• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Undertaker putting someone over
tumblr_mfxk4716vi1qhr8kmo2_500.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
tm24 you always make me want to watch more lucha. And there's nothing wrong with that.

I've been lightly following what Titan did and was up to and it's really enjoyable. This is one awesome dude.

Just finished watching GWF. Fuck Pop GAF! They need some Bill Riccio raining down on their asses. Can't wait to see the amount of regulating that gets done next week by bishoptl. It was an awesome show, thanks for doing this Sunflower.

Some of you are really take the whole "skinny fatass" and Punk's height seriously in here. You not buying into Punk saying he'll kick The Rock's ass has nothing to do with how small he is. Would you buy Brodus Clay saying it? How about Ezekiel Jackson? Hell, does anyone buy that ANY wrestler stands a chance against Cena? It's all about presentation. You don't buy Punk saying that because Punk hasn't been built like that. He calls himself a "bad man" and "the most dangerous man in the company," but he hasn't done anything worthy of those monikers. The issue is that he's seems so genuine in his promo that you want to believe him, but you look at the evidence in matches and the gimmick starts to crack. You think anyone doubted that Taz would tear people apart despite his height? Think about action stars like Bruce Lee who really aren't big at all.

Nearly anyone not named Hornswaggle can be made to look like a threat. The onus falls on creative to allow that to happen, and the wrestler to make it convincing in the ring.

Some of you are really take the whole "skinny fatass" and Punk's height seriously in here. You not buying into Punk saying he'll kick The Rock's ass has nothing to do with how small he is. Would you buy Brodus Clay saying it? How about Ezekiel Jackson? Hell, does anyone buy that ANY wrestler stands a chance against Cena? It's all about presentation. You don't buy Punk saying that because Punk hasn't been built like that. He calls himself a "bad man" and "the most dangerous man in the company," but he hasn't done anything worthy of those monikers. The issue is that he's seems so genuine in his promo that you want to believe him, but you look at the evidence in matches and the gimmick starts to crack. You think anyone doubted that Taz would tear people apart despite his height? Think about action stars like Bruce Lee who really aren't big at all.

Nearly anyone not named Hornswaggle can be made to look like a threat. The onus falls on creative to allow that to happen, and the wrestler to make it convincing in the ring.

Yeah. They just looked weird standing next to each other.

strobogo

Banned
Oh my. Russo's Revenge hasn't slowed down much. I finally felt okay enough to go out and get some gatorade, pedialyte, crackers, and applesauce. As I was out, my car started shooting out white smoke from behind and wouldn't go over 30 MPH. I was close to my uncle's and wheeled it there. He said it might be a blown gasket.

Then I get home to try to watch some WCW only to find that my hard drive that was giving me trouble finally died for real. DAMN YOU VINCE RUSSO, STOP RUINING MY LIFE.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh my. Russo's Revenge hasn't slowed down much. I finally felt okay enough to go out and get some gatorade, pedialyte, crackers, and applesauce. As I was out, my car started shooting out white smoke from behind and wouldn't go over 30 MPH. I was close to my uncle's and wheeled it there. He said it might be a blown gasket.

Then I get home to try to watch some WCW only to find that my hard drive that was giving me trouble finally died for real. DAMN YOU VINCE RUSSO, STOP RUINING MY LIFE.

WCW did this. WCW.

Thanks for the link, great match.

Glad you liked it - it's really so excellent on many levels, probably my favorite from that show - and there were some SERIOUS contenders. I loved Nagata's match on there. Worth looking up pretty much all of the matches.

Just finished watching GWF. Fuck Pop GAF! They need some Bill Riccio raining down on their asses. Can't wait to see the amount of regulating that gets done next week by bishoptl. It was an awesome show, thanks for doing this Sunflower.

Yeah...next week is the DPPV, "Colliding Worlds" and worlds should collide.

strobogo

Banned
The moves pack is pretty awesome, too. BRAAIIIINNNNBUSTAAAAHHHH, Omega driver, small package driver, other weird indy stuff.

that's bumping, not selling.

the Rock (and most modern guys, really) are horrible at selling.

lol wut?

That wasn't a bump, that's selling. Get your IWC terms straight. Rock is a phenomenal seller.

What? No, it's not - it's selling.

And if Ryback can make Punk look legitimate, Rock can.

I've also took notice of Ryback's selling. He apparently sold that triple power bomb through the table last night well into the commercial break, all the way up the ramp getting help from 4 referees. He's becoming a solid worker.

I had chills when punk was making his "box with god" speech. the words, the intensity, the perfect reactions from the rock

that's wrasslin'. someone quickly get a bottle and catch it

Undertaker is an overrated turd that belongs in the 80s and mid 90s era of over-the-top cartoon wrasslers. Terrible on the mic, dreadful character. I'd actually be rooting for Trips if they go at it next WM.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Undertaker is an overrated turd that belongs in the 80s and mid 90s era of over-the-top cartoon wrasslers. Terrible on the mic, dreadful character. I'd actually be rooting for Trips if they go at it next WM.

Hard in the paint, but I don't entirely disagree. I think his legacy has compensated for how little he belongs these days.

Omega

Banned
how come cpu ziggler can do german suplexes and I can't?

the tutorial teaches nothing. it just says grapple is X. cool... wtf do I do after a grapple? i dont want to just hug someone

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
surprised how well made Sandow and Cesaro are in 13. I might say they're the best DLC so far. The movesets are accurate. The entrances are accurate(Sandow's especially. Cesaro is black trunks) and the animation for the Swiss Death looks great.

Is anyone else having difficulty downloading Antonio Cesaro off WWE 13? It's at 99 % then chugs to 1 % in a one infinite loop until it just plainly says it can't download. I can feel the bankruptcy of THQ through this download. Or just my shit Internet. Either way I am PISSED.

lol wut?

That wasn't a bump, that's selling. Get your IWC terms straight. Rock is a phenomenal seller.

Rock spazzing out on the floor is not selling.

selling is when an opponent works, say, your leg with a kneebar and you limp and have trouble running the rest of the match, that's selling, and almost no one does this on WWE.

Rock bumps, simple as that, look at him when he gets stunnered, he flips and flops for no goddamn reason and it looks goofy as hell, he's bumping like a pinball.

Rock spazzing out on the floor is not selling.

selling is when an opponent works, say, your leg with a kneebar and you limp and have trouble running the rest of the match, that's selling, and almost no one does this on WWE.

Rock bumps, simple as that, look at him when he gets stunnered, he flips and flops for no goddamn reason and it looks goofy as hell, he's bumping like a pinball.

When they say Rock sold the stunner like no one else, I agreed. He sold it.
Scott Hall sold it like a champ.

somedevil

Backlund and Slaughter were better heels than Punk.

Even NWO. People threw diet soda at them..lol

You mean the good old days of 97 when fans called wresters anti-gay slurs that can be heard easily and wrestlers acted gay to get heat.

Punk is a great heel and Slaughter wasn't great when he was heel in the 90's. He got no heat and was there so Hogan looked good.

Kaladin

You mean the good old days of 97 when fans called wresters anti-gay slurs that can be heard easily and wrestlers acted gay to get heat.

Punk is a great heel and Slaughter wasn't great when he was heel in the 90's. He got no heat and was there so Hogan looked good.

Slaughter got heat when he became an Iraqi sympathizer.

When they say Rock sold the stunner like no one else, I agreed. He sold it.
Scott Hall sold it like a champ.

well, i guess i'm just old school. getting a jaw crushed against a shoulder shouldn't send people flying, like Scott Hall did.

i prefer a more realistic approach to selling, but i guess MMA killed that.

Top Bottom