• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

Me and AJ are the same age and she lived in the same city as me. City is pretty small too. Dammit.

Also, i own the Cena Sucks shirt if that counts. lol
I'm sure he's getting percentage from that.

I had the old World Life and 8-Bit John Cena ones...

Now I've just got the Yes Yes Yes, No No No, and a bunch of Eddie Guerrero shirts I use as undershirts.

Why not just get some tape and make the proper No No No shirt?

Does anyone here own a John Cena shirt?

Next year if I go to Mania with my roomies then we are planning on making a very specific bet at the Rumble. Normally we always do some kind of number lottery at the Rumble for a sum of money, but this time there are stakes for losing rather than just winning.
The person who comes in "last" in our number lotto will have to purchase the current John Cena shirt+hat+wristbands and wear them with jorts to mania.

Seems Brian Cage of PWG fame will be a contestant on Gut check tonight

Boooooooo.

Cagey

Banned
That Otunga gif. God damnit. I need more Otunga on TV and in my life. Have to go find the perfect law school thermos soon for WM29 Axxess.

Me and AJ are the same age and she lived in the same city as me. City is pretty small too. Dammit.

Also, i own the Cena Sucks shirt if that counts. lol
I'm sure he's getting percentage from that.

Union City? Union City is microscopic size-wise but it's the most densely populated area in New Jersey.

Aiii

So not worth it
The only reaction for the person who looses the bet is to shake it off like it's nothing and smirk the entire day through Wrestlemania.

Hi Heyman!

omg.gif

The only reaction for the person who looses the bet is to shake it off like it's nothing and smirk the entire day through Wrestlemania.

*Waves hand in front of face*

Have they started the rumble qualifier matches yet? Or the whole roster is guaranteed a spot?

I think that all you need to do is announce on television that you are entering the Royal Rumble and then you are entered. You may also:
  • Attack someone backstage during the Rumble and take their spot
  • Enter multiple times provided you have totally separate gimmicks
  • Show up the day of the event and enter despite not being on television for nearly a decade
  • Demand to get a certain spot in the Rumble and receive it (but you may have to fight for it if you choose #30)

...I love the Rumble

Aiii

So not worth it
You guys freaking out about AJ's bra:

http://gifsoup.com/view6/4449379/catnope-o.gif[/IG]

Her wrestling gear is more revealing than that. It's just a bra.[/QUOTE]

Oh my, guys like looking at a woman in her underwear. This is so shocking, who would have thought this?

Kaladin

I think that all you need to do is announce on television that you are entering the Royal Rumble and then you are entered. You may also:
  • Enter multiple times provided you have totally separate gimmicks
  • Show up the day of the event and enter despite not being on television for nearly a decade
  • Demand to get a certain spot in the Rumble and receive it (but you may have to fight for it if you choose #30)

...I love the Rumble

Only mid-carders who don't have a feud and need a reason to be on Raw or Smackdown have to wrestle to qualify for the Rumble.

Striker

If this was an extended program, I wouldn't be surprised if the crowd turned on The Rock.
If he went heel (which isn't likely but whatever) it would be the greatest thing to happen in many, many years. His work making fun of Cleveland/Sacramento/Toronto, Hurricane Helms, Jeff Hardy, etc. were all not very outlandish and can get by today.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I just watched the Nitro after Hulk's betrayalthon. Macho calls him Hollywood Hulk. Did Savage come up with that nickname?

UberTag

Have they started the rumble qualifier matches yet? Or the whole roster is guaranteed a spot?
Rumble qualifier matches. You're a funny guy.
They won't even do Elimination Chamber qualifier matches.
6 guys from each brand will just get arbitrarily thrown into their brand's respective title matches with 3 weeks between PPVs.

Heh, "brand". As if any of these guys have a "brand".
They'll just throw 12 warm bodies into those cells.

I think of great heels in the past 10-12 years or so, and there's two to come to mind: Hollywood Rock, and Muhammad Hassan, and quite frankly I don't think anyone else is close. Edge in the 2006-2007 time and Jericho after he turned heel on Shawn Michaels are the next set.

SES Punk was consistently the best thing on television in 2009-2010 in addition to being mega-hated in southern markets.

Rumble qualifier matches. You're a funny guy.
They won't even do Elimination Chamber qualifier matches.
6 guys from each brand will just get arbitrarily thrown into their brand's respective title matches with 3 weeks between PPVs.

Heh, "brand". As if any of these guys have a "brand".
They'll just throw 12 warm bodies into those cells.

They did pretty well about sticking to qualifiers to MITB this year, who knows if that will carry forward to the Chamber

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Just 11 years late.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6UlD1Y2aYM&feature=player_detailpage#t=392s

I think of great heels in the past 10-12 years or so, and there's two to come to mind: Hollywood Rock, and Muhammad Hassan, and quite frankly I don't think anyone else is close. Edge in the 2006-2007 time and Jericho after he turned heel on Shawn Michaels are the next set.

That sounds like a personal problem. Heeltista was better than Hollywood Rock, and Hassan was only over because of what had happened in the US at the time. Any other performer would have been just as over as a heel.
Because it makes you (specifically YOU) seem desperate for AJ.

He's got about as much of a chance with AJ as Kofi does winning a match

Kaladin

So TNA is changing things up.....

Going forward, the company will produce only four live PPVs in 2013:

Genesis in January, airing this Saturday 1/13
Lockdown on 3/10
Slammiversary on 6/9
Bound for Glory in October on 10/13
The remaining months, the company will instead produce taped PPVs that will be titled under the "TNA:One Night Only" banner, airing on the first Friday evening of the month and replaying over the remainder of the month. Those shows will remain three hours.

In a press release just issued, TNA President Dixie Carter commented, "The Pay-Per-View industry has changed so much in the last decade,” says TNA President Dixie Carter. “The traditional Pay-Per-View wrestling model needed to evolve and we believe this strategy will positively impact not only the Pay-Per-View events but the weekly television programming as well."

TNA will tape their first "One Night Only" PPV specials this Saturday. The first, airing on 2/1 will be X-Division themed. The second will feature a Joker's Wild Tag Team tournament theme and will air 3/1.

RBH

So TNA is changing things up.....

Going forward, the company will produce only four live PPVs in 2013:

Genesis in January, airing this Saturday 1/13
Lockdown on 3/10
Slammiversary on 6/9
Bound for Glory in October on 10/13
The remaining months, the company will instead produce taped PPVs that will be titled under the "TNA:One Night Only" banner, airing on the first Friday evening of the month before and replaying over the remainder of the. Those shows will remain three hours.

In a press release just issued, TNA President Dixie Carter commented, "The Pay-Per-View industry has changed so much in the last decade,” says TNA President Dixie Carter. “The traditional Pay-Per-View wrestling model needed to evolve and we believe this strategy will positively impact not only the Pay-Per-View events but the weekly television programming as well."

TNA will tape their first "One Night Only" PPV specials this Saturday. The first, airing on 2/1 will be X-Division themed. The second will feature a Joker's Wild Tag Team tournament theme and will air 3/1.
I think this is a terrific idea for them.

somedevil

Elimination Chamber seems easy already to do:

Raw: Rock, Cena, Punk, Ryback plut two others
Smackdown: Del Rio, Big Show, Ziggler, Orton, Sheamus plus 1 other.

They don't really need qualifying matches because it basically writes itself.

edit: For TNA its a good idea but it would have been better if those other pay per views were live 3 hour specials on thursday.

Striker

SES Punk was consistently the best thing on television in 2009-2010 in addition to being mega-hated in southern markets.
That time overall really was good. But it didn't last long at all. Took them until the Fall to have Undertaker return and book everything into a mess. SES Punk wasn't alone although him going heel finally helped. Jeff, Jericho, Edge, and a writing team that actually was using the talent on the show itself was equally as well done, I thought.

The TNA PPV thing is great. Only if Vince would adopt the same idea instead of dulling everything out and having no build up in stories.

That sounds like a personal problem. Heeltista was better than Hollywood Rock, and Hassan was only over because of what had happened in the US at the time. Any other performer would have been just as over as a heel.
As for Heeltista, sure for a month. No longevity at all. He turned on Rey, was quiet about it, and did his little stint with Cena. After Mania it was done. Nothing to look forward to after that human waste.

As for Hassan, can't agree. He worked the mic extremely well and was into that character. You can't throw anybody on that angle and had expected the same result.

strobogo

Banned
Agreed, less PPV's is good. Shame they still have taped PPV's though, would've been fine with 4-6 live PPV's and the rest of the title matches on Impact.

Yeah, they should for sure be doing the WCW model of 4-6 PPVs and a COTC every other month or something. The taped PPV thing seems pointless and counter productive to both the storylines and the whole idea of only doing 4 a year. TV ratings are and have always been more important for TNA than PPV buys, so they should focus on having big TV shows every other month.

Kaladin

Judging from the currently planned One Night Only specials, the taped PPVs are probably going to be non-cannon events which resolve themselves in one night, like the X-Division showcase or the Joker's Wild Tag Team Tournament.

I like this move because TNA tends to focus on long term feuds and this makes those important PPV matches bigger.

Kyoufu

I highly doubt The Wok will be at Elimination Chamber. I don't know if he'll even win the title at Woyal Wumble.

Whats with the Ws?

Ithil

Aww FUCK

WWE star Tyson Kidd (TJ Wilson), who was dubbed a "workhorse" by CM Punk on his promo this past Monday, will be out of action 10-12 months.
We're still working on details of exactly when this happened but Kidd suffered a fractured knee and a torn ACL over the holiday house show loop.

Kidd's team with Justin Gabriel had regularly been one of the best parts of WWE's secondary TV programming like Superstars, so this is a real blow to those shows.

Kaladin

I just thought of something, TNA eliminated Destination X.....they could technically get out of the X-Division Champ getting a title shot clause now with that PPV gone.

Top Bottom