• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foffy

Banned
Do any of you guys think the four New Japan guys will keep their names? WWE's website has not bothered to use their real life names, as they often do with talent acquisitions.

Maybe they realize their names already have enough recognition, like Samoa Joe's?

New Year's Revolution 2006 EC match had no business being as good as it was. I think it's my fav one
When HBK got out, I was so sure that Masters would win. I was excited as fuck. Nope. I almost screamed, then.......

EDGE! OMFG!
2016-01-07-balor-club.jpg
Sad but true
I'm actually starting to think they might show up on WWE as the Bullet Club
There was since mention from whatever mlw is that wwe is looking at the license to it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Do any of you guys think the four New Japan guys will keep their names? WWE's website has not bothered to use their real life names, as they often do with talent acquisitions.

Maybe they realize their names already have enough recognition, like Samoa Joe's?

I don't see any way they change AJ Styles' name, but the other guys are all probably on the chopping block. Prince Devitt didn't get to keep his name so why would they?

Kaladin

If AJ doesn't keep his name, they'll have to have him in a vest or t-shirt all the time to cover up his tattoo.

Either that, or make him a secret A.J. Lee fan and have him constantly troll her and punk.

If AJ doesn't keep his name, they'll have to have him in a vest or t-shirt all the time to cover up his tattoo.

Either that, or make him a secret A.J. Lee fan and have him constantly troll her and punk.
Welp Aladdin, you just have them a grand idea and they will run with it. You're Phenomenal bubba.

Hex

Banned
WWE is loving AJ's name.
This way the more AJ Styles gets out there, they will think that it will make people forget about AJ Lee.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It's just imported NWO you don't need to sell anyone on it, really. Just don't overdo it and turn it into the actual NWO.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
AJ is way more known the American audience at large than Devitt was. I don't think the comparison is really apt. They'll never mention TNA, but he was a mainstay there and on US television for like a decade. I'd be shocked if he wasn't AJ Styles.

Angry Grimace

An invasion/nwo type angle won't work when the company itself (through Vince, HHH and steph) are already the biggest heels.

I don't mean that I think it will show up on WWE TV as nWo in terms of the whole nWo mission statement. I just mean as a marketing gimmick that sells to 15 year olds who want to wander around wearing Oakland Raiders looking gear.

If I had to wild mass guess, the only thing that would really stop WWE from straight up calling it the Bullet Club is that they're probably concerned about talking about bullets and dudes making gun gestures on a PG show.

AJ is way more known the American audience at large than Devitt was. I don't think the comparison is really apt. They'll never mention TNA, but he was a mainstay there and on US television for like a decade. I'd be shocked if he wasn't AJ Styles.

That's exactly the point. He probably gets to be AJ Styles in WWE because he's been AJ Styles in the US for like a decade. He was AJ Styles when he was working dark matches in WWE, even.

Kaladin

An invasion/nwo type angle won't work when the company itself (through Vince, HHH and steph) are already the biggest heels. Heels rebeling against heels?

They can do it on NXT where The Authority doesn't really exist. They can have Anderson and Gallows debut, wearing Balor Club shirts, interfering to cause Balor to win, but the swerve is that Finn isn't interested in their help because he's a good guy now.

This would be where you would debut Nakamura or AJ (if they would be on NXT for a bit) as their new leader to take on Finn.

It's just imported NWO you don't need to sell anyone on it, really. Just don't overdo it and turn it into the actual NWO.
Same thing my co worker said, let this be exclusive to them.
Heavy usage of the N word and lots of violence
So basically Vince's private life?

Movie was awesome btw.
An invasion/nwo type angle won't work when the company itself (through Vince, HHH and steph) are already the biggest heels. Heels rebeling against heels?
Have them work for themselves only and their mission is to take over the company.

somedevil

I was reading the NXT spoilers and it seems that for the Royal Rumble tapings a match between Asuka and Eva Marie is a real possibility.

thefro

Semi-newsworthy notes of Charlotte interview on Ric Flair's drunken podcast

- Vince McMahon's idea to put Ric Flair with Charlotte as people at home can relate to a father/daughter pairing
- Would like to wrestle Natalya or Sasha at Wrestlemania
- Wants them to change the name of the Diva's Championship to the Women's Championship. Charlotte says she's heard they're dropping all the "Diva" branding in NXT. Understands it can't happen all at once on the main roster due to all the different branding things involved.
- Lita is the agent in charge of the women's matches on the main roster
- Lita, HHH, Michael Hayes all had input into the women's title match on Smackdown
- It took three years for Bayley/Sasha/Becky/Charlotte to build what they did in NXT, it's not going to happen in six months on the main roster
- Gets upset at social media comments but only because she's so critical of herself. Uses that as fuel to improve. I think you could turn that part into a good promo.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
They can do it on NXT where The Authority doesn't really exist. They can have Anderson and Gallows debut, wearing Balor Club shirts, interfering to cause Balor to win, but the swerve is that Finn isn't interested in their help because he's a good guy now.

This would be where you would debut Nakamura or AJ (if they would be on NXT for a bit) as their new leader to take on Finn.

AJ and Nakamura are going right to the main roster. And frankly, with all the injuries, it couldn't have worked out better for them. Assuming they get booked well, the roster needs dudes in the main event/upper midcard something fierce right now. I think AJ will slide right in. I'll pray for Nakamura.

Angry Grimace

Only if WWE bought that shit too.

If they did, LOL at the guys left behind. :'( at Tama Tonga, who should've been signed too. Would love to see Tonga make a mess of Reigns.

Apparently Bullet Club is dead in Japan? I guess there aren't enough dudes around to use it.

Semi-newsworthy notes of Charlotte interview on Ric Flair's drunken podcast

- Vince McMahon's idea to put Ric Flair with Charlotte as people at home can relate to a father/daughter pairing
- Would like to wrestle Natalya or Sasha at Wrestlemania
- Wants them to change the name of the Diva's Championship to the Women's Championship. Charlotte says she's heard they're dropping all the "Diva" branding in NXT. Understands it can't happen all at once on the main roster due to all the different branding things involved.
- Lita is the agent in charge of the women's matches on the main roster
- Lita, HHH, Michael Hayes all had input into the women's title match on Smackdown
- It took three years for Bayley/Sasha/Becky/Charlotte to build what they did in NXT, it's not going to happen in six months on the main roster
- Gets upset at social media comments but only because she's so critical of herself. Uses that as fuel to improve. I think you could turn that part into a good promo.
Did they JUST put Lita in charge the past month?

KissVibes

Banned

Angry Grimace

I like how the extent of the roleplay is "I will super manpunch". Says it all.

I don't know why I'm so entertained that you consistently write it as "super manpunch"

I can feel the sands of time as they pass through my fingers.
These are the days of our lives.

Romero is a no go.
As noted, when the rumors began circulating that New Japan Pro Wrestling stars Shinsuke Nakamura, AJ Styles, Karl Anderson and Doc Gallows were all headed to WWE, other names such as Rocky Romero and Bad Luck Fale were also reportedly in negotiations to leave NJPW for WWE.

Romero was rumored to be heading to WWE for a trainer position, however Ryan Satin of ProWrestlingSheet.com is reporting Romero has re-signed with New Japan for 2 more years.

Sources close to the situation told Satin that Romero had been working on a “handshake deal” with New Japan, but once the wrestling company caught wind of WWE’s interest, they began trying to lock him down.

The reported talent exodus from NJPW to WWE is what helped sway management into offering Romero a new deal, and while Romero was entertaining the idea of heading to WWE, he wanted to continue wrestling as opposed to take a trainer position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom