• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

mooooose

They put it on him because if a lot of regular people are watching smack down because of rock, they want to entice them with an exciting title change after a good match with a new face and an old heel.

Show has been shitting on Ricardo for the past few weeks and ADR finally stood up for him i think last monday or on smackdown, i forget which

Yeah, but a last man standing match is usually used and a PPV finale for a feud after a series of PPV matches, not a two or three week TV feud. Everything about this seems rushed and poorly planned. Del Rio getting-up after two WMD's is just idiotic.

Del Rio will sell merch. Show will not.

Where is there any evidence that Del Rio will sell merch?

They put it on him because if a lot of regular people are watching smack down because of rock, they want to entice them with an exciting title change after a good match with a new face and an old heel.

Perhaps they should have built-up Rock being on Smackdown throughout Raw and not wait until a single promo AFTER the show? I bet the Smackdown number will be pretty steady from normal weeks

Kaladin

Apparently Punk cut a via satellite promo for Smackdown.....

530605_10151281160304888_209080029_n.jpg

Omega

Banned
Yeah, but a last man standing match is usually used and a PPV finale for a feud after a series of PPV matches, not a two or three week TV feud. Everything about this seems rushed and poorly planned. Del Rio getting-up after two WMD's is just idiotic.

yeah well with the way WWE is written this doesn't come as a surprise. Everything is rushed.

and yes, him getting up after two is incredibly dumb. but WWE has pretty much killed any significance that finishers had. Everyone takes at least two finishers these days

what's worse is Show is probably going to win their next match with one WMD and ADR is going to be laying on the mat for 5 minutes

FyreWulff

nope

WWE rather put the news out there to get the hit vs some dirt sheet site.

For a while a few years ago, WWE use to post wrestling news not related to WWE like TNA stuff. Weird.

I believe that was Shane's doing, no? He wanted WWE.com to cover industry news, Vince said no, and they spun down all that stuff after Shane started the process of leaving.

Didn't find it on the last few pages so i'll post it here

It has been reported that the WWE has signed
El Generico
Source: PWPonderings

After hearing rumors as to why he was not able to be at DDT4, this sounds like it may be the reason why he was axed from the card. If it's true, good for him

El Generico

After hearing rumors as to why he was not able to be at DDT4, this sounds like it may be the reason why he was axed from the card. If it's true, good for him
I think I finally know who's winning the Rumble.

El Generico

I wonder if they will book him as a luchador from Tijuana, Mexico.

MG310

Only way I can see that making any sense is if he worked the arm over with the chair and armbreaker for a while.

El Generico

Why is this spoilered?

With regards to spoilers, once the event is over, everything is fine. Unless someone asks specifically to tag them (BOLA or King of Trios come to mind).

knee

Smackdown theory

Smackdown is in Miami. Miami = huge hispanic population. It doesn't surprise me that they'd give him the strap at that show

tm24

El Generico

Doesnt make sense since WWE usually lets their wrestlers finish off their dates

Also, maybe Show is injured?

strobogo

Banned
I only watch Smackdown when I have a Hulu plus trial active. I actually used it a ton when I had it, but there really wasn't anything but WWE that I couldn't watch without Plus. But I guess that's why I didn't know about Show fucking with Ricardo.

The Ricardo/ADR bromance has really been by the most enjoyable part of ADR for the past year and a half. And so weird considering they're heels, but are clearly bros till the end regardless of disposition. They could turn it into the most tasteful gay angle in wrestling history and I'd be so happy to see them get married. But I'd for real get sad if ADR turned on Ricardo.

For maximum lols, Show will regain the title at the Rumble and Dolph will cash in there

bangai-o

Banned
I only watch Smackdown when I have a Hulu plus trial active. I actually used it a ton when I had it, but there really wasn't anything but WWE that I couldn't watch without Plus. But I guess that's why I didn't know about Show fucking with Ricardo.

The Ricardo/ADR bromance has really been by the most enjoyable part of ADR for the past year and a half. And so weird considering they're heels, but are clearly bros till the end regardless of disposition. They could turn it into the most tasteful gay angle in wrestling history and I'd be so happy to see them get married. But I'd for real get sad if ADR turned on Ricardo.

For maximum lols, Show will regain the title at the Rumble and Dolph will cash in there

Del Rio did turn down the Bellas that one episode.

Anth0ny

okay im fucking confused

smackdown spoilers

was sure there was gonna be a program between ryback and show at mania for the title. ryback would murder people at elimination chamber to earn his shot, all leading up to the great spot with ryback lifting show, pinning him and winning the title

guess not. who is ryback paired with at mania now? do they give ziggler the belt? who's he with at mania? orton? del rio? sheamus?

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
okay im fucking confused

smackdown spoilers

was sure there was gonna be a program between ryback and show at mania for the title. ryback would murder people at elimination chamber to earn his shot, all leading up to the great spot with ryback lifting show, pinning him and winning the title

guess not. who is ryback paired with at mania now? do they give ziggler the belt? who's he with at mania? orton? del rio? sheamus?

Ryback will be lucky to get on the card.

Foffy

Banned
Woah, I missed RAW this week and I'm watching the highlight of Punk's promo and god damn he's so good. I just love how he takes so many jabs at the gimmicks characters take or how hard workers aren't given true glory. He's so fantastic. ;__;

I want more Tyson Kidd, too.

Striker

Cena did the same routine by tagging with the likes of Evan Bourne and Zack Ryder - nothing ever transpires.

Enjoy Khali, Santino, and Ryback.

Del Rio will be around for maybe 1 or 2 more years. Martel didn't have a long career in WWf. And McMahon likes to bring back the same characters/ gimmicks from the past
E: praying to get #27-30 in gaf rumble

SoulPlaya

more money than God
This discussion is reminding me of how Kane will retire. :(

At this point, I'm expecting Kane to work the concession stand at WM.

When he retires, it'll be on Superstars, and he'll job to Roman Reigns. Then, during his non-televised retirement speech, HHH will come out, spit in his face, pedigree him, and Kane will just walk out while HHH is celebrating in the ring. Afterwards, GGG will work as a member of the ring crew until he's 90 (and he'll set up the ring at multiple shows each day).

One day, at age 83, he'll climb onto the top rope when no one is watching, and execute a perfect top rope clothesline. He'll then stand up, dust himself off, shed a tear, and go back to work before Mr. Stephanie McMahon fires him. At age 90, he'll die after breaking his back lifting a turnbuckle stand, and the only thing that will be found on him will be a wallet full of pictures of his family. The WWE will then throw his carcass in their storage warehouse.

EDIT: And people will still be posting fan art of him that will go unnoticed by the company.

Doesnt make sense since WWE usually lets their wrestlers finish off their dates

Yeah, only reason they wouldn't let him work DDT4 was if they were bringing him in immediately, and I can't see that happening. Either way, I do hope to see Generico in WWE one day. He's the MVP of the indies and there's no one more deserving of a shot at the top.

Speaking of DDT4, apparently Steen has injured his back. He was meant to wrestle Gargano at the weekend, but had to pull out and was instead in a tag match where he was barely able to do a thing.

Also, PWS announced more matches for their Mania weekend shows - in addition to John Morrison vs Jushin Liger, they announced Necro Butcher vs New Jack. In 2013. Necro Butcher. And New Jack. In 2013. Yeah.

Jamie OD

okay im fucking confused

smackdown spoilers

Plans change.

KissVibes

Banned
okay im fucking confused

smackdown spoilers

They weren't going to have Ryback win the strap. I'm just shocked the change didn't happen at EC.

Maybe Ryback faces Lesnar? And Triple H stays outta the game for another year?

Top Bottom