• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January WrassleGAF |OT| Rocky Road to Wrestle Kingdom Starts Now

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'd say Heroes of World Class is worth watching too if you can find it.

Yeah, if you enjoy any of the WCCW talk make sure you watch both.

Gary Hart's work in WCCW made him my favorite manager - beyond the inestimable Bobby "The Brain" Heenan.

Gary Hart was amazing, there needs to be more managers, there needs to be more Gary Harts. I like in the documentary when he describes the von erics as having gigantic balls.

Watching the WWE doc Triple H just showed up!

Also it's bugged me for a while now, Michael Hayes' beard looks like its slipping down his face.
HPIM0399.JPG

This bothers me too man. Grow a proper goatee!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Having a fake cousin Von Erich was such a bad idea. I can imagine it being such a slap to the face of the fans at the time.

Yeah that was probably the worst thing from there, I mean besides the deaths of course. But from a business perspective that's really a slap in the fans' faces who were basically Von Erich fans.

One of the people I came to REALLY appreciate was just how goddamn awesome Jimmy Garvin was down there. Before I had seen any WCCW footage of him the only Jimmy Garvin I knew much about was the Freebirds Jimmy in WCW. His thing in early WCCW was fucking amazing, and he was amazing on video. Seriously, he is an unsung hero.

Ouch, I just dislocated my thumb (popped right back in place luckily). So much pain.

I used to have that shit happen all the time when I played football (handegg for euros) - it sucks.

Good NXT show this week.
You get the Wyatt Family in a tag match, Paige vs a dancing diva from Australia, and Rollins vs Big E for the NXT championship.

izakq

Yeah that was probably the worst thing from there, I mean besides the deaths of course. But from a business perspective that's really a slap in the fans' faces who were basically Von Erich fans.

One of the people I came to REALLY appreciate was just how goddamn awesome Jimmy Garvin was down there. Before I had seen any WCCW footage of him the only Jimmy Garvin I knew much about was the Freebirds Jimmy in WCW. His thing in early WCCW was fucking amazing, and he was amazing on video. Seriously, he is an unsung hero.

I used to have that shit happen all the time when I played football (handegg for euros) - it sucks.

Oooh, WCCW talk. I'm in.

Jimmy Garvin's fued with Chris Adams was fantastic. When the valets Sunshine and Precious got involved, it just made the fued even more fun to watch. Great stuff there.

As far as Gary Hart is concerned, he was great as a manager and one that you love to hate, and not just somebody there on the outside of the ring. I forgot what match it was and who was involved, but it was at the David Von Erich Memorial card where I think the Von Erich's won and they got to shave Hart's head. After that, the guy looked even more evil, like Ming from Flash Gordon.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oooh, WCCW talk. I'm in.

Jimmy Garvin's fued with Chris Adams was fantastic. When the valets Sunshine and Precious got involved, it just made the fued even more fun to watch. Great stuff there.

As far as Gary Hart is concerned, he was great as a manager and one that you love to hate, and not just somebody there on the outside of the ring. I forgot what match it was and who was involved, but it was at the David Von Erich Memorial card where I think the Von Erich's won and they got to shave Hart's head. After that, the guy looked even more evil, like Ming from Flash Gordon.

Hell yeah. Gary Hart without hair is the perfect look for him. I think that's part of the reason why I gravitated towards Jazzy Lahoria's work in Ring Ka King, he looks like the Indian version of Gary Hart:

1NyEk.jpg

When Garvin vs Adams was the hot feud, Sunshine and Precious were amazing. Both of them played off of Garvin SO well, and it was so surprising to me that him and Sunshine did so great together considering his wife was Precious! I felt like there was more chemistry between Sunshine and Garvin than Precious.

g4U8d.png

Mr. Sam

Does anyone here own a John Cena shirt?

Yes, the Rise Above Hate one. They were selling it in Primark for £6. I needed toilet paper, so I thought, "Hey, I'll buy some toilet paper and also this t-shirt for that wrestler I really like." What a day that was.

McNei1y

Yes, the Rise Above Hate one. They were selling it in Primark for £6. I needed toilet paper, so I thought, "Hey, I'll buy some toilet paper and also this t-shirt for that wrestler I really like." What a day that was.

Oh I thought you were going to say that you bought the shirt as toilet paper. I can't see you. What a great price though.

BFIB

Didn't realize the CM Punk documentary was up on Netflix.

Getting ready to watch it now. Hyped! Hope they have good stuff from his ROH run.

Kaladin

Johnny Gargano will defend his Open The Freedom Gate Championship against Jon Davis in a feud ending No Rope match on January 26th. It's going to be awesome.

Top Bottom