• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

Anth0ny

holy shit did the world end during SDLive or something, you guys are very fired up right now

friend, that was some of the best, hottest pure wrestling i've ever seen in a 3 hour span.

certainly nothing will top it in the next 24 hours, at least.

klonere

Banned
Another week, another fantastic Talking Smack segment with The Miz.

Miz's world ended. And it was great.

friend, that was some of the best, hottest pure wrestling i've ever seen in a 3 hour span.

certainly nothing will top it in the next 24 hours, at least.

Can't wait to watch back, had to duck out for a dinner with friends as it started.

I can drift off then and watch WK in the morning. What a time to be alive.

GunBR

Another great Smackdown
The difference in quality between the Two shows is ridiculous

And Miz is a great heel, but he still is boring at the ring as always. Maybe he get a quick title reign during the NFL season next year, but soon he will be back to the middle card

Pikma

Banned
I don't think I'll be able to watch WK live since I won't be able to renew my sub until tomorrow morning so I'll just stay away from this thread until I do :(

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Corbin needs more experience before he can main event but I think this will give him some credibility as he falls back to upper midcard. That's the hope at least.

klonere

Banned
yooooo look at all the fucking Naito merch on those heads

C1Tm_miVEAAom3r.jpg

miserable

18 years ago, the greatest night in the history of our sport happened in WCW, in Hotlanta, in the Georgia Dome:

3TjSM1k.gif

the finishing move was so powerful that it nearly killed Big Sexy, and it was never used again

I made the gif myself so slappy Zachy can't complain about the WWE logo

Adree

I wish Baron Corbin would make his tv character the same as his Talking Smack character wherein he makes logical arguments and points out stupid shit.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Cena's promo made no sense. He seemed disproportionally mad at AJ for calling him a hypocrite yet his counter promo had practically nothing to do with anything AJ actually said.

I don't know if the idea was to make Cena look like a hypocritical asshole or what but I don't really get it. Granted, he's a cocky asshole more often than not but he just came off as out of touch there.

18 years ago, the greatest night in the history of our sport happened in WCW, in Hotlanta, in the Georgia Dome:

3TjSM1k.gif

the finishing move was so powerful that it nearly killed Big Sexy, and it was never used again

A move so powerful, it killed not just an entire wrestling promotion, but one backed by a multi-billion dollar media conglomerate.

UberTag

Cena's promo made no sense. He seemed disproportionally mad at AJ for calling him a hypocrite yet his counter promo had practically nothing to do with anything AJ actually said.

I don't know if the idea was to make Cena look like a hypocritical asshole or what but I don't really get it. Granted, he's a cocky asshole more often than not but he just came off as out of touch there.
I've felt this way for just about every Cena promo since the Punk feud.

AJ Styles brought straight truth to his promo. The only card Cena could have played was the gay community.

3TjSM1k.gif

Look at how confused all those Fatlanta fans are

Where's your defense of this, RBH and DM??

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
AJ Styles brought straight truth to his promo. The only card Cena could have played was the gay community.
I mean part of the problem was that they apprently couldn't come up with anything for Cena to retort with that didn't make him sound stupid so he just generically told AJ he sucks.

I mean AJ didn't even go that far. He could have pointed out that Cena's "I was wrong" thing is just a convienent excuse to do whatever he wants (which would fit in with AJ's entire reasoning there). Not to mention the fact that for someone who constantly goes off about people shouldn't make excuses, Cena's been doing nothing but making excuses.

That might hedge too close to turning Cena heel though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
man Okada is a tall motherfucker, Kenny is pretty big himself and Okad towers over him

Christian with "One More Match" is still one of my favorite parts in WWE history, and it's not just because Christian's one of my GOAT wrestlers

That was another level of awesome and actually justified 50/50 booking and a bunch of matches

This one is great. I was so pissed that they only gave Christian a 2 day title run, but the feud ended up being legit. Every match was great too (could have done with a few less diving nothing into an rko finishes). Winning the title by
getting kicked in the dick
sogood.gif

still sad Christian never really got a proper send off

I've been watching all the Network events from 2015 again, and got to the part with the feud between The Miz, Ryback, and Big Show. Hard to believe Miz went from that nonsense, to being one of the most entertaining parts of the entire company

Nekofrog

Banned
to say there's no favoritism whatsoever seems a bit false. there's a reason raw's roster was stacked and it ain't the 3 hours

is it a big deal? not really. he's probably mostly correct about vince not having a bias for the most part

UberTag

to say there's no favoritism whatsoever seems a bit false. there's a reason raw's roster was stacked and it ain't the 3 hours

is it a big deal? not really. he's probably mostly correct about vince not having a bias for the most part
That said, if Raw's ratings continue to slip, I could see them poaching Ryan Ward for the RAW brand as he seems to be the unheralded "X factor" between watchable WWE programming and it being outright unredeemable shit.

I don't doubt that Vince prefers Raw over Smackdown. I just find it ridiculous some people seem to genuinely believe Vince does absolutely nothing on Smackdown because it's good. He definitely gives ideas and inputs over there. Smackdown's good because of the strict 2 hour time and also because of that former NXT writer who takes the ideas Vince gives him and makes it gold.

Carmella dates the chinless loser jobber is the most Vince idea ever and would be a disaster likely on Raw but Smackdown have made it work because of the writing.

Top Bottom