• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

@SeanRossSapp
Riddle told us @FightfulOnline that he talked to Silas Young, who said it looks like ROH may not have their guys do AAW anymore

ROH shook

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
@SeanRossSapp
Riddle told us @FightfulOnline that he talked to Silas Young, who said it looks like ROH may not have their guys do AAW anymore

ROH shook

There was a report when Cedric left that getting out of ROH was something people were jealous of from the ROH locker room. Even London made it sound that way when he went back the first time.

So I'm sure this'll really help their locker room

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Some day Bam Bam Bigelow will get his due for his WrestleMania main event.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It's kind of a problem that a large percentage of the people who could be inducted are already dead since you probably don't want to induct a large number of dead people every year.

Miss Elizabeth
Chyna
Bam Bam Bigelow
Owen Hart
Davey Boy Smith

etc.

(and trust me, if the Big Boss Man and the Bushwackers are in, all of these people should be in)

Heyman should induct Rude.

They should induct Paul Heyman.

cordy

Banned
AJ wouldn't have near the amount of success he's had this year without the Brand Split. If it was still one roster, they'd have KO be the main champ and that would be it.

Indeed.

With that said, Vince has been said as the one actually doing the booking for SD. He likes AJ so that's great for him.
The thing with Styles though was he didn't really "do" anything. He just went out there and did his thing. It's just that fans ate.it.up. The fans are what allowed him to ascend so much. And yeah I agree the brand split helped a lot b/c I don't think that Club angle was working well for him

He couldn't tango with "The Bloodline" and he was doing horrible then. Styles turned it up once he turned heel, he just wasn't as much of a character as a face compared to his heel stuff. Besides that, his moveset is so face-like, I'm not surprised the fans loved it.
I feel like some thanks may be owed to Cena. When he was around last year, he spent a lot of time helping get other people over (Owens, Enzo and Cass, etc) and AJ was easily the biggest benefactor of that. Granted, AJ soared because he's one of the best doing it right now. But last summer was all about Cena helping get Styles out of the midcard.

Now whether that was because Cena flexed a bit to get a program with Styles, Styles advocating for himself, or Vince realizing he was letting a top talent go to waste, idk.

Yeah he really did and I'm glad Cena did that. Vince opened his eyes and saw him. Who's to say it won't happen to Omega? With that said it's rare this happened for Styles but it doesn't mean anyone else doesn't have a shot. Idk, we'll see.

Angry Grimace

I don't think KO would be champ if they hadn't done the brand split, it would have been the same thing except AJ would be where KO is.

Nekofrog

Banned
While I love the Alien series, Everything after 2 was bad because it was inconsistent. Now that Covenant is being filmed and primed for this year, strangely, I am hyped for it.

Resurrection is a legitimately entertaining b movie. Just forget that its further soiling the legacy of alien and have fun

Braun is everything wrong with WWE in 2017.
tumblr_o3aqi6ZlbW1qcf0ywo1_1280.jpg

Rick Rude, eh?

Remember that time Dolph and Lana were in a relationship angle against Rusev and Dolph had Lana's face airbrushed on his crotch, and he was supposed tk be babyface? Stupid times.

I just finished watching WK

Ya did good Kenny, ya did good.

Just finished watching it as well, good is the understatement of the century.

That was probably the greatest match I've ever seen. Omega and Okada are the number 1 and 2 best wrestlers in the world right now.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I'm just saying, there's no reason why it should've gotten SIX GODDAMN STARS for not getting big for almost 20 mins while Nakamura vs Ibushi was jaw-dropping from the start.

Tall4Life

Just finished watching Okada/Omega for the second time...yeah that is probably the greatest match ever. That match could conceivably end like 20 different times and it doesn't, it feels so fucking good. It's like King's Road in 2017.

My previous favorite ever match was Misawa/Kobashi from Noah 2003, but this might dethrone it.

somedevil

I just hoped Dave explained the 6-star rating like Spinal Tap explained the amp going to 11.

Also it seems this will be the NXT Women's match at the rumble:

Asuka vs Nikki vs Peyton vs Billie

I'm just saying, there's no reason why it should've gotten SIX GODDAMN STARS for not getting big for almost 20 mins while Nakamura vs Ibushi was jaw-dropping from the start.

Don't let Meltz work you friend.

The match was probably the best we'll see in a long, long time, though.

Pikma

Banned
Just finished watching it as well, good is the understatement of the century.

That was probably the greatest match I've ever seen. Omega and Okada are the number 1 and 2 best wrestlers in the world right now.
This post is the hyperbole of the century

sora87

Nxt Australia has been a lot of fun, Graves and Philips really are the best pairing wwe have had for a while. Love Graves burying the drifter elias samsonite.

I am not sure why or how people get so worked by Metlzer's ratings.

It can't be that hard to think "oh well, thats fine" if he doesn't like a match you do, or "thats cool" if he likes a match you enjoy.

I just hoped Dave explained the 6-star rating like Spinal Tap explained the amp going to 11.

Also it seems this will be the NXT Women's match at the rumble:

Asuka vs Nikki vs Peyton vs Billie
I wonder if NXT will have Asuka lose the belt by having her not get pinned during the match if they want to call her up for after the rumble.

I am not sure why or how people get so worked by Metlzer's ratings.

It can't be that hard to think "oh well, thats fine" if he doesn't like a match you do, or "thats cool" if he likes a match you enjoy.

but don't you know there's one right way of wrestling and it's mine and if you don't agree you're a gimmick poster

Top Bottom