• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
can someone give me an example of a movie or a show that's available on Netflix in US but not in Europe?

what country in Europe, each country is different

but hey, Star Wars Clone Wars added recently in the US, not available for me. there you go

CYLKyrmWwAI800m.jpg

Ithil

I don't think AJ's going to be in the WWE Bullet Club knockoff. Probably just Gallows and Machine Gun will team with Bálor. I know he's the top face down there but Bálor's best work is as a heel. They're presumably hoping Bálor Club merch will take off like Bullet Club merch did.

DMczaf

Punk in 2 months got more out of Rock than Cena did in 2 years.

It was a really good feud for something that was thrown together at the last second to get Rock to transition to Twice in a Lifetime.

miserable

A reign ended just so The Rock could promote a movie with it and face Cena for the title at mania..

Why Vince?..Why couldn't you have just made it a Triple threat for the title at mania or just CM Punk vs The Rock for the title at mania?

Jtqj3GI.png

that young up'n'comer Cena had to get his win back after his worst year ever

Striker

A reign ended just so The Rock could promote a movie with it and face Cena for the title at mania..

Why Vince?..Why couldn't you have just made it a Triple threat for the title at mania or just CM Punk vs The Rock for the title at mania?

Jtqj3GI.png
His reign sucked, though not entirely his fault. All the feuds had cringe-worthy writing and acting. No memorable storylines or moments came out of it, unless you include the lowblow that ended Ryback's career.

His reign sucked, though not entirely his fault. All the feuds had cringe-worthy writing and acting. No memorable storylines or moments came out of it, unless you include the lowblow that ended Ryback's career.

His reign was better than all of the ones after it.

DMczaf

Punk had a decent reign, what held him back the most was WWE treating him like a mid-carder most of the time (see JOHN LAURINAITIS MAIN EVENTING OVER HIM)

he was written like every face is written in WWE when he was champ at first, like a goober. The love triangles with AJ, auugghh.

only really remember the d-bry match and the triple threat against miz and del rio from his reign really.

Striker

His reign was better than all of the ones after it.
I liked Brock's because he was a big deal and treated as such. It helped he was never truly in a feeble position. The problem I had with it is they never had him wrestle an assortment of guys in the upper midcard. The limited dates weren't used wisely; instead of having a match or showcase of his talents, they instead use him as a stool so Heyman can go out there and talk for ten minutes. Either way, we're comparing it to the reigns of Orton where they, again, gave more time to Triple H and Stephanie and he was just a puppet. Bryan's reign never went anywhere due his health. Rollins' reign is the same story as Punk's. This super-long reign, but nothing happens.

The only job I'll be doing for you is ... whatever you want, my part-timer contract doesn't pay enough, got any odds and ends? Can I sign some 8x10s for the kids?
I'll let you work a Legends contract and we'll pay you 80k a year but you can't go to any other company old man. I know your have debts to pay.

Lupercal

Banned
I liked Brock's because he was a big deal and treated as such. It helped he was never truly in a feeble position. The problem I had with it is they never had him wrestle an assortment of guys in the upper midcard. The limited dates weren't used wisely; instead of having a match or showcase of his talents, they instead use him as a stool so Heyman can go out there and talk for ten minutes. Either way, we're comparing it to the reigns of Orton where they, again, gave more time to Triple H and Stephanie and he was just a puppet. Bryan's reign never went anywhere due his health. Rollins' reign is the same story as Punk's. This super-long reign, but nothing happens.

Punk's championship run when Heyman was with him was still great tv though.

Menome

Wait, someone got banned for the 'parasites' remark? Not everybody thinks children are some infallible bundle of joy and greatness in the world. Glad I was never one.

Kids are okay, I guess, seeing as I'm about to become a trainee teacher. I just stand by people's right not to fawn over them.

ghostmind

The Road Warriors mentions bring back memories of my favorite tag team era in the NWA, when you had them, Doom, Samoan Swat Team, the Steiner Brothers and the Skyscrapers all going at it.

Kuroyume

Banned
Is Stardust salvageable? I like the idea of Stardust... Although I wish he was perverted like classic goldust. But, that match on Monday was just total silence. No crowd reaction. I guess the crowd was dead for the most part but like that was kind of sad to see.

Hex

Banned
Is Stardust salvageable? I like the idea of Stardust... Although I wish he was perverted like classic stardust. But, that match on Monday was just total silence. No crowd reaction. I guess the crowd was dead for the most part but like that was kind of sad to see.

He could be workable, but they need to have him involved in something that matters.
He is pretty much just wanking off right now with himself.
The Amell stuff is cute and all but goes nowhere and means nothing.
He needs to get involved in a real program with someone that matters.
He has the talent.

Is Stardust salvageable? I like the idea of Stardust... Although I wish he was perverted like classic goldust. But, that match on Monday was just total silence. No crowd reaction. I guess the crowd was dead for the most part but like that was kind of sad to see.
Cody's my boy and I know he's having fun but they need to let him and Dustin have their match at Mania so Cody can go back to being Cody. The main roster doesn't seem to care much for gimmicks anymore, they want you to be a guy with an everyday name to be a main eventer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom