• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

Hasney

Did you see the last man standing match? Dude is a legit big man. He's no Khali.

That's not wrestling talent. That's having functional knees. Match was still pretty bad and if Zayncan't carry him, then fuck.

I honestly don't think we'll know with Brawn for along ass time. He's the greenest man on the roster.

If I may add my voice to the existing chorus, as much as I liked the character work in Tanahashi/Naito, when it comes to what a modern 'big match' is, you don't get much better than Omega/Okada.

Anth0ny

lol braun is absolute garbage in ring

but as long as vince mcmahon is alive, there will always be giants who can't work for fucking SHIT. so you just kinda hope for the best. looking at it that way, braun is ok.

He had a bad match with Sami Zayn which I thought was impossible.

The LMS match or the time limit match?

LMS was legit good, the time limit match was bad for numerous reasons, the biggest one being them having a fucking visible time limit (with clock!) and having a significant amount of said time be eat up by Foley fucking holding a towel and the debate over WILL HE THROW IT

10 minutes and that part alone was a full fifth of the damn match

Why do you workrate marks have no love for the Big Men™ of This Business?™ Sometimes you just wanna see a twigboy loser like Zayn get destroyed, and that's what Big Braun is here for.

Heroman

Banned
The LMS match or the time limit match?

LMS was legit good, the time limit match was bad for numerous reasons, the biggest one being them having a fucking visible time limit (with clock!) and having a significant amount of said time be eat up by Foley fucking holding a towel and the debate over WILL HE THROW IT

10 minutes and that part alone was a full fifth of the damn match
Both, that LMS match did nothing for me

W25b0ov.png

Poor guy. I can imagine Triple H stopping him backstage, telling him to no-sell some hits because they wanna make him look like a monster. Brock wasn't having any of that shit.

Kaladin

Braun was super green as a Wyatt and given no room to grow.

On his own, he's learned how to play to his strengths and make himself look like a beast in the ring.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
He had a bad match with Sami Zayn which I thought was impossible.

The matches weren't booked to make Sami look good. He's bad in the ring right now, but the question I have is whether its just because he's green or whether he doesn't have any talent. I dunno, I've seen flashes of stuff that makes me think there's something there, but its possible that's just like one or two moves. Part of the problem is that due to his size, he basically never sells anything, and you have to be able to sell to wrestle.

Ambrose jobbed to a lot less in his match with Brock compared to the damage Sami took with Braun. So...that's a good thing?

Boy I really hated that match.

Mengetsu

I'm sure this was posted already.

Anthem Media has come to terms for Jeff Jarrett to return to TNA, PWInsider.com has confirmed. We are told that Jarrett will be at this week's TV tapings, as will his wife Karen Jarrett.

We are also told that Dutch Mantel is already in Orlando and is expected at this week's tapings, which certainly lends credence to the idea that Jarrett will be helping behind the scenes in terms of creative as Mantel was always one of his top lieutenants in that regard in the past. After being let go by TNA, Mantel, considered a great mind for the business, had a run with WWE as Zeb Colter.
We are also told that this does not mean the end of Jarrett's Global Force Wrestling promotion, which has been working to establish a TV deal in conjunction with "American Ninja Warrior" production company A. Smith & Co. Productions in Los Angeles. Sources indicate that whatever Jarrett is doing with TNA, it will not impede any potential GFW business moving forward.

Link: http://pwinsider.com/article/106913/the-deal-is-done-tna-behind-the-scenes-update.html?p=1

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Ambrose jobbed to a lot less in his match with Brock compared to the damage Sami took with Braun. So...that's a good thing?

Boy I really hated that match.

Sami has the unfortunate distinction of being the best seller in WWE, meaning they make him do it all the time.

Kaladin

I'm curious to see if TNA in 2017 is any different.

I can't be the only one who was getting tired of the Hardy's over produced segments.

Angry Grimace

The funny part to me is that Brock Lesnar is a really good seller, also, he just never has to do it.

Syder

I think at the very least Strowman has a propensity to improve. I think he has far more potential than any monster we've seen in a while.

The funny part to me is that Brock Lesnar is a really good seller, also, he just never has to do it.

Brock when he sells it means something. I always like how sells tackles or when he sold for ramen at mania with the triple superman punch where he stumbles around instead of bumping like everyone else does for it.

Barrage

Braun is entertaining and has charisma, and the more of him the better.

If having a bad match with Zayn makes you a bad wrestler, then I guess Cody Rhodes sucks.

(Well I mean...he does. I just want everyone to admit it).

Top Bottom