• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

Screen+Shot+2013-03-30+at+10.10.32+AM.png

Lothar

Banned
If the people I'm playing Mario Kart and Smash Bros. with aren't in the same room as me, I'm playing them wrong.

Multiplayer that isn't local shouldn't even exist. I'm serious. It's so much of a lesser experience and teaches people to be alone in their rooms.

Sephzilla

And of course Nintendo puts the Switch up on Amazon in the middle of the night which is going to heavily favor scalpers. lmao. Jesus, I wanted to be excited for the Switch but Nintendo killed all of my hype.

-- "Here, pay for online even though we haven't shown any sign of competency with online yet"
-- "Look, Switch can do all of the waggle shit you were sick of 5 years ago"
-- "2-6 hour battery life. In other words any game that uses the system to its max will have shit battery life"
-- "Look at Mario doing his best Sonic 06 impression. Excited? Yeah well fuck you, it's almost a year away yet"
-- "Look everyone, Skyrim! Because it's 2011 again"
-- "It's going to be $300 dollars. Because releasing an underpowered system with Wii-U graphics for the same price as the motherfucking PS4 is smart. Please understand"
-- "Lets talk about ice cubes instead of launch titles"

Hasney

And of course Nintendo puts the Switch up on Amazon in the middle of the night which is going to heavily favor scalpers. lmao. Jesus, I wanted to be excited for the Switch but Nintendo killed all of my hype.

You realise that's Amazons decision, right? They don't give a fuck as long as they get paid.

Owns what? A pacemaker because of his stress levels over stupid things?

I'd be happy with translations on the New Japan hype videos and that's it. Best way to watch matches is still with super excited Japanese commentary and pervie Liger when necessary.

Aiii

So not worth it
Holy fuck. Extra JoyCons are $80 and Pro controllers are $70? Nintendo is straight up fucking nuts.

I honestly doubt they're making more on these bottom line than on Wii U Pro controllers.

That haptic feedback, IR and gyroscope shit is probably what bumps the price more than Nintendo being nuts.

Besides, unless the joycons break, there's probably not going to be much reason to get another set.

Sephzilla

I do think that price is going to hurt the system though. The PS4 Slim and the Xbox One could both end up being cheaper than the Switch come the 2017 holiday season.

idgaf i'm still super hype

I hear you whispering surrounded in silence
Blue vibration
I hear the waves singing in the distance
Pure isolation
I smile into the distance faraway from you
We're in resolution
I'm Dreaming, touching, breathing side by side, yeh
Dive into the sky

Let's get away, fly away 
I found the path to paradise
Shining spiral of gold
Take my hand, find our way out

Heavenly stars above
Just believe what's in your heart
No border between us
I can always feel you inside

Where ever we are

Luschient

Jesus, I wanted to be excited for the Switch but Nintendo killed all of my hype.

-- "Here, pay for online even though we haven't shown any sign of competency with online yet"
-- "Look, Switch can do all of the waggle shit you were sick of 5 years ago"
-- "2-6 hour battery life. In other words any game that uses the system to its max will have shit battery life"
-- "Look at Mario doing his best Sonic 06 impression. Excited? Yeah well fuck you, it's almost a year away yet"
-- "Look everyone, Skyrim! Because it's 2011 again"
-- "It's going to be $300 dollars. Because releasing an underpowered system with Wii-U graphics for the same price as the motherfucking PS4 is smart. Please understand"
-- "Lets talk about ice cubes instead of launch titles"
fucking lol, I knew I'd wake up to Nintendo fuckery.

"Hmmm, people want a traditional console that they can play all the Nintendo franchise games on and have it be at least somewhat as powerful as the other 2 existing consoles? Well, fuck that...have some $80 joy-cons assholes"

Aiii

So not worth it
I do think that price is going to hurt the system though. The PS4 Slim and the Xbox One could both end up being cheaper than the Switch come the 2017 holiday season.

Hard to say. I think the handheld aspect is going to be a huge deciding factor for anyone with kids under 10. No more fighting with your kids when it's time to go, they can just take the game with them on the backseat. That's gonna be a huge selling point, along with Mario Kart 8 and Mario Odyssey being out by then.

Besides, the PS4 Slim is a "lesser console" to the PS4 Pro and that perception (even though it's more powerful than the Switch will be) doesn't help it as far as price goes ("So if I want the proper PS4, it's 100 more than the Switch?") and I'm not sure about the Xbox One, it's not a factor over here, but maybe US pride will save it despite a new Xbox on the horizon?

I actually think the Switch will do really well due to the convertible gimmick.

Somewhere in Suda's poorly translated, rambling, half-assed idea about maybe something called No More Heroes 3 being inspired by all types of shit I'm pretty sure he mentioned strong style and pro wrestling.

Cosmozone

Glad to have motion controls (gamers not accepting it will kill support, alas) and especially split controller back. That was the best thing about the Wii. I could do without the mobile mode switch, though and trade it for a power boost.

Pikma

Banned
The only thing that could have saved last night's conference was the Miz coming out to hand Kimishima a Participation Award

My brother just told me pre-ordering the Switch comes to $470 AUD total.

There are a number of games that look like a lot of fun but fuck paying nearly $500. I even bought the Wii U at launch. Ill wait a couple of years till the new SMT and buy it when it is cheaper.

Sephzilla

If you want to have an actual d-pad with your Nintendo Switch you'll be paying $370 + tax. You're in PS4 Pro territory at that point

Top Bottom