• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
¡HarlequinPanic!;191626587 said:
Well, so many people are benched this season that maybe cody/dustin can actually fit on a WM card~
And it'll quite possibly be the best performed match on the card, as long as they allow it to be 15 minutes.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's too late for the Dust Brothers to EXPLODE. It already happened and it was heatless, just like Stardust is now. I love the character, really, I do, but the crowd doesn't.

klonere

Banned
¡HarlequinPanic!;191626587 said:
Well, so many people are benched this season that maybe cody/dustin can actually fit on a WM card~

A Cody/Dust feud would have to at least touch on poor Dusty and Cody has been very reticent to involve his father in any angles (The NXT thing had him completely out of character so I'm assuming he felt different about that) so I'm sure he's happy being a total goober for a long while.

It could be a great feud, they are both great talkers and if given the ability to talk with a good story outline, would be a nice near the top of the card match for Fastlane. Ain't no Rhodes gonna have a centerpiece match at Wrestlemania dammnit.

A Cody/Dust feud would have to at least touch on poor Dusty and Cody has been very reticent to involve his father in any angles (The NXT thing had him completely out of character so I'm assuming he felt different about that) so I'm sure he's happy being a total goober for a long while.

It could be a great feud, they are both great talkers and if given the ability to talk with a good story outline, would be a nice near the top of the card match for Fastlane. Ain't no Rhodes gonna have a centerpiece match at Wrestlemania dammnit.
Fuck Vince I'm sick of his shit.

What's RVD up to right now? Think he'll be in the rumble?

Friends, our prayers have been answered.

Strong BJ (Daisuke Sekimoto & Yuji Okabayashi) (c) vs. Hideyoshi Kamitani & Ryota Hama, BJW Tag Titles

ryotaHama3.jpg

Well nothing can be ruled out for the Rumble at this stage but man do I not want to see RVD come back.

RVD's last WWE run was hot garbage. No interest in seeing him in the ring again.
WWE logic you don't want to see him? Guess what, you're getting him.

Good ole JR said:
“The signing of the four NJPW wrestlers, including Bullet Club members, is essentially a done deal as in ‘agreed on the terms in principle’ type of thing. The key to this matter now is how will WWE introduce these men as how they are initially presented will go miles into how they are perceived by the fans.”

“Shinsuke Nakamura is a hugely gifted resource that WWE is getting and has the natural charisma and ‘IT Factor” that promotions are always seeking. I hope that age old stereotype of how Japanese wrestlers are presented in America is broken as it relates to this talent who can, by the way, speak English. I sung Nakamura, and others including AJ Styles, Gallows, and Anderson’s praises when I returned from broadcasting Wrestle Kingdom 9 last year to WWE honchos. I believe in these four talents and if they are used strategically and if they come in as ‘main eventers’ WWE may have made themselves four, new main event talents.”

“Could a Balor Club get created and if so can they be made to be villains? The answer is “absolutely” especially if the proposed Balor Club is friendly with The Authority. Or the Balor Club could be positioned against the Authority to make them bigger fan favorites of which they will likely be if this much talked about matter goes down.”

Menome

Blimey. Would be nice if they managed to keep Smackdown at that quality level from here on. They won't though but at least we got the first-week push of a damned good Women's Title match, a great announcer and ADR almost looking like he has a personality.

Almost.

A reign ended just so The Rock could promote a movie with it and face Cena for the title at mania..

Why Vince?..Why couldn't you have just made it a Triple threat for the title at mania or just CM Punk vs The Rock for the title at mania?

Jtqj3GI.png

Would have meant Punk main evented not only a PPV, but a Mania. Couldn't have that of course

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
A reign ended just so The Rock could promote a movie with it and face Cena for the title at mania..

Why Vince?..Why couldn't you have just made it a Triple threat for the title at mania or just CM Punk vs The Rock for the title at mania?

Jtqj3GI.png

I don't think anyone wanted that, really. Rock coming in was great as an end for Punk's "record setting" reign. It took a legend to come in and get it from him, which made Punk look great.

The story was Cena and Rock. That's it. Punk had no place there.

somedevil

NXT spoilers:

These two matches are going to be happening at the taping during Royal Rumble weekend:

Bayley vs Carmella
Zayn vs Samoa Joe for the number contender spot

Both make sense on moving on to the big Wrestlemania weekend matches for NXT.

Smackdown debut Viewership:

2.757 million viewers.

The highest viewership for Smackdown in a long time.

Sephzilla

I don't think anyone wanted that, really. Rock coming in was great as an end for Punk's "record setting" reign. It took a legend to come in and get it from him, which made Punk look great.

The story was Cena and Rock. That's it. Punk had no place there.

Bullshit.

I didn't want no Rock/Cena 2: Cena Gets His Win Back Boogaloo.

Granted I also didn't want Punk's reign being ended by a guy who wrestled 3 matches in like 8 years, either.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bullshit.

I didn't want no Rock/Cena 2: Cena Gets His Win Back Boogaloo.

Granted I also didn't want Punk's reign being ended by a guy who wrestled 3 matches in like 8 years, either.

Rock's a legend. Anyone not happy about that, well, a lot has been said. It was a huge good thing for Punk on every level.

thefro

Balor Q&A on WWE.com about the Bullet Club

WWE.COM: The rumors of WWE signing AJ Styles, Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson of The Bullet Club and Shinsuke Nakamura have been all over the Internet this week. Can you provide any insight as to whether or not they’re true?

FINN BÁLOR: I think I was more excited than anyone to read the news about what’s been going on. I have had the guys at Bullet Club, especially Karl Anderson, who’s my best friend outside the ring, give me a couple nuggets of information that leads me to be very confident about the future at NXT and WWE. For me, I think having some friends around would definitely be better for me. But whether I can say for 100% certainty that it’s going to happen …

WWE.COM: You’ve gone on record as saying you’re happy to help mold the future of NXT instead of rushing your way to the main roster, but if The Bullet Club shows up on Raw are you going to be with them?

BÁLOR: Well, I am happy in NXT. And I am proud to be the champion and proud to be the standard-bearer at the Performance Center and proud of the growth that NXT has experienced in the last year. But make no mistake about it: I am very ambitious. And I want to be in the place that is causing the most controversy and getting the most media attention and getting the most focus put on it. I did that in New Japan, I did that in NXT. And perhaps, in the future, if Bullet Club were to arrive on Monday Night Raw, there would be no better way for Finn Bálor to make his debut than with his best friends by his side.

All Time WM Dream Card

WM:

Rock v Stone Cold
Ric Flair v Steamboat
Bret Hart v HBK
Hulk Hogan v Macho Man
Ultimate Warrior v Rick Rude

Trish Stratus v Lita

Tully and Arn v Nash and Hall.

RVD v Jerry Lynn
Tajiri v Super Crazy

The FBI v Easy Money

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
All Time WM Dream Card

WM:

Rock v Stone Cold
Ric Flair v Steamboat
Bret Hart v HBK
Hulk Hogan v Macho Man
Ultimate Warrior v Rick Rude

Trish Stratus v Lita

Tully and Arn v Nash and Hall.
Lita shouldn't be on any Mania card

NXT spoilers:

These two matches are going to be happening at the taping during Royal Rumble weekend:

Bayley vs Carmella
Zayn vs Samoa Joe for the number contender spot

Both make sense on moving on to the big Wrestlemania weekend matches for NXT.

Smackdown debut Viewership:

2.757 million viewers.

The highest viewership for Smackdown in a long time.
I'm happy for SD, I just wish it were a main player like it was 4 years ago.

Ithil

Curious likenesses for Anderson and Gallows. Also unintentional racism making Nakamura so short.

I do like the smug Demon, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom