• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

m920rtK.jpg

this should be goooood

Pikma

Banned
It's not confirmed but it's very likely Ryan Ward got replaced by Road Dogg as the SD head writer

Can't have a remotely decent quality show overshadow your 3 hour ad-infested mess it seems

RIP In Peace Smackdown Live

Beefy

It's not confirmed but it's very likely Ryan Ward got replaced by Road Dogg as the SD head writer

Can't have a remotely decent quality show overshadow your 3 hour ad-infested mess it seems

So Ryan going to Raw?

For fuck sake. I hope it isn't true. Or maybe he is moving to Raw.

What possible reason would they have to do this.

Hasney

So Ryan going to Raw?

For fuck sake. I hope it isn't true. Or maybe he is moving to Raw.

What possible reason would they have to do this.

The source on that was Vince Russos podcast feat. Disco Inferno. I'm just going to repeat the top comment from the Reddit thread I found on it:

If there's two names I trust, it's Disco Inferno and Vince Russo

To be fair, there were reports around December last year that Road Dogg was already doing most of the creative work for Smackdown, so it could be that he's already there and doing a good job.

The source on that was Vince Russos podcast feat. Disco Inferno. I'm just going to repeat the top comment from the Reddit thread I found on it:

If there's two names I trust, it's Disco Inferno and Vince Russo

To be fair, there were reports around December last year that Road Dogg was already doing most of the creative work for Smackdown, so it could be that he's already there and doing a good job.

I see. Well, hopefully they don't do something stupid.

Off topic:
WHAT THE FUCK Uchihara, what are you doing you fucking idiot. Minori went and made dinner.. you then fell asleep.. what are you DOING. edit- God fucking damn it. No, there is no God. Stop being a fucking dickhead.

klonere

Banned
Hello Boots, can you give me Andy Quildan's number so I can ask him to at least start running storylines on the Cockpit shows. Thanks lad.

Fuckin hell that Epic Encounter lineup is tasty already though. Kushida and Sabre should be excellent.

Hello Boots, can you give me Andy Quildan's number so I can ask him to at least start running storylines on the Cockpit shows. Thanks lad.

I presumed that was the plan, what with them running more Cockpit shows this year, but in general RevPro really isn't great for storylines - even if they do a good job of telling a story on the Cockpit shows, I doubt the majority of the York Hall crowd are watching them, so it's wasted and you get the same weird reactions like we did this past weekend.

After Global Wars when Marty kicked Zack low and the crowd FINALLY booed him, I thought we'd turned a corner, but then on Saturday it was back to normal with the crowd booing Zack for no reason and cheering everything Marty does. Shit.

Fuckin hell that Epic Encounter lineup is tasty already though. Kushida and Sabre should be excellent.

I think that's the plan

almost the entirety of the Zack/Marty stuff was on Cockpit shows last year, and that's when they weren't as regular or uploaded timely

klonere

Banned
I presumed that was the plan, what with them running more Cockpit shows this year, but in general RevPro really isn't great for storylines - even if they do a good job of telling a story on the Cockpit shows, I doubt the majority of the York Hall crowd are watching them, so it's wasted and you get the same weird reactions like we did this past weekend.

After Global Wars when Marty kicked Zack low and the crowd FINALLY booed him, I thought we'd turned a corner, but then on Saturday it was back to normal with the crowd booing Zack for no reason and cheering everything Marty does. Shit.

I have decided the RPW crowd are shit. They've gotten some of the most outrageous dream matches in the last while so I guess they are spoiled? But man do the shows get kinda dead at times. I really think the lack of storylines does hurt reactions even if these are huge name matches. Do...something. That isn't fobbing off PROGRESS fans.

Although that would build a nice PROGRESS vs RPW feud....

I think that's the plan

almost the entirety of the Zack/Marty stuff was on Cockpit shows last year, and that's when they weren't as regular or uploaded timely

There's a Haskins vs Jay White match that nobody will ever see out there somewhere on one of those lost Cockpit shows. Sad times.

I have decided the RPW crowd are shit. They've gotten some of the most outrageous dream matches in the last while so I guess they are spoiled? But man do the shows get kinda dead at times. I really think the lack of storylines does hurt reactions even if these are huge name matches. Do...something. That isn't fobbing off PROGRESS fans.

Although that would build a nice PROGRESS vs RPW feud....
They have been especially awful the last few times. I honestly couldn't put my finger on the cause beyond it's a bit more casual.

I don't know why everyone wants interpromotional feuds, it's not going to be ROH vs CZW
There's a Haskins vs Jay White match that nobody will ever see out there somewhere on one of those lost Cockpit shows. Sad times.

I still have this post of yours on a monthly reminder to check RPW to see if that had been uploaded so I could send it to you 😘 Still hoping they get round to it!

They have been especially awful the last few times. I honestly couldn't put my finger on the cause beyond it's a bit more casual.

Ever since the Angle show, tbh. Lots of new fans at that show and at the Vader one too, plus new fans coming because of the WWE UKCT guys. Also, I know a few who have stayed well away from RevPro because they were so sour about the Vader match.

Global Wars was better, but then it was (presumably) mostly NJPW fans wanting to see NJPW talent - fast forward to last weekend, YOSHI got fuck all reaction and there were even some xenophobic comments made towards him and Shibata, apparently.

Ever since the Angle show, tbh. Lots of new fans at that show and at the Vader one too, plus new fans coming because of the WWE UKCT guys. Also, I know a few who have stayed well away from RevPro because they were so sour about the Vader match.

Global Wars was better, but then it was (presumably) mostly NJPW fans wanting to see NJPW talent - fast forward to last weekend, YOSHI got fuck all reaction and there were even some xenophobic comments made towards him and Shibata, apparently.

Yeah, I guess, though it does make me feel awful elitist to say it was better before all the casuals heard about it.

I should also admit at this point that RevPro reeled me back in after the Vader mess with that Global Wars show. I am a hypocrite also.

It pisses me off whenever dickheads are xenophobic at wrestling shows, badly.

But at a few local shows I have been to, if there is someone (as babyface) from overseas wrestling an Australian (as heel) and people sing the national anthem or whatever, I do get a kick out of people yelling 'you are all marks for the state' or chanting 'nationalism is for dickheads.'

The city I am from basically grew from an old mining town, so it is a bit rough, drunk and easy to get into a fight, but very multicultural too. As 'blue collar' as it is (and this also fosters a pretty loyal wrestling community with local indies getting a lot of support, selling out 300-500+ shows every couple of weeks), most people don't tolerate stupid, xenophobic shit. Everyone is from all over and every group of friends is filled with Caucasians, Koreans, Thai, Somali, Lebanese, Indian and people from all over the world. So if people discriminate it is damn sure you will piss off a lot of people. Fuckwits still try every now and again but it usually ends poorly for them.

Apparently you don't have a gun in the RE7, as I said I have watched a peeson play about 30mins to a hour and it looks far better then a lot of the old games.

You do 15 mins in, in fact . Game is standard Re fare so expect pistol, machine guns, shotguns, Magnum...The works. It's just another RE game in first person.

Game is rubbish. Three enemy variety and a goofy ass plot. Zero replayability.

People should be buying Yakuza 0 and gravity Rush 2 instead, even if they don't own a ps4

Mahonay

Banned
Went ahead and watched Rollins vs Zayn from last night. Really fantastic TV match. They would have a really incredible feud if stuck together. The finish progressed the story that was dumped and forgotten about after Owens got the title, but Haitch really should have come out from the crowd for the distraction, and hit Seth with a Pedigree. The distracting music bit is so fucking played out, and Mick going "someone must have colluded with production OMG!" made me remember it's still a RAW segment and all of this is lame as fuck.

Other than that, I watched the headline segment with Goldberg and Brock with the Taker appearance. Pretty nicely done. Also LOL at Goldberg pretty much concussing himself on a door before coming out, but when he recovered he gave some natural responses on the mic that really makes the feud stronger as a whole.

If true looks like I'm not watching any more main roster weekly TV.

What??

The action between Raw Tag Team Champions Cesaro & Sheamus and challengers Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson has grown so wild and out of control that two referees will be assigned to this Sunday’s title rematch on the Royal Rumble Kickoff

2 refs???

Also the verbiage is out of control

Watch the ripsnorting Raw Tag Team Title Match live this Sunday on the special, two-hour Royal Rumble Kickoff.

Mahonay

Banned
yo reading RAW recaps really is the way to go
Sure is. I watched the only two things that were genuinely good on the show this morning after reading the recap. It was rather nice.

Is Sami set up to have any kind of WrestleMania program? Is his feud with Braun still an ongoing story?

If not I imagine he'll be put in another multiman match, which I'll certainly take over having no Sami at all.

yo reading RAW recaps really is the way to go
HOME

— Roman Reigns said a few months ago that he wanted one title for each shoulder, and it would appear that this is still the case. After Jeri-KO interrupted Reigns’ opening interview to talk trash in advance of Sunday’s WWE Universal Title Match (Kevin Owens) and bemoan their eventual fate as a shark-cage inhabitant in said match (Chris Jericho), tempers grew hot and Jericho out-and-out threatened The Big Dog.

Reigns, of course, immediately called Jericho’s bluff and evoked his rematch clause for the United States Title Jericho won off of him two weeks prior, putting himself back in the running to be a potential dual-champion. Owens both accepted on behalf of a hesitant Jericho and promised to put Reigns in the shark cage before the night was over. But the damage may well be done by then, and WWE’s resident sexy piñata — sorry, very sexy piñata — may be relieved of his most precious prize.

Yep

Also sexy pinata wtf?

Top Bottom