• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

Pavaloo

People really want Kofi to move up, huh? I like his in ring ability, but that's about the only thing I like about him. Midcard seems fitting to me, but I will admit that Big Show match was just completely worthless. He could've at least jumped at show and get caught with the punch in mid air or something.

miserable

You should become a chiropractor. I saw one yesterday, it took like 15 minutes and he just kind of crushed the pain out of my back and then I paid $100. Now today my back hurts again but I'm going back because it was totally worth it.

Don't you know you're supposed to sleep on a wooden board for at least a week?

BFIB

Finally sat down to watch RAW for the first time in a few months.

Punk really needs to separate himself from the heels before. I'm not a fan of the "coward" CM Punk heel angle. It just doesn't fit with the "Best in the World" category.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
People really want Kofi to move up, huh? I like his in ring ability, but that's about the only thing I like about him. Midcard seems fitting to me, but I will admit that Big Show match was just completely worthless. He could've at least jumped at show and get caught with the punch in mid air or something.

Kofi has been in the same spot for 4 years. Either IC or US champ.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Idea for next Kofi match: Cesaro is in the ring staring at Miz on commentary. Kofi comes down for entrance. Tries to springboard Cesaro. In the middle of staring, Cesaro raises one and backhand uppercuts Kofi while he's coming in without looking at him. Pin.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
You should become a chiropractor. I saw one yesterday, it took like 15 minutes and he just kind of crushed the pain out of my back and then I paid $100. Now today my back hurts again but I'm going back because it was totally worth it.
After all the work I just put in? No way. I'm stuck where I am.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
According to Big Dick Johnson, the anonymous GM was originally supposed to be HHH lol

Which makes a lot of sense over Hornswaggle. When Vince made the anonymus guy GM, Vince talked to the mysterious person on the phone that night. Hornswaggle couldn't talk back then.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Which makes a lot of sense over Hornswaggle. When Vince made the anonymus guy GM, Vince talked to the mysterious person on the phone that night. Hornswaggle couldn't talk back then.

The GM storyline is such bullshit. Toss that shit in the trash. More holes than my butt (which has one)

Aiii

So not worth it
punk_ladder.gif

According to Big Dick Johnson, the anonymous GM was originally supposed to be HHH lol

I'm just glad they finished that dangling thread. Not that I was dying to know (as I'm sure the identity changed every week, if it even had a set identity most of the time) but I like stupid stuff like that and Mae Young's hand child showing up again.

McNei1y

Where's my #1 contender shot! I was whooping in the GWF Rumble! Only if it's okay with SoulPlaya though... and Bootaaay... and Johnny Ace.

Backflip

I love The Rock. But CM Punk's promo was so much better. It wasn't even close. Punk's promo sounded like it came from the heart. It made a lot of sense and it showed how dumb the "basic WWE fans" are. Most of Punk's promo went over their heads and it was kinda sad in a way.

The Rock's promo was nothing more than old catchphrases, shameless pandering, and lame "Cena-style" jokes (the announcers' forced laughter didn't help matters).

I now want to see the match more than I did 24 hours ago. And now, I want CM Punk to win.

Huh? I'd watch McKayla Maroney fight, is that what this is about?
Chamber is the MMA GAF analog of SoulPlaya if Kane actually wasn't a wrestler and was just some random non-WWE personality that he was enamored with. And said non-WWE personality was a girl who was under the age of consent in many states.

Aiii

So not worth it
I for one was legit shook when he said they are so stupid to fall for the cheap pop when they mention the crowds hometown and then had the crowd pop because he said Tampa.

I think even Heyman and Punk were surprised by that one.

BFIB

I for one was legit shook when he said they are so stupid to fall for the cheap pop when they mention the crowds hometown and then had the crowd pop because he said Tampa.

I think even Heyman and Punk were surprised by that one.

That was incredible.

It was even better when a few minutes later the Rock used that effect to get a cheap pop.

MG310

Cesaro seems pretty faithful. Signatures are the Very European Uppercut from the irish whip rebound and Karelin style Gutwrench suplex from the front.

Neutralizer is the way he did it originally where he picks them up like a normal piledriver then switches the hand positions.

Oddly Sandow has the correct Russian Legsweep where he flips back to his feet but doesn't have the floatover for his neckbreaker.

tm24

Felt like doing this, so here my lucha awards of 2012

Luchador of the year: La Sombra

9foTl.jpg

This was pretty much a two way race between La Sombra and Volador Jr, who are pretty much the future of lucha libre. Both had amazing matches (including two with each other!) and are pretty much trading this title for the next 6 years as their rivalry continues to build to what should be the most amazing mask match ever. La Sombra is an amazing high flier, a great technician and just has that charisma that Misticlone wishes he actually had. There's a reason this man is getting the IWGP Intercontinental title shot against Nakamura. La Sombra just has a great year building up the feud with both Volador and El Terrible and having a great match with Averno. 2013 will start with a bang at Fantasticamania as he gets 2 title matches and will definitely come home with one title

Runner-Ups:
2nd: Volador Jr
had a great year, but hey, Sombra is up 2-0 in their feud this year
3rd: Averno
Still the best worker for any of the young guys. Makes everyone look like a star. Made Titan a star in the match at the end of the year

Rising Star of the Year: Titan

mUAzY.jpg

Ask yourself a question. What if Zack Ryder was actually good in the ring to go along with his twitter following? You would get Titan, one of the most promising young luchadors in CMLL. After being renamed and repackaged in a storyline, Titan spent most of the year working undercard tag matches before being put in the Buscando un Idolo (looking for an idol) tournament. Tourney was based on match wins and an internet vote. Despite winning only one match, the fans got behind the the man with the #porraTitan hashtag to propel him to not only the second round, but eventually winning the tourney. This would start a slow push that would lead to his first title win at the end of the year winning the Mexican National Welterweight Championship. Defended the belt in a great match against Averno. 2013 is looking up for the rookie

Runner-ups
2nd: Samuray Del Sol/Octagon Jr
Is getting a massive push. Impressed AAA audiences with his crazy dives and as a reward got booked into an easy push as Octagon's student. 2013 will be crazy for Samuray in the States and in Mexico
3rd: Rush
Is finally embracing his douchebag persona, is getting real good in the ring and things are looking up for Rush. Had a great trip over in Japan that will only further help him in 2013

Dive of the year

Winner: Fenix!
iLB3PQ8lidoVq.gif

Runner-Ups
2nd: Titan!
EKLQT.gif

3rd: Octagon Jr!
i7PjTlY2aG202.gif

Biggest lol of the year

Winner: Misticlone!

From the beginning, this was an amazing trainwreck. First they pick a guy notorious for botching, then he spends 8 weeks out due to separating his shoulder during his SSP spot, one of the only 3 spots he was, along with his ramp dive, which he also botched and nearly hurt his knee. Im counting down the days until his springboard hurricarana leads to his death
DiJQF.gif

Runner ups
2nd: Diamante Azul
For some reason gets pushed and just continues to just suck. The fact that he's a Blue Demon ripoff and is glossed over by CMLL is hilarious. Hell, his wikipedia entry will randomly call him Demonio Azul. Its great!. Did absolutely horrible in his trip to japan as part of the WTL and really brought down the greatness as rush

3rd: El Hijo Del Santo
Seriously, shut up Santo. We get it, you think you're still the most important thing in Lucha. Please stop

Best Tag Team of the year

Winner: Los Traumus
H9vBW.jpg

I made this category just to give Los Traumas an award. Theyre freaking great. They can brawl, fly and do those crazy lucha holds. I wish they would come stateside.

Match of the Year

Winner: Rey Cometa vs Puma King mascara contra Mascara

This is just non-stop. Crazy ass dives, big move after big move, all building off previous spots leading up to this match. It's an absolutely perfect for the feud and everyone involved a freaking star. Puma King is definitely gonna have a nice career ahead of him

Runner Ups
2nd: La Sombra vs Volador jr 10/16/12
The best two going at it. Of course its awesome!
3rd: Titan vs Averno

this match made Titan a freaking star. So good. Crazy dives and just great work from Averno

So there you have it, my lucha awards for 2012. Might do a PWG awards for 2012 later.

Top Bottom