• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

Scott Hall FLEW.

It's really a shame how Scott Hall is right now. As I've said many times in wrestling threads, he's one of my favs.

Apparently DDP is trying to work his Yoga magic with hall as well now.

Hope it works out. It seems to be working wonders for Jake Roberts but who knows if he can keep on the wagon after his time with DDP is over.

Pavaloo

I checked out Hall getting stunnered for the first time in ages recently. With the time I took off of wrestling (Left god knows when [before Eddie n Benoit incidents], got back into it this year.), I had completely forgotten how the whole nWo angle played out in WWE other than Hogan and Rock. But holy crap, I had to rewind it over and over just to watch Scott sell that stunner. Absolutely fantastic.

McNei1y

Push McNeily, damn it.

Manage me!

Finishing Raw right now (only had time for the first match yesterday)... Good match between Rhodes Scholars and Team Hell No.

Question: Do you think Vince will ever let Dbry go back to cheering Yes? I feel like he's bitter that he got over.

strobogo

Banned
The NWO DVD is almost offensive. It's the same DVD as the one from 2002, but with comments from Cody Rhodes and El Hijo De Perfecto. And the Kevin Nash parts were updated, but he doesn't say anything he didn't say on the first DVD. It's straight up shameless, which was a little shocking considering how great the WWE docs have been in the past few years.

McNei1y

The last 30 minutes of Raw was excellent. Punk is sooooo freaking good on the mic. I also like the way they're handling the Rock vs Punk match. I'm so hyped.

Oh and Ryback put on a great match with Punk.

Pavaloo

I WILL AVENGE YOU AND YOUR SKIN!

tumblr_m1xj6lGQcG1qi0mi7o1_400.gif

somedevil

Woah wait what the fuck?!
Alberto Del Rio just won the WHC from Big Show
at the Smackdown tapings?

Yep:

Alberto Del Rio defeated Big Show in a Last Man Standing match to win the World Hvt. Championship. Del Rio got a good pop. I guess Show was right. Good mix in the ring. Show quickly got a table and put Del Rio through it. Start the count. Up at 6. Bring on the chair. Del Rio got best of Show with the chair and then used a cool armbar that didn't work out to well. Del Rio went back to the offense. Show quickly recovered. Bring on another table.

Del Rio drop kick show though the table. Start the count. Show up at six. Del Rio put a sleeper hold on Show that didn't work too well either. Show chokeslammed Del Rio. Start the count. Up at nine. Show put Del Rio though the barricade. I don't know how, but Show got up at nine. Wow!!

Show performed the WMD on Del Rio, but Del Rio got up at six. Show tagged him with another WMD, but Del Rio got up at eight. Ricardo tried to help Del Rio and brought on the stairs. Show missed and went into the corner post. Show was stunned. Del Rio threw the stairs into Show twice. Show was still standing. Del Rio hit him three times with stairs. OMG moment. Show went down. Del Rio flipped the announcers' table on Show to start the count. Del Rio wins the belt.

Mark my words,
Ziggler will cash in on him at RR after the rematch. We will get Ziggles/Del Rio for WM

I'm sure this will happen, but I don't like it. I prefer
Del Rio wins the belt at RR and Ziggles cashes in immediately, making the storyline that Ziggler basically stole the belt from Del Rio and that Del Rio never got to really be champion, making him an even more sympathetic figure. What purpose is there in giving Del Rio the belt for 19 days?

Entropia

No One Remembers
SD Spoilers
What the fuck? I'm curious what this means for Big Show? On the plus side, as you guys are talking about - Del Rio is someone Dolph can cash in on.

UberTag

SD Spoilers
What the fuck? I'm curious what this means for Big Show? On the plus side, as you guys are talking about - Del Rio is someone Dolph can cash in on.
Clearly this means
Ryback now gets to feud with Show without it having to be for the title and without Ryback winning the Rumble.

This seems to telegraph towards Cena winning the Rumble so he can fight Dwayne. I'd also like to see a major title change at Elimination Chamber for the first time since 2010.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Is it a spoiler if it's on the front page of WWE.com?

nope

WWE rather put the news out there to get the hit vs some dirt sheet site.

For a while a few years ago, WWE use to post wrestling news not related to WWE like TNA stuff. Weird.

strobogo

Banned
I don't see a problem with WWE.com spoiling something on Smackdown. It's so rare when anything of note happens on Smackdown, so it makes sense to me to let people know that hey, you should actually watch the show this week. Stuff happens!

I'm more interested in why Show and ADR would be in a last man standing match out of the blue. Did they have any kind of issue before this week?

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I don't see a problem with WWE.com spoiling something on Smackdown. It's so rare when anything of note happens on Smackdown, so it makes sense to me to let people know that hey, you should actually watch the show this week. Stuff happens!

I'm more interested in why Show and ADR would be in a last man standing match out of the blue. Did they have any kind of issue before this week?

Yeah

Big Show killed Ricardo a couple of weeks ago.

Omega

Banned

Show has been shitting on Ricardo for the past few weeks and ADR finally stood up for him i think last monday or on smackdown, i forget which

Top Bottom