• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

Man God

Non-Canon Member
King was actually getting pretty good right before the brand split happened on Smackdown. He was heeling it up and seemed interested in the product for the first time in a decade.

I agree, like when WM 31 had the greatest WM main event ever, before Rollins screwed it up.

Owens/Jericho ain't ending Wrestlemania unless the plane carrying Goldberg, Cena, Undertaker, Reigns, Lesnar, Vince McMahon, Stephanie McMahon, Braun Strowman, and AJ Styles crashes.

Reigns vs Lesnar was the greatest Mania main event ever?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
And it'll be called Pokken Tournament 2

In fact the biggest thing missing from the Switch press conference was a bunch of obvious ports of Wii U games. Instead it was a bunch of odd sequels including some obscure ones like a probable NMH3, a new yet different BD:FF sequel, and Xenoblade Chronicles (Not X) 2. Not to mention an actual Splatoon sequel.

Mario Kart 8 getting another shot at the dance was the only one Nintendo laid out. I would have honestly been fine with another shot at XBX, Splatoon, SSB4, Tokyo Mirage Sessions but they didn't go that way.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
LETS GO JESUS!

JESUS SUCKS!

have we reched peak wrestling chants?

Reigns vs Lesnar was an awesome match. Rollins' cash in added to it.

The entire back half of the match was gripping for such odd reasons, you know when Reigns starts actually making the fight back, me and my friend were watching live and losing our shit at the idea that Reigns was actually gonna go over.
That alone made every move engrossing and then when Rollins cashed in it was hype as fuck.

WM31 was damn solid.

Caderfix

Lesnar vs Reigns was boring, then got better when Rollins showed up and then became boring again.

I really don't understand the praise it gets.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Oh. That's too bad.

it was ok-ish, with a couple of good, almost great matches at the end. Its only 2 hours anyway. Tomorow should be better with the quarter finals and looking at who went through, plus its 7 matches so there should be a bit more breathing room.

Last two matches were excellent. Pete Dunne, Wolfgang, and Trent Seven looked good in their matches too. I liked the second match, but other people were complaining about it.

pretty much this.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Has anyone had issues watching anything on the WWE Network using Chrome? It will not load Flash for me. I looked up this issue and none of the suggested solutions work for me.

I used it a month or two ago and it worked.

Rhaknar

why are Asuka, Joe and Nakamura still in NXT?

ngower

Going to NXT in Nashville tonight and looked at the cards from the past couple of shows. Apparently Tye isn't here? Call-up imminent?

Last two matches were excellent. Pete Dunne, Wolfgang, and Trent Seven looked good in their matches too. I liked the second match, but other people were complaining about it.
Spot on brother. Everyone expects so much and gets themselves disappointed. Gotta learn how this shit works. Face value.

i really liked the reigns vs lesnar especially the way lesnar was selling the superman punches near the end thought they were gonna let reigns win it when lesnar was all busted open.

somedevil

John Pollock with an idea for the make over segment with Carmella and Ellsworth:

What if Carmella does a makeover segment with James Ellsworth and he comes out of the Steve Urkel machine as Mark Andrews?

Zach

it was ok-ish, with a couple of good, almost great matches at the end. Its only 2 hours anyway. Tomorow should be better with the quarter finals and looking at who went through, plus its 7 matches so there should be a bit more breathing room.

pretty much this.

Oooh. Well maybe I'll check it out.

And it looks like Menome and NeoGAF Vince McMahon enjoyed it, too, so huzzah, etc. etc.

Menome

I liked the first night of the UK Championship. Only match I wasn't hot for was actually the Pete Dunne one, but hopefully with some better opponents tomorrow he'll shine through. The final staredown between him and Regal helped add character for him too.

Seems like Dunne did some more attacking after the cameras were off. Lovely.

Good stuff. Wonder if they'll have his opponent unable to wrestle tomorrow to give Dunne more heel heat, then have him advance to the finals relatively easily then have someone like Bate have that underdog fighting a fresh man story to overcome in the finals.

Makes for a good story.

Top Bottom