• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

I wish WWE could clean house of talent who have been treading water for several years, too many are damaged goods at this point.

Wade Keller is oldschool:

https://twitter.com/thewadekeller/status/824782049408081921

All this over Braunn's instagram account that is under his real name.
He ain't wrong, it irritates the shit out of me almost as much as WWE doing it themselves.

what am I looking at?

Hogan losing a few hundred thousand dollars in the mid-80s.

UberTag

If there's any justice, YouTube would shut him and his revenue stream down and permaban him for his flagrant lack of responsibility to his predominantly kid audience. But because humanity sucks right now, I'm sure nothing will happen to him and he'll instead earn a shitload of ad revenue from all of the extra clicks that video will generate.

Pikma

Banned
HHH admitted on today's conference call that he isn't happy with neither how this TakeOver was build nor the current state of NXT.

So yeah, at least he is aware

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
HHH admitted on today's conference call that he isn't happy with neither how this TakeOver was build nor the current state of NXT.

just saw the card... yeesh, thats not very good >_>

Xion385

Friends, I got tickets to go to my first PWG show on Feb 18th. Does still finally count going full smark or do I have to go to Full Sail too?

Fox318

There is too much content for any one thing to be special.

NXT suffers from that because before it was the special show.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
bobby is to TNA as aj is to WWE
C3JVbZyXUAEjLhJ.jpg:large

Pikma

Banned
There is too much content for any one thing to be special.

NXT suffers from that because before it was the special show.
It lost something during the process yes, but the huge amount of call ups that happened after the brand split is what gutted the product the most and made it's momentum die imo (plus losing it's lead writer), and now they've been struggling a lot to get something solid going because of it.

Something that I've never liked about NXT though and that I think also hurts it is the considerable amount of filler episodes, like I really have no idea when it's worth watching and when it's not.

Foggy

NXT lost its momentum when KO left. It now just sort of feels like a revolving door of guys at the top waiting for their call up. Women's division is suffering by virtue of Asuka being the most competent wrestler. Everything is else is pretty bland.

DIY/Revival is the best thing going.

Pikma

Banned
NXT lost its momentum when KO left. It now just sort of feels like a revolving door of guys at the top waiting for their call up. Women's division is suffering by virtue of Asuka being the most competent wrestler. Everything is else is pretty bland.

DIY/Revival is the best thing going.
Asuka isn't the most competent wrestler, she's the only one

RBH

As noted, Triple H conducted an NXT Takeover San Antonio media call today, and during the call Triple H addressed the current state of NXT and the impact the WWE brand split had on NXT and its roster. On the current state of NXT, Triple H offered the following comment:

“I’m not happy with where it is right now by far. I want it to be much better than it is, but it’s a rebuilding process. All these things going on, they all make changes in the ecosystem. Where everything lands at the end of the day is a moving target.”

“I think NXT has the potential to be a lot of things. Where it sits is not 100% my decision. I know those conversations have happened.”
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/798...m-not-happy-with-where-it-is-right-now-by-far

NXT got too big for it's own britches. Should have never been more than developmental instead of this odd attempt of WWE trying to run an indie.

RBH

C3J4C3bUoAQhO6Q.jpg:small

C3D3ctRUYAE1XeZ.jpg:small

NXT Champion Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Bobby Roode

C2ft_P4VQAARFAZ.jpg:small

NXT Women’s Champion Asuka vs. Nikki Cross vs. Billie Kay vs. Peyton Royce (Fatal 4-Way Match)

C3DzWVTUoAAI1FJ.jpg:small

NXT Tag Team Champions #DIY vs. The Authors of Pain

C3Dx1weVYAA1RIJ.jpg:small

Andrade “Cien” Almas vs. Roderick Strong

C3D3TIJUcAAc06H.jpg:small

Tye Dillinger vs. Eric Young

Xion385

I genuinely don't know who's going over in that Cien/Strong match. I'm leaning Cien though. I feel like this is that phase were Strong is "paying his dues" first.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
what happened to the weird ass stable Eric Young was in? is that over?

somedevil

NXT house in Houston had this card:

Roode and Samoa Joe vs Tye and Nakamura
Cien Almas vs Akira Tozawa
Fatal Four way womens match
Revival vs DIY
Blake vs Strong
Cedric and Heavy Machinery vs Sanity
Drifter vs No Way Jose

RBH

20170125_RoyalRumble_TUNEIN_ThisSunday--2413b2aa24593ea78db188f3c6c461ed.jpg

20170123_RoyalRumble--3286103f97c9ab6780b8d9108805165e.jpg

The 2017 Royal Rumble Match

20170117_RoyalRumble_AJCena--a2b47e1293bb49dd5314e30d4599a961.jpg

WWE Champion AJ Styles vs. John Cena

20170109_RoyalRumble_OwensRoman--bc77331e13a3a047e23e11d8042adcff.jpg

WWE Universal Champion Kevin Owens vs. Roman Reigns (No Disqualification Match, with Chris Jericho suspended above the ring in a shark cage)

20170102_RoyalRumble_charlottebayley--e61d90cd20c215a735e1a8ea1cf74352.jpg

Raw Women’s Champion Charlotte Flair vs. Bayley

20170109_RoyalRumble_SwannNeville--274ced054bbca3800f44d49940bf87bf.jpg

WWE Cruiserweight Champion Rich Swann vs. Neville

skysports-smackdown-women-wwe-royal-rumble-wrestling_3877414.jpg

Becky Lynch, Nikki Bella & Naomi vs. Alexa Bliss, Mickie James and Natalya (Kickoff Match)

C25gaH4UcAA18fM.jpg:small

Raw Tag Team Champions Cesaro & Sheamus vs. Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson (Kickoff Match)

C26D1KDUoAEHC6n.jpg:small

Sasha Banks vs. Nia Jax (Kickoff Match)

Top Bottom