• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

Striker

Is it really?

Creative had nothing for him.

Injuries are not good but it doesn't really hurt his career does it? Nobody but Punk and the internet knows who he is.
The IWC have liked Kidd for quite a while. They have been backing lots of guys in the deep undercard all the time. It's often the talent who can't wrestle a lick getting pushed or more screen time.

But I agree this isn't bad news necessarily for WWE because let's face it, they haven't done shit with him since splitting him with Natalya and DH Smith.

The IWC have liked Kidd for quite a while. They have been backing lots of guys in the deep undercard all the time. It's often the talent who can't wrestle a lick getting pushed or more screen time.

But I agree this isn't bad news necessarily for WWE because let's face it, they haven't done shit with him since splitting him with Natalya and DH Smith.

He had two of the best three feuds on NXT: Redemption

Is it really?

Creative had nothing for him.

Injuries are not good but it doesn't really hurt his career does it? Nobody but Punk and the internet knows who he is.

I think it's at least bad news. Despite creative doing nothing with him he still put on matches that were really enjoyable on the secondary shows, but who watches wrestling for the wrestling right?

Jamie OD

I just thought of something, TNA eliminated Destination X.....they could technically get out of the X-Division Champ getting a title shot clause now with that PPV gone.

It wouldn't surprise me if they already forgot that stipulation. Half the time they can't even decide if there's a weight limit or not.

RBH

NEW TNA PPV PRICING PLAN IS...
by Mike Johnson @ 5:54 PM on 1/10/2013

The newly announced TNA Friday night PPVs will be priced at $14.95.

TNA Genesis and TNA Lockdown will still be priced at $34.95.

TNA Slammiversary and all live PPVs that follow will now be priced at $39.95.

TNA Bound for Glory will be the exception to that rule, since it always had a higher price point, and will now be priced at $44.95.

The TNA Unfinished Business PPV pricing will remain the same.

Kyoufu

I think it's at least bad news. Despite creative doing nothing with him he still put on matches that were really enjoyable on the secondary shows, but who watches wrestling for the wrestling right?

I agree it's bad news because it's an injury and no athlete enjoys those but the fact that WWE has no plans for him yet means it's not as bad as the injury Wade Barret had before Mania. That one really sucked for him. :(

strobogo

Banned
$44 for a TNA PPV is ludicrous. They should be shooting for $20, $30 at the absolute most to compete with the ridiculous WWE prices. And because they have such a smaller market awareness, someone might be more likely to go ahead and get a $20 PPV with some guys they know or are interested in as opposed to a $55 WWE monthly.

Ithil

It's about time TNA quit trying to be mini WWE, anyway. The 12 PPVs in imitation of WWE/WCW were just wasteful, most of them never had anything happen at them.

FyreWulff

It's about time TNA quit trying to be mini WWE, anyway. The 12 PPVs in imitation of WWE/WCW were just wasteful, most of them never had anything happen at them.

Plus the buys are extremely low. Like, terribly extremely low. I think they would honestly have more viewers and more money from ads if they just ran them on Spike..

Ithil

Big news from the NXT tapings (no match results)

There is going to be a tournament to crown the first NXT Tag Team Champions

I think the thing were missing on the TNA PPV thing is it was probably contractual reasons that kept the price high and dictated the number of ppvs they had to do every year.

I think this is great news since they really do need to do their own thing and not try to ape WWE.

Firing Bischoff and Hogan would be another positive move.

Less ppv is a good move. I think they nights Abe better off with 3 hour special impacts .

But he one shot nature might be a good gong as well .

Also have TNA and Wwe ventured in to VID for ppv's at all. It probably spent over 100 dollars on stuff at smark mark last year

Kyoufu

Cult of Personality is a terrible theme. No excitement, no electricity.

Crowds are dead when it hits. Bring back This Fire Burns.

I loved This Fire Burns.

Granted, Cult of Personality was a nice change, but I still prefer his old theme.

Yeah, Cult of Personality is starting to wear thin. Miseria Cantare will always be my favourite though, but it wouldn't make for as impressive an entrance in the WWE.

And speaking of Punk's ROH theme, ROH had a ton of great themes back in the day, like Personal Jesus for Austin Aries, and Homicide's entrance music.

BlazinAm

$44 for a TNA PPV is ludicrous. They should be shooting for $20, $30 at the absolute most to compete with the ridiculous WWE prices. And because they have such a smaller market awareness, someone might be more likely to go ahead and get a $20 PPV with some guys they know or are interested in as opposed to a $55 WWE monthly.

Why is that Friday ppv not $5 dollars particularly if it is weekly. Like who is going to buy anything like that on a Friday night at that price.

I loved This Fire Burns.

Granted, Cult of Personality was a nice change, but I still prefer his old theme.

He needs to bring back Miseria Cantare...and not even hit the ramp until the singing starts. Maybe send Paul Heyman out with the belt held high at about the 1:00 mark.

Oh, the heat would be awesome.

Yeah, Cult of Personality is starting to wear thin. Miseria Cantare will always be my favourite though, but it wouldn't make for as impressive an entrance in the WWE.

And speaking of Punk's ROH theme, ROH had a ton of great themes back in the day, like Personal Jesus for Austin Aries, and Homicide's entrance music.

Low-Ki's theme was rad as hell too. The Liu Kang Theme, mixed into "The Realest Killaz" instrumental was BADASS.

EDIT: found it... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1j1zoHMH80

And I think Miseria Cantare could be even better with WWE's lighting and big screens...and Heyman bringing out the belt. Fans would eventually catch on to the beat like they did in ROH.

Top Bottom