• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

Friend Groovy! *Fist bump*

giphy.gif

<3

Tagyhag

I guess on that note I'm shocked we never got a RoboCop vs Terminator movie in the early-mid 90s since both franchises were pretty hot then and they were even doing crossovers in comics and video games. But the question is who would go over?!

Terminator of course.

He's all-machine, you shoot RoboCop on the mouth and he's done.

Besides, he's actually in the HOF. RoboCop helped Sting once and then left to go job somewhere.

Ronin Ray

Thanks to this thread I watched that omega vs okada match and wow that was incredible. Kenny Omega has to the next big thing in pro wrestling right ?

Menome

I guess on that note I'm shocked we never got a RoboCop vs Terminator movie in the early-mid 90s since both franchises were pretty hot then and they were even doing crossovers in comics and video games. But the question is who would go over?!

In the 90s: Robocop, because he was the good guy.

Present-Day: A draw, to set up a further two sequels and a spin-off.

Sephzilla

Was the Robocop vs Terminator game any good?

Depends on which version you play. The SNES version and the Genesis version are different enough. I played and beat the SNES version and it was okay. It's kind of bullshit hard and the music is annoying. The Genesis version looks and plays a bit better and has music thats better on the ears, but it's still weird. Also - the Genesis version has RoboCain from the second movie show up as a level boss out of fucking nowhere lol. Oh, and you play as RoboCop in both versions - he's the hero <3 - But they decided to make it a platformer even though RoboCop is slow and doesn't fucking jump, ever.

The story is fucking whack though and I could easily pitch a better RoboCop vs Terminator story.

Terminator of course.

He's all-machine, you shoot RoboCop on the mouth and he's done.

Besides, he's actually in the HOF. RoboCop helped Sting once and then left to go job somewhere.

But if we go by the movies, Terminators actually kind of suck at their job while RoboCop basically goes beast mode when it comes to big throw downs.

(Is Arnold in the WWE HOF?)

Tagyhag

But if we go by the movies, Terminators actually kind of suck at their job while RoboCop basically goes beast mode when it comes to big throw downs.

(Is Arnold in the WWE HOF?)

I mean, yeah, the first Terminator couldn't kill a pre-badass Sarah Connor, but the 2nd one killed a T-1000! That thing would destroy Robo.

(2015 celebrity wing, baby!)

Sephzilla

I mean, yeah, the first Terminator couldn't kill a pre-badass Sarah Connor, but the 2nd one killed a T-1000! That thing would destroy Robo.

The recurring joke with Terminators is that the Terminator who's actually supposed to terminate someone always gets killed by something inferior to it.

T1: T-800 is killed by Sarah and Kyle
T2: T-1000 is killed by the T-800
T2-3D: T-1000000 is killed by the T-800
T3: TX is killed by the T-850
T4: T-600 is killed by Kyle. T-800 is killed by a half human cyborg
T5: T-1000 and T-3000 are both killed by a T-800

Menome

The recurring joke with Terminators is that the Terminator who's actually supposed to terminate someone always gets killed by something inferior to it.

Clearly SKYNET should have just sent back two T800s at the same time. One to cancel out an existing T800 and the other to kill the target.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I dont know how to pull gifs from twitter but just saw one of a 6 man tag match with the wyatts vs cena/americn alpha, apparently the crowd was chanting for Randy so he tags in, walks round in a circle around a down Cena, and tags back out lol :D

Randy is alright :p

no idea if thats from a houe show or from smackdown?

Friend Blue, myself and friend Groovy are the longest reigning WrassleGAF Tag Team Champions in history
I always thought you held them by yourself. This Groovy guy has always been a jobber. Hell, I never even see him in the showers. You sure you weren't hallucinating about having a partner?

Nekofrog

Banned
*Honma keeps chopping Tanga*
FUCK THAT SHIT
I HATE YOU MOTHERFU-
SHIT

One of the things I saw live and I was laughing my ass off. Made it a point to show it to my wife the next day and she was laughing her ass off. The intentionally over the top aspect of it was great.

If I had one wrasslin' wish for 2017 it'd be for wrestlers to cut down on the goddamn thigh slaps on kicks. You know, I'd like it if the frequency of kicks in WWE would cut down on in general, if I never hear the "educated feet" (as most recently I think was used to describe Luke Gallows' kick) shit again it won't be too soon.

I love that Seth is getting a new theme while Roman still uses the Shield's.

I always thought you held them by yourself. This Groovy guy has always been a jobber. Hell, I never even see him in the showers. You sure you weren't hallucinating about having a partner?
I guess Blue keeps forgetting who's bag he's carry.

Speaking of that. Pick up my bags Dammit!!!

*Chong Li stare*

Die Hard 2 is under rated. And ironically it gets shit for being a copy/paste of the first movie, but then those same people turn around and praise Die Hard 3 which is an even bigger ripoff of the first movie.

Die Hard > Die Hard 2 > Die Hard 4 > Die Hard 3 > Die Hard 5

I don't shit on DH2 for being bad, but it's certainly very underwhelming. And yes, until Live Free was released I'd say there's a good argument for DH2 being the worst. But at the same time, DH2 is pretty good.

1 = 3 > 4 > 2 > NuRobocop > DH5

Tagyhag

Aw crap, I guess Robo is the underdog.

But he's also a heel! Look at the way he messed with ED-209.

NastyBook

THIS. Arnie got his shit wrecked by the T-1000 and the T-X. Meanwhile, Robocop beat both the ED-209 and RoboCain, with the latter fight being fucking incredible.
I love that Seth is getting a new theme while Roman still uses the Shield's.
CFO$ need to give Cesaro some love, while they're at it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I still have no idea whether Brawn has any wrestling talent.

Top Bottom