• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

Someone the other day claimed this is low point of WWE. Is it really that much worse than the run in the mid 00s up until like 2011/12?

Edit:
Gif for the new page
SARNaL.gif

Lothar

Banned
So I haven't been paying close attention to raw but is there any clear front runners for the rumble?

I was talking to my cousin and both of us couldn't pin down a clear favourite to win I'm excited for Sunday but ready to be let down

There wasn't until some Meltzer spoilers came out.

Trying to keep Bullet Club alive without Kenny and no clear leader to replace him would just be sad.

It's been sad since 2014 when Jarrett joined

Now they have Cody Rrrrrrrrrrrr

It'll be more noteworthy when it stops being sad, which will mean the group finally Died

Someone the other day claimed this is low point of WWE. Is it really that much worse than the run in the mid 00s up until like 2011/12?

Edit:
Gif for the new page
SARNaL.gif

It's a two sided answer that really depends on what you're looking for and what matters more to you

If you're looking for in-ring quality, this is easily the best it's been in decades, possibly ever

If you're looking for booking that makes sense and matches that lack fuck finishes, this is easily the worst it's been since at least the Attitude Era, likely ever

I personally side with the latter because this is also a time where there's more quality alternatives/archives available to view than ever before, with more coming every month (DDT Universe and Powerbomb.TV come to mind immediately for very recent examples), so you don't need to justify the booking and fuck finishes, you can just move on

WWE is in a position where it doesn't really commit to anything, so there's nothing really exceptional character/storyline wise so nothing really rises to the top to overshadow the bad stuff.

We've always gotten some sort of big program to focus on, but nowadays the WWE is spread so thin that nothing feels like the biggest thing.

It's a two sided answer that really depends on what you're looking for and what matters more to you

If you're looking for in-ring quality, this is easily the best it's been in decades, possibly ever

If you're looking for booking that makes sense and matches that lack fuck finishes, this is easily the worst it's been since at least the Attitude Era, likely ever

I personally side with the latter because this is also a time where there's more quality alternatives/archives available to view than ever before, with more coming every month (DDT Universe and Powerbomb.TV come to mind immediately for very recent examples), so you don't need to justify the booking and fuck finishes, you can just move on

That makes sense. My only problem with the in-ring work is we're getting the same matches week in week out. Same set ups, same spots, same signatures, everything.

Rimfya

Banned
It's not hard to understand why they keep going back to the well with old guys when they're still a bigger draw than anyone current. But if those ticket sales are to be believed that this Rumble could have a massive audience, they should use it as an opportunity to really put someone over.

Side note: I want Taker/Reigns promos to just be the two of them saying...

REST
IN
PEACE

BA
LEE
DAT

...over and over and over

shaowebb

Edit:
Gif for the new page
SARNaL.gif

Who is that dude wishing he was Okada? Looks too small to be Mike Mason even if he's rockin that mohawk.

EDIT: Oh shit is that whats left of Jimmy Havoc? I miss the HUSS days.

DOUBLE EDIT: NM thinking of Jimmy Jacobs aren't I...

shaowebb

Heh, Jacobs is actually a writer in WWE now.

As for Havoc, if you aren't familiar...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNWNrimMYbs

Oh geez no wonder he looks so bad. He's one of those hardcore wrestlers in the indies who uses a crazy gimmick. I'll have to watch his stuff to see if he's got psychology and any decent chain wrestling or if he's just another indie hardcore guy who nabs high spots from japan and uses blood to get over.

Its Progress wrestling so I have hope.

tm24

Oh geez no wonder he looks so bad. He's one of those hardcore wrestlers in the indies who uses a crazy gimmick. I'll have to watch his stuff to see if he's got psychology and any decent chain wrestling or if he's just another indie hardcore guy who nabs high spots from japan and uses blood to get over.

Its Progress wrestling so I have hope.
The havoc storyline addresses all these concerns you have

DJChuy

Poor Billy Corgan. After leaving TNA, he's just been playing in front of dozens of people.

Has anyone been to those meet "WWE Superstar" events before? AJ Styles and Sasha Banks are being advertised, and I want to know how the experience is.

Top Bottom