• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Joe's Nak feud brought us a lot of REGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL

so they're great

I made a crucial first step and removed the series link recording for Raw yesterday.

I actually can't remember if I watched Raw this past Monday. I think I did, but I have no recollection of what happened, nor do I remember posting about it in the thread.

This is how they get you

3 hours you flatout don't ever remember using

tumblr_mna7zqBjxS1qjkec8o1_400.gif

Foggy

My problem is poo-pooing a gimmick that is genuinely hot. What's the point?

I'd agree he is just an average worker. Pro wrestling is a lot more than just pure working ability.

I mean, you answered the question. I think it's a lame, uninspired gimmick that doesn't make up for his relative deficiencies. I don't particularly care if it's super hot, if it doesn't work for me. Al Snow was over as fuck and HEAD is still dumb as hell.

Zach

Yeah, this UK tourney was alright. Still kinda surprised by the lack of pizazz, but maybe that's a good thing. Fun little watch. Heavy on the little, because seriously look at these dudes. Buncha Dean Malenkos.

:D

I mean, you answered the question. I think it's a lame, uninspired gimmick that doesn't make up for his relative deficiencies. I don't particularly care if it's super hot, if it doesn't work for me. Al Snow was over as fuck and HEAD is still dumb as hell.

WHAT DOES EVERYBODY WANT!?

Not you. :mad:

Mahonay

Banned
WHAT DOES EVERYBODY WANT?

That was so over with 13 year old me. I was so dumb.

Watched the AXS TV version of Okada vs Omega with Jim Ross and Josh Barnett on commentary earlier and that match still hasn't gotten old. They did a really good job on commentary too.

So WWE are doing a Womens Tournament Network special?

Cool.

Think they bring Blue Pants back and have her get her face kicked in by some hard hitting joshi star? I miss Blue Pants getting beat up.

Also now that I think of it they havent had many jobbers on RAW recently since Strowman and Jax got out of their intro push. At least from the bits of RAW I have caught.

Rimfya

Banned
I find it ironic that people will complain about talent not being able to get consistently hot with crowds, and when someone actually does it's just "lol meme wrestler" and "Diet Daniel Bryan".

People can just like Tye Dillinger.

Correct.

Maybe "wrestling is terrible" because everyone hates everything?

I agree with Pollock about the Snuka thing.

WWE/Vince tries to create this weird little secluded world that exists all on its own where the real world basically doesn't exist or interfere with it. A lot of WWE fans buy into it too. It is so fucking strange. Like, there are even Benoit truthers becjause cognitive dissonance and denial I guess.

Vince is probably so out of touch because he is living in this weird little world he created for himself.

Top Bottom