• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

Sephzilla

Who's responsible for the booking over at Nintendo?

1091%20-%20autoplay_gif%20confetti%20gif%20monday_nitro%20vince_russo%20wcw.gif

Gimmick matches systems

I felt so good after the initial Switch reveal. Like it seemed really great.

I am really disappointed but I knew there would be some way they'd fuck up the momentum they had. I really cant get it at launch.

I hope I dont pre order it next time I am drunk.

Raw64life

NICE! Corino/Kelly ain't too great but for me who's new to Japanese wrestling in general, it helps.

I can't wait for Suzuki to destroy Okada. Am I a bad person for this?

He should win. Him losing would immediately make Suzuki-gun look like plebs (which to be fair, they all are except for Suzuki himself). Plus he's 47 and doesn't have much time left. It's now or never. Give him the Japanese wrestling grand slam.

Shit was DOA from the moment $299 popped up on the screen

why nintendo nintendon't want me man :'[

I feel bad for anyone who genuinely thought $250 was gonna happen. It was never a possibility. The accessory prices, the online fuckery, the launch lineup if you're not interested in Zelda, the pathetic amount of storage space, the lack of VC info, etc. are among the many disappointing things about the conference. The price isn't one of them.

Sephzilla

Almost everything about that Switch presentation is exactly why I think Nintendo needs a massive overhaul. The people making the key decisions are fucking clueless on how to sell a system. They ride purely off of the Nintendo reputation at this point.

PROGRESS' Birmingham debut is on Sunday, and you can tell it's a show hampered by their top heel faction, who also hold their World and Tag titles) being on the WWE show that day.

That said, I'm personally looking forward to it. A lot of people I like on the show.

lJW47dI.gif

Sephzilla

How can you not be interested in Zelda though? How? How? How?

Because I haven't been excited for a Zelda game since the build up to Twilight Princess. And everything about the new Zelda game looks like stuff that would have been cool in 2011 before a ton of other games did the same shit first. So this Zelda just looks like the franchise trying to play catch up. Now don't get me wrong, I'm happy the franchise is trying to play catch up and inject some new life into things because Zelda desperately fucking needs it, but what I've seen for the new game doesn't really make me go "wow, I need a Switch for this". Zelda lost its drawing power

Anth0ny

Outselling 3DS + Wii U is completely out of the fucking window now, which means they'll be down in hardware sales from last gen.

I'm expecting barely above Wii U sales just thanks to mainline Pokemon being on there. Around Gamecube sales. NOT GOOD.

How can you not be interested in Zelda though? How? How? How?

it's on wii u doe

Pikma

Banned
I'm interested in it

But if the system isn't on sale by Black Friday, I'll be getting it this year on a Wii U

Never thought I'd be getting a Wii U before a Switch but welp
I just hope it's not that much of an inferior version, I don't care about resolution stuff but the bad framerate and the texture pop ups from the WiiU version footage we've seen was really noticeable and kind of annoying, not deal breaker but still

klonere

Banned
Wait Ibushi is scared to wrestle Kenny? Does Ibushi just forget that he dives off balconies and falls off bikes and shit on a monthly basis?

Or is he scared of the vengeful wrath of a spurned ex lover

Honestly I am actually shocked at all those games coming out this year

Like yeah 5 at launch is bad, but I didn't think half that shit would even be available this year

Zach

I don't like to jump the gun and fly off the handle like my worse half Data West, but this Switch business looks like the biggest failure. Lord Jesus.

Could be wrong. And I'm sure we'll get one down the road regardless (Mariooo), but for realz.

Sephzilla

*Shrug* I really dont want to come off "anti-Nintendo" or anything and I did want to be excited for the system... but man, the more I step back the more I think the system is going to get fucking smoked by its competition. It's priced on par with current PS4 Slim and Xbox One prices, two systems that are only going to go down in price from this point on meaning they'll be cheaper than the Switch by the holiday season (meanwhile, Nintendo historically is very against price drops). The launch window looks fucking barren for games. And there are so many other little things that are legitimate gripes with the system. Plus, from a casual perspective, what about the Switch is going to pull someone away from just playing games on their iPad or Android Tablet?

There will be an initial decent surge of day one sales and surges when Mario and Pokemon happen, but, man... those inbetween times could be fucking desperate.

miserable

I think someone is sabotaging Nintendo from the inside. Could be more than one person. They just want to kill Nintendo so they can finally make games on a non-shitty, non-gimmicky hardware.

*Shrug* I really dont want to come off "anti-Nintendo" or anything and I did want to be excited for the system... but man, the more I step back the more I think the system is going to get fucking smoked by its competition. It's priced on par with current PS4 Slim and Xbox One prices, two systems that are only going to go down in price from this point on meaning they'll be cheaper than the Switch by the holiday season (meanwhile, Nintendo historically is very against price drops). The launch window looks fucking barren for games. And there are so many other little things that are legitimate gripes with the system. Plus, from a casual perspective, what about the Switch is going to pull someone away from just playing games on their iPad or Android Tablet?

There will be an initial decent surge of day one sales and surges when Mario and Pokemon happen, but, man... those inbetween times could be fucking desperate.
also sub par online stuff

Anth0ny

both were already $249 with a game this holiday. that will probably be their regular price at some point this year. I wouldn't be surprised if regular xbone dropped to $199 this holiday.

switch feels like a total ripoff in comparison. doesn't help that it's $399 in Canada, and Zelda is $79.99. fuck this shit.

Cosmozone

Xenoblade 2 won't be earlier than holiday 2018 IMO. I really should start playing the original at some point. But I don't have enough time.

Zach

I love video gamez and want to buy and play them all, but the whole thing has been head-scratcher after head-scratcher.

Top Bottom