• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

Adree

Well yeah don't be a mark and don't buy games Day 1 on PS4, Xbone,and PC they always drop in price in a week or so. Nintendo games usually don't drop in price unless they sell and are bad like Star Fox that thing was $20 in weeks.

Buying a console/handheld that late into the cycle I would have thought I'd been able to pick up a ton of stuff for cheap but Nintendo's Greatest Hits line-up was anemic and they had some of the crummiest sales I'd ever seen.

(Console games I do tend to buy week of release with Best Buy GCU discount, then trade them in quickly or during 50% trade-in credit weeks so I usually only lose 5-10 bucks as long as the game isn't so terrible the price falls out in the first month.)

Adree

The only games that I never ever buy on release no matter what anymore are Telltale ones since you can always get the full season at the end of the year for like $5 on any platform.

Mario Kart 8 with proper Battle mode! Its on the list.

Buying a console/handheld that late into the cycle I would have thought I'd been able to pick up a ton of stuff for cheap but Nintendo's Greatest Hits line-up was anemic and they had some of the crummiest sales I'd ever seen.

(Console games I do tend to buy week of release with Best Buy GCU discount, then trade them in quickly or during 50% trade-in credit weeks so I usually only lose 5-10 bucks as long as the game isn't so terrible the price falls out in the first month.)

Your best bet is Target or Best Buy having random sales on Nintendo games. I got Xenoblade X, Bayonetta 2, Hyrule Warriors, and Pokemon X for $15 each in a Target sale.

Pikma

Banned
I like how you have to use your mobile for voice chat .
Yes, and in case people want proof

willdo.png

Time admit Nintendo barely has software anymore, people thought the reason the Wii had no games for like the last 2 years of it's life was them ramping up for the next console and we got nothing.

Then the entirety of the Wii U's existence of having nothing led people to believe shit was coming for the Switch yet here we are.

Pikma

Banned
Time admit Nintendo barely has software anymore, people thought the reason the Wii had no games for like the last 2 years of it's life was them ramping up for the next console and we got nothing.

Then the entirety of the Wii U's existence of having nothing led people to believe shit was coming for the Switch yet here we are.
Yup, agreed

KissVibes

Banned
Remember when people thought Idol Stevens was cool? Remember when articles were put out that made it seem like some huge loss on WWEs part that he was released? 2016 was terrible.

Look at his gross flesh-tone trunks and Chris Hero gut. Obviously done to distract from his lack of ring talent.

Remember when people thought Idol Stevens was cool? Remember when articles were put out that made it seem like some huge loss on WWEs part that he was released? 2016 was terrible.

Look at his gross flesh-tone trunks and Chris Hero gut. Obviously done to distract from his lack of ring talent.

No, if Damien Sandow would've beat John Cena, it would've been the beginning of a new boom period!

Menome

Wakes up.

Reads this thread.

You know, maybe I'll hold off on the Switch for a bit. At least until Smash Bros. comes out.

The only MP game not on PC that I want to talk to people in is MH so Ive been accustomed to Discord and Skype for that anyways.

But I wont pay for online so Ill just go to my mates place and play locally. Assuming it gets a proper MH.

Really shitty for people who care about that stuff though.

Pikma

Banned
If you guys are disgusted with those Guy gifs I can always spam some Mojo Rawley gifs I've been wanting to post so we move to the next page faster :D

Raw64life

Paid online services is quite shit. At least it'll be free to begin with.

thieved from Boots' twitter

C2DZPgRUAAA3hxc.jpg:large

All big NJPW events have English comms going forward.

Kenny Omega front and center on that poster. Also, he's making a really dumb face that a main eventer should never make.

Small hope for a different commentating team but it's likely still gonna be Kevin Kelly

klonere

Banned
Kenny Omega front and center on that poster. Also, he's making a really dumb face that a main eventer should never make.

Small hope for a different commentating team but it's likely still gonna be Kevin Kelly

John Cena has been making weird hand movements and wearing kids t-shirts and jorts in promotional material for over a decade now.

And yes, it's probably going to be Kevin Kelly + ???. Hopefully the ??? will be good, I know a lot of people want English commentary. Personally doesn't affect me.

Top Bottom