• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

That's actually the issue, they're entirely different architechtures so you have to brute force it. Only reason MS can do it is because they own virtualisation software built to do this type of thing and can emulate PowerPC because of the leap the XB1 took.

It's unlikely that you could emulate the Power7 chip on a down-clocked X1 ARM.

Oh, you were talking about the original. I thought you weren't talking about a specific year because I swear that belt thing lasted a few years too.

Still the greatest cutscene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rG0p4Qj8Z-c

yeah that dood is annoying as fuck

deli2000

C1_O8CaXAAAXszg.jpg:large

2017 in wrestling is already getting off to a weird start.

Oh, you were talking about the original. I thought you weren't talking about a specific year because I swear that belt thing lasted a few years too.

Still the greatest cutscene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rG0p4Qj8Z-c
I never actually played this story path myself, damn that's certainly something.

My heart will always belong to Teddy Long getting run over and Kevin Nash outta nowhere in Trips Locker room for the greatest scenes in WWE games.

Nah, it was unless you cheesed it. Always wondered why people wanted it back, it was such a low-effort mode.
My cousin loved it, I remember it taking forever to do this and do that. You're better off just going to exhibition and creating your own little 'fed' type thing.

I never actually played this story path myself, damn that's certainly something.

My heart will always belong to Teddy Long getting run over and Kevin Nash outta nowhere in Trips Locker room for the greatest scenes in WWE games.
SvR 2006 is iconic for that storyline. IIRC you could even make the character you played be revealed to have been the one who run him over.

My cousin loved it, I remember it taking forever to do this and do that. You're better off just going to exhibition and creating your own little 'fed' type thing.

Admittedly I never liked it beyond 2006, you had to actually purchase storylines with specific requirements like "2 superstars with X amount of charisma and 1 diva, running for 6 weeks" and fit everything in those specific boxes the game gave you.
I get they were trying to add more depth but it was never anything deep in the first place and it just ended up making things more of a hassle.
Especially because I recall not being able to even view the storyline template requirements after buying them so good luck remembering everything.

Then 2008 came out and that game was the absolute drizzling shits in all respects.

FyreWulff

HurrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrr

I'm sure a low budget 2.5D Metroid would make its budget back.

Remember how people keep asking for F-Zero back?

The last F-Zero sold 1500 copies.

Duck Dynasty: The Game sold more.

And every time nintendo tries to expand the market, SM marks keep fucking being toxic about getting more people interested in Metroid.

Admittedly I never liked it beyond 2006, you had to actually purchase storylines with specific requirements like "2 superstars with X amount of charisma and 1 diva, running for 6 weeks" and fit everything in those specific boxes the game gave you.
I get they were trying to add more depth but it was never anything deep in the first place and it just ended up making things more of a hassle.
Especially because I recall not being able to even view the storyline template requirements after buying them so good luck remembering everything.

Then 2008 came out and that game was the absolute drizzling shits in all respects.
Yep, I don't remember shit. But I can confirm that 2008 was fucking horse manure and it is so bad because 06 was awesome, 07 was cool, and then it was a complete bug fest.

Hasney

And every time nintendo tries to expand the market, SM marks keep fucking being toxic about getting more people interested in Metroid.

Well they have to be good games, the GBA F-Zero games were shit. GX: In Japan, F-Zero GX sold 100,981 units[80] and became qualified for the Player's Choice line in both Europe[81] and North America[82] by selling at least 250,000 copies.[83]

That's enough for a small budget game. Just remake GX with new tracks.

GP Legend or Climax that wasn't even released overseas

Receipts fam

(The franchise is niche as hell but you could make a budget game out of it fairly easily)

What was the last wrasslin game you marks bought? I think mine was SvR 2010. Didn't play it much.
I got SvR 2009 for Christmas in 2008....otherwise Fire Pro Wrasslin Returns prolly

I played 2k17 at a friend's house and that game is far worse than I expected. Glad I didn't pay for that shit. Clunky fucking garbage

ReiGun

What was the last wrasslin game you marks bought? I think mine was SvR 2010. Didn't play it much.

I got No Mercy for Christmas one year. Since then....nothing, though I've borrowed or been gifted them from friends. Last one I got was SvR 2006

I tried to play my nephew's copy of 2k15 and just couldn't do it. Sim controls feel awful.

WWE 13 was the last one I owned, picked it up on the cheap for that Attitude Era nostalgia rush.
I picked the games up yearly from Smackdown 3/Just Bring it up until 2011 where I could stomach no more.
They should throw the latest one up on PS plus during the year, MS got last years as games with gold after all right?

I hunger for a good wrestling game, aren't there ever any japanese devs whipping up a sweet NJPW game? seems like something that should be happening based on my random logic of "well it's more popular worldwide these days right"

imBask

Banned
can we expect the "buying WWE 2k17 doesn't mean you're encouraging them to make bad games" narrative in here the same way buying the network apparently doesn't affect RAW and Smackdown?

FyreWulff

GP Legend or Climax that wasn't even released overseas

Receipts fam

(The franchise is niche as hell but you could make a budget game out of it fairly easily)

You should never sell less than 5 digits on a platform with the sales of the GBA and was compatible with the DS which had even more sales than the GBA just from people going "huh what's this imma try it"

F Zero found a way

into the "written off losses" column of their tax returns

Caderfix

Mine was TNA iMPACT. I was already tired to the WWE games and I was into TNA back then. After that I rented 2009 and then got a used copy of 2K15 as I though "Hey, those 2K fellas are quite good in their craft", but to my surprise it was still not worth it. Sold it again as soon as I was done with career mode (which was a huge let down), however, since it was their first shot towards a new direction, I thought the next one could be something great, so I rented it and now I'm out. I'm not even curious anymore.

Cole looks thrilled.
C1_O8CaXAAAXszg.jpg:large

Belt looks pretty good though.

As for the Switch, I'm going to stick to "cautiously optimistic". They've done everything right so far, but it's Nintendo after all.

I'm a bit out of the loop on my Blue Peter, please tell me that it's not a proper Blue Peter badge that Cole's wearing?

Also, why would you send Cole out to do this? Wouldn't it have made sense to send Finn there instead or an other wrestler?

The fuck man?

The third party point regarding Switch, isn't that really only an issue for your standard Gaffer if...
a) you're actually Nintendo and thus BUSINESS
b) you are one of those increasingly rare single console only peeps
Sometimes I feel like a vast majority of the internet actually hold shares in console manufacturers sales performance and I don't. I just want my good Nintendo games friends.

As for Blue Peter, maybe Cole is more marketable in Blighty than today's unknown wrasslers, Cole got that attitude era heritage, meanwhile what the frick is a Finn Balor?

Top Bottom