• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

Mahonay

Banned
Tye Dillinger has tremendous ring presence in NXT. Dude has fire, love him. And the 10 chant is insanely over, even if Data thinks it's just some meme. Like Bryan with the Yes chant, Tye knows the perfect way to use 10 to get the crowd behind everything he's doing. It's some damn fine sports entertaining.
he looks goofy with his babyface and mustache

bad look
Strongly disagree, guy looks great.

Foggy

Dillinger was practically anonymous until his diet Daniel Bryan gimmick got him over. He's not bad but there's nothing special there.

The last couple NXT Takeovers and specials have been bitterly disappointing outside of DIY/Revival.

Dillinger was practically anonymous until his diet Daniel Bryan gimmick got him over. He's not bad but there's nothing special there.

The last couple NXT Takeovers and specials have been bitterly disappointing outside of DIY/Revival.

I've found both of Joe's major feuds to be very meh and I can't really pinpoint why.

RBH

Tye Dillinger is so much better as a heel.

When I went to NXT in Atlanta last summer, he was the highlight of the night due to his interactions with the crowd. Had a great match with a relative jobber that night too.

Mahonay

Banned
I've found both of Joe's major feuds to be very meh and I can't really pinpoint why.
His promos have been absolutely awesome, but the matches have been either just "good" or "meh". Something is not quite translating in the ring for me. I'm confident in Joe's skills though, might have been saving his body a bit for the main roster.

Kaladin

Tye Dillinger gets the connection with the crowd like many don't. The 10 gimmick is the perfect and simple vehicle for that.

Lol at diet Daniel Bryan gimmick.

I hate this about YouTube. Sometimes I'll look up a video on something just to get a better visual. What should take 5 minutes to explain ends up being a 25 minute video.

One of the few things I genuinely do love about Youtube is the professionals always easily stand out amidst amateurs, because the amateurs don't know how to edit their shit

somedevil

Its simply not his gimmick that got him over. Its because people started to recognize his work and wanted to be higher up on the card. The company finally responded and now Oney Lorcan has taken that spot.

Disagree on the takeovers. The Toronto one was very good.

His promos have been absolutely awesome, but the matches have been either just "good" or "meh". Something is not quite translating in the ring for me. I'm confident in Joe's skills though, might have been saving his body a bit for the main roster.

That is pretty much entirely how I feel. The promos have been great and his presence is unreal, but yeah the matches just haven't hit home at all.

Mahonay

Banned
Its simply not his gimmick that got him over. Its because people started to recognize his work and wanted to be higher up on the card. The company finally responded and now Oney Lorcan has taken that spot.

Disagree on the takeovers. The Toronto one was very good.
Not WK11. Must be trash.

Could it be his opponents in NXT? People felt Finn and Nak phone(d) it in so maybe he couldn't go as well as he liked.

Mahonay

Banned
90% of the main roster wish they had a gimmick as over as "10"
I find it ironic that people will complain about talent not being able to get consistently hot with crowds, and when someone actually does it's just "lol meme wrestler" and "Diet Daniel Bryan".

People can just like Tye Dillinger.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I find it ironic that people will complain about talent not being able to get consistently hot with crowds, and when someone actually does it's just "lol meme wrestler" and "Diet Daniel Bryan".

Are you trying to paint Tye as some sort of deep fleshed out character? Shallow characters got over all the time in the Attitude Era because they found an easy catchphrase.

Which of you lovely people did this

Ffq233E.png

this is prolly the same dood that took a pic of orton at the gym

disgust

I should check out this Bayley segment and see how Raw writing has continued to weaken my favourite member of the active roster that isn't Kane, who is also not active at the moment, possibly for that HUGE rumble return pop.

Foggy

There's very little irony considering I'm only half that equation. I don't care about a given wrestler's ability to get consistently hot with a crowd.

Daniel Bryan's popularity and the YES chant is inextricable with Tye Dillinger's monosyllabic throw-my-hands-in-the-air chant. He has a very similar chant gimmick and he's worse than Bryan in all other aspects. People can like him, that's fine. I think he's mediocre and I don't begrudge anyone for loving the guy for any reason. Memes are fine, I just put very little value in it and think his overall ability as a wrestler is mediocre.

People can just not like Tye Dillinger.

Zach

Ha! After all that Tyler Bate babyface talk, the ladyfriend just said outta nowhere that she likes his face because it's "void of affect."

Pfff. What a weirdo.

Mahonay

Banned
There's very little irony considering I'm only half that equation. I don't care about a given wrestler's ability to get consistently hot with a crowd.

Daniel Bryan's popularity and the YES chant is inextricable with Tye Dillinger's monosyllabic throw-my-hands-in-the-air chant. He has a very similar chant gimmick and he's worse than Bryan in all other aspects. People can like him, that's fine. I think he's mediocre and I don't begrudge anyone for loving the guy for any reason. Memes are fine, I just put very little value in it and think his overall ability as a wrestler is mediocre.

People can just not like Tye Dillinger.
My problem is poo-pooing a gimmick that is genuinely hot. What's the point?

I'd agree he is just an average worker. Pro wrestling is a lot more than just pure working ability.

Mahonay

Banned
How on earth is the RAW rating so high, the quality is at an all time low right now.
It is literally unwatchable for me. There are at least one or two segments I'll enjoy, but the rest is so God damn long, poorly paced, poorly written, poorly booked, it becomes torturous to sit through and watch all of these bad ideas barfed through the screen at me for 3 hours.

It annoys me even more when the roster is full of workers that I really like.

I actually can't remember if I watched Raw this past Monday. I think I did, but I have no recollection of what happened, nor do I remember posting about it in the thread.

Top Bottom