• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

Toki767

I don't feel like Omega really needs the money anyway.

WWE might be an easier schedule for him by virtue of them making him tone down his style, but there's no real reason for him to go there I think outside of making more money, which he probably makes a fairly good amount of right now.

TheBear

Hey guys my fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon in 2018 and looking at swinging by New Orleans for Wrestlemania. We'll be travelling from Sydney, Aus and plan on visiting NY, Texas, LA, and probably Hawaii on the way back, and fit in New Orleans somewhere in the middle. Just a few questions:

- How should I go about buying the best tickets possible? This a once in a lifetime kinda thing for me so I'm prepared to go all out. Also, what would a ringside ticket cost?

- Will travelling, accommodation etc. be extremely busy/difficult at this time in NO? My Wife-to-be isn't much of a wrestling fan and I don't think it's fair to subject her to 5-6 hours of it, so I guess I'm curious what her experience of the city would be like at the time.

- What other stuff will be on in the city at the time that is worth checking out? Bothing wrestling and non-wrestling. Would like to catch Takeover if possible.

- My rough itinerary would be as follows: NY>Nashville>NO>Austin>LA>Hawaii
Looking at a map it looks like a lot of travel but these are the places we have picked out. Would 4 weeks be enough to see all these places? And if I had to drop one, Nashville or Austin?

- When should I start booking the tickets/accomm for Wrestlemania?

Thanks all!

So the rumble seems to be succeeding? I've been seeing people say that Meltz has claimed that it's going to be the largest gate of any non-Wrestlemania WWE event ever. Almost 40 thousand tickets sold at the moment.

I guess announcing all those big names in the rumble worked.

Kaladin

Hey guys my fiancee and I are planning our honeymoon in 2018 and looking at swinging by New Orleans for Wrestlemania. We'll be travelling from Sydney, Aus and plan on visiting NY, Texas, LA, and probably Hawaii on the way back, and fit in New Orleans somewhere in the middle. Just a few questions:

- How should I go about buying the best tickets possible? This a once in a lifetime kinda thing for me so I'm prepared to go all out. Also, what would a ringside ticket cost?

- Will travelling, accommodation etc. be extremely busy/difficult at this time in NO? My Wife-to-be isn't much of a wrestling fan and I don't think it's fair to subject her to 5-6 hours of it, so I guess I'm curious what her experience of the city would be like at the time.

- What other stuff will be on in the city at the time that is worth checking out? Bothing wrestling and non-wrestling. Would like to catch Takeover if possible.

- My rough itinerary would be as follows: NY>Nashville>NO>Austin>LA>Hawaii
Looking at a map it looks like a lot of travel but these are the places we have picked out. Would 4 weeks be enough to see all these places? And if I had to drop one, Nashville or Austin?

- When should I start booking the tickets/accomm for Wrestlemania?

Thanks all!

Start booking travel asap so you're not shut out.

Tickets for WM won't come available till November usually, though Travel Packages that can include a hotel and other tickets like Raw and NXT can become available beforehand.

Expect to spend thousands for ringside.

Fantomex

So I'm debating if I should go see Raw at Staples or Smackdown at the Honda Center? Anyone ever been? Need some ticket advice. I don't think I want to get seats on the floor section. People probably stand up all the time.

Heroman

Banned

WWE might be an easier schedule for him by virtue of them making him tone down his style, but there's no real reason for him to go there I think outside of making more money, which he probably makes a fairly good amount of right now.
It 80 to 100 dates vs 200+ dates, WWE schedule is killer, I feel like some people will like a new Japan schedule more.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Omega values his sanity and creative freedom also it could drive his stock up.

Also the schedule

You barely have to do anything in random house shows/TV episodes. AJ Styles' isn't doing 450 splashes to outside tables on house shows.

Are the young bucks free agents in 2018?

Cause if they are I see The Elite being a packaged deal for whoever wants all 3 of them.

Omega specifically mentioned that he wants his deal to be up at the same time as the Bucks.

The difference in money is pretty huge. They were reportedly going to offer Kenny something like $750,000-$1,000,000. It's not the difference between 5 and 6 million dollars.

Toki767

It 80 to 100 dates vs 200+ dates, WWE schedule is killer, I feel like some people will like a new Japan schedule more.

He's not going to be bumping or working anywhere near as long of matches as he would on WWE's schedule though.

He probably works 2 or 3 times as hard in New Japan as he would in WWE.

So the rumble seems to be succeeding? I've been seeing people say that Meltz has claimed that it's going to be the largest gate of any non-Wrestlemania WWE event ever. Almost 40 thousand tickets sold at the moment.

Not only that, but there's a lot of potential winners too, so - as has been mentioned in here - it's a lot more interesting.

Bigger than Summerslam '92?

OBhKLiH.jpg

suS1crR.jpg

Alright, which one of you?

cesaro during his indy days

Toki767

Well it's also what, one of the larger venues a non-Wrestlemania gets put in that wasn't SummerSlam 92

Heroman

Banned
He's not going to be bumping or working anywhere near as long of matches as he would on WWE's schedule though.

He probably works 2 or 3 times as hard in New Japan as he would in WWE.

I think problem isn't the bumping or working it the schedule is. Kenny probably work hard in 15 to 20 matches last year. NJPW, working hard but you get a lot of time off vs WWE in which you don't as hard but work way more dates in a much bigger country.

Bigger than Summerslam '92?
Not attendance wise, but the amount of money being earned.

There's a chance it might even be pushed to fifty if ticket prices drop and people get interested in the next two days.

Not only that, but there's a lot of potential winners too, so - as has been mentioned in here - it's a lot more interesting.
Yeah, I think that definitely plays a part too.

Well it's also what, one of the larger venues a non-Wrestlemania gets put in that wasn't SummerSlam 92
Yup. I really hope it's a good crowd with all those people.

Ah gotcha, thought it just meant attendance

Not attendance wise, but the amount of money being earned.

There's a chance it might even be pushed to fifty if ticket prices drop and people get interested in the next two days.

Yeah, I think that definitely plays a part too.

Yup. I really hope it's a good crowd with all those people.
They're about to make this last minute push to Taco Bell to sell tickets for 10 bucks. Also a collectable monster truck!

I don't see there being ten thousand walk ups but I could see them hitting 47k.

Mahonay

Banned
They are tarping alot for the Rumble. Alamo Dome seats 72,000 they are at almost 40,000 expect a giant stage to block off the whole area they didn't sell.

They will lie and announce 60,023 in attendance calling it.
I wonder if they'll do comps to try and fill it up more.

somedevil

Brian Mann posted this on twitter in response to the article on the potential Wrestmania 33 card from Meltzer including the theorized AJ and Cena matches:

Brian Maxwell Mann ‏@BrianMaxMann 9h9 hours ago

close but not quite

Interesting

Prompto

Banned
When was the last time someone good won the Royal Rumble? I started watching wrestling again in 2012 and the Rumble has been pretty shit since then.

I'm ready for a Glorious NXT champ.

I'm afraid Asuka will lose the belt. A 4 way is the perfect setup to have her lose without being pinned.
I hope not. I'm fully expecting Billie and Peyton to try to pull some shenanigans by like having one willingly letting the other pin the other though. It would be pretty big bullshit to take it off her now with the Takeover the day before just over two months away.

That's the same guy isn't it and just either painted on or photoshop, right?

Good wrestler but not a great rumble win, dude still had ring rust all the way to mania and the match with Jericho suffered as a result. Plus had been frequently main eventing anyway prior to injury including mania main events in the previous two years, hardly an exciting pick outside of surprise return reasons.

Granted SPEAR the feud with Jericho SPEAR was always SPEAR on shaky ground SPEAR because SPEAR SPEAR SPEAR

So I'm debating if I should go see Raw at Staples or Smackdown at the Honda Center? Anyone ever been? Need some ticket advice. I don't think I want to get seats on the floor section. People probably stand up all the time.

I went to the Raw at Honda Center last year. I sat in 412 and had good seats. The only time ive sat close was for a house show at Staples Center. I was on the aisle by the ramp.

If I got floor seats again I would pick the side where the camera is so I could see the action like on TV. I dont need seats opposite of it I dont need to be on TV.

MG310

Rumble betting odds

The Undertaker +200
Goldberg +250
Braun Strowman +350
Randy Orton +400
Finn Balor +500
Samoa Joe +575
Chris Jericho +1000
Brock Lesnar +1000
Sami Zayn +1700
John Cena +1800
The Miz +2000
Baron Corbin +2400
Bray Wyatt +2500
Shinsuke Nakamura +2800
AJ Styles +3000
Seth Rollins +3300
Roman Reigns +3300
Dean Amborse +3300
Triple H +4000
Kevin Owens +4400
Kenny Omega +4500
Mojo Rawley +5000
Kurt Angle +5000
Cesaro +5000
Dolph Ziggler +8000
Big Show +8000
Big Cass +8000
Rusev +8000
Austin Aries +8000
Shawn Michaels +8000
Jason Jordan +10000
Kane +10000
Karl Anderson +10000
Rich Swann +10000
Enzo Amore +10000
Hideo Itami +10000
Sheamus +10000
Bobby Roode +10000
CM Punk +10000
Chad Gable +10000
Doc Gallows +10000
Kofi Kingston +15000
Luke Harper +15000
The Rock +15000
Kalisto +20000
Erick Rowan 20000
Big E +20000
Neville +20000
Batista +20000
Brian Kendrick +20000
Shane McMahon +22500
TJ Perkins +25000
Zack Ryder +25000
Xavier Woods +25000
Apollo Crews +25000
Curtis Axel +25000
Daniel Bryan +25000
Darren Young +25000
Fandango +25000
Goldust +25000
Heath Slater +25000
Jack Swagger+25000
Jimmy Uso +25000
Mark Henry +25000
R-Truth +25000
Ryback +25000
Tyler Breeze +25000
Shaquille O'Neal +25000
Shelton Benjamin +25000
Sin Cara +25000
Sting +25000
“Stone Cold” Steve Austin +25000
Bo Dallas +25000
Rhyno +25000
Hulk Hogan +25000
Conor McGregor +25000
Titus O'Neil +25000

+20000 for the feel good moment of the year with Big E winning.

Top Bottom