• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

Man God

Non-Canon Member
As journalists were supposed to not take sides. She did mother fucker, lucky she doesn't get fired.

Talking Smack, arguably the best show the WWE produces and definitely the best first run network talk show, has two hosts who have an open and real bias against the only real star in the WWE, the Miz.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I just remembered: seven years ago Bryan came in and was forced to be The Miz's protege on NXT. Now seven years later Miz is forced to work for Bryan.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
I've always been a miz fan and continue to be more impressed with his dedication to his work in recent years.

ReiGun

The best part of the Miz's current run is that he has a valid point every step of the way. Dean really didn't do anything to deserve a title shot and he shouldn't be able to influence refs. He also has grounds to think people are working against him since Bryan shows open contempt for him at every turn and shows favoritism when he's involved (shrugs off Renee slapping Miz but fines Maryse for slapping Renee).

It helps ground his actions and keeps him from looking totally ridiculous when he comes out and starts whining. The Miz (and/or whatever writer is working with him) really understands character development.

cordy

Banned
Yeah....

Miz is becoming WWE Champion again this year. Definitely. Maybe he'll take it from Cena, maybe he'll take it from Ambrose when Ambrose undoubtedly gets it again, maybe he'll take it from someone switching brand but he'll definitely become WWE Champion again. Him losing this belt frees him for the main event scene. I see Miz winning MITB and then rising up. He's in his prime, putting in the best work of his career, he's got a great look now, great in the ring, great character, he's just got it.

I'm all in with Miz as WWE Champion with his current self. Let's see where this goes.

Miz for rumble 2017

200w.gif

maybe avatar rumble

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The big fear is Miz getting drafted to Raw, though honestly he was one of the more consistently entertaining acts on that show the past two years.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Miz's 2016 (and 2017 most likely) has me wondering: who are some other dudes that had really great career resurgences after being in WWE for so long? Hall of Pain Mark Henry comes to mind immediately.

Miz has quietly built a very stellar hall of fame career and he is now better than ever. That is a guy who actually gives a shit and continually strives to be better.

Best gotdamn heel in the company and one of the most entertaining characters of the past 20 years.

I think what I really dread is how Miz helped bring the IC title to a new level that it was arguably the best belt on the roster in terms of the story surrounding it. His feud with Ziggler building up to No Mercy made the belt feel like pure gold.

No offense to Ambrose but I can't see him keeping that hype going.

Penguin

The best part of the Miz's current run is that he has a valid point every step of the way. Dean really didn't do anything to deserve a title shot and he shouldn't be able to influence refs. He also has grounds to think people are working against him since Bryan shows open contempt for him at every turn and shows favoritism when he's involved (shrugs off Renee slapping Miz but fines Maryse for slapping Renee).

It helps ground his actions and keeps him from looking totally ridiculous when he comes out and starts whining. The Miz (and/or whatever writer is working with him) really understands character development.

I disagree

The Miz bought this on himself

He was the one who cost Dean Ambrose the WWE Title number one contender match
He was the one who wanted to publicly out him and Renee
He was the one who attacked Dean Ambrose after a beat down from the Wyatt Family.

So he put himself in Dean's crosshair... and think screwing him out of the WWE Title match should justify him for the IC title that Miz holds

Also while it was a DQ... think since Dean wasn't hurt and ref kicked Maryse out, it was fair... sometimes need to be a bit loose with the rules!

Anth0ny

it's amazing booking. while he does have a valid point, it's still a heel as fuck thing to complain that he wasn't disqualified and thus keep his title. what a slimeball. SO many times the babyface just comes off as a complete douche asshole, and the heel looks bad as a result. tonight? ambrose is the triumphant babyface, miz is the pissed off heel. it's perfect.

hard to believe it's wwe. I really feel like vince doesn't have any say in smackdown, it's like fucking night and day compared to raw.

amazing how quickly 2 hours and 20 minutes go by on a tuesday (With talking smack) versus the torture of 3 hours every monday night.

Miz's 2016 (and 2017 most likely) has me wondering: who are some other dudes that had really great career resurgences after being in WWE for so long? Hall of Pain Mark Henry comes to mind immediately.

Christian with "One More Match" is still one of my favorite parts in WWE history, and it's not just because Christian's one of my GOAT wrestlers

That was another level of awesome and actually justified 50/50 booking and a bunch of matches

Pikma

Banned
Just cause Miz can cut a "shoot" promo doesn't make him the best midcard champ since the 80s.

I can't even.

yesh
The midcard has always meant shit for this company's creative team, you just need to take a look at what Roman has been doing to the US title to realize that even though The Miz is fucking great it doesn't take that much to make it to the top of the all-time midcard champs list

Just cause Miz can cut a "shoot" promo doesn't make him the best midcard champ since the 80s.

I can't even.

yesh

He has elevated the IC title to a place it hasn't been since the attitude era. His character has made that belt valuable and a title that people give a shit about. His promo skills are off the charts as well as his look and his overall persona. Never going to have a five star match but people actually give a damn about his matches because HE has made the matches worth caring about by being the most consistent character in the company for two solid years.

If Ziggler didn't try to be a smark making references to Ambrose and Renee when he was on Talking Smack, this story never would have happened.

Fuck Ziggler.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Miz brings heat to every feud he has had now for the past 30 months or so when he used to be the most boring guy in the company ahead of Shamus/Del Rio/Kofi Kingston/Dolph. Now anyone who gets into a program with Miz gets a monster reaction. Sandow, Dolph, Ambrose (who gets a good reaction on his own granted) in these long endless programs that still work months after they start. He carried Dolph for what seemed like five months!

Pikma

Banned
The most memorable match the brand split has given me is Miz vs Ziggler at Backlash, a fucking Ziggler match, that's how good The Miz is

Top Bottom