• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Mickie fitting right in on Talking Shoot.

edit: wow is it ever obvious that Shane got notes about his monotonous, workmanline demeanor on previous Talking Smacks.

Anth0ny

AJ's indignance at being so disrespected as champion in the face of John Cena reminds me a lot of a very underrated Punk promo during his reign.

one of the things that pisses me off most about modern wwe storytelling is how the good guy just shakes things off and doesn't get all emotional about anything, ever. it's the main reason why roman reigns feels like cena 2.0, because he has the exact same attitude in defeat. just no sells it completely. in fact, you're a HEEL and immediately called out for bitching/whining/complaining if you ever feel disrespected and show it in a promo

i feel like every babyface in wrestling history prior to 2005 would look like a "heel" compared to modern day cena or reigns

one of the things that pisses me off most about modern wwe storytelling is how the good guy just shakes things off and doesn't get all emotional about anything, ever. it's the main reason why roman reigns feels like cena 2.0, because he has the exact same attitude in defeat. just no sells it completely. in fact, you're a HEEL and immediately called out for bitching/whining/complaining if you ever feel disrespected and show it in a promo

i feel like every babyface in wrestling history prior to 2005 would look like a "heel" compared to modern day cena or reigns

Welcome to WWE booking

Where the good guys are total assholes and the bad guys seem totally justified in their anger.

Welcome to WWE booking

Where the good guys are total assholes and the bad guys seem totally justified in their anger.

It really is so strange.

Someone pointed out yesterday, if someone who doesn't watch wrestling was flicking through the channels and stopped on Raw, anyone would think Reigns was the bad guy and Jericho/Owens were the good guys. And there really isn't any way for them to see it any other way, unless someone shits on or praises the local crowd and their city.

Bronx-Man

Banned
John Cena's WWE character is such a dick.

Like an actual bully. Be a Star Cena.
Ug6CBH4.gif

Welcome to WWE booking

Like Natalya clocking Nikki and the announcers immediately saying it was uncalled for even though it only happened because Nikki immediately took a swing at her as soon as Natalya showed up. She got like two words out before Nikki tried to take her head off...

That Today Show spot was also really weird.

Adree

Alvarez thinking that Jericho will be the heel vs Owens is insane. When Meltzer understands the angle properly and you don't... smh

Top Bottom