this, I want this to be the official name.
Maybe with the power of Flair's teaching it can become the Full Nelson Flop.

Punk's a fat, but fats can be good. Look at King Kong Bundy. Same thing.

There's a world of difference between Bundy & Punk.

Also, this just reminded me of my favourite line of JCW commentary ever;

Diamond Donovan Douglas: "King Kong Bundy looks like a giant penis in a ripped, black condom."

c8eKHnX.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Diamond Donovan Douglas: "King Kong Bundy looks like a giant penis in a ripped, black condom."

I was being facetious :D

God damn that quote...holy fuck, they're right

XenoRaven

Speaking of Punk, does anyone know where I can find a clip of him dancing after beating Brodus Clay? My friend described it to me and I have to see it.

izakq

c8eKHnX.jpg

Holy shit at that quote. LOL!

Somebody needs to revive Bundy's "Five count". That was awesome.

Top Bottom