• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are the days of our lives.

Romero is a no go.

I wish I could get excited by this NJPW/WWE thing but all I can see is Nak getting slapped about by Stephanie and then losing an inter-gender match against Brie Bella when Nikki uses twin magic. And having his god-tier iconic theme tune replaced with something by Saliva.

somedevil

That explains why they're so bad all the time.

Why the fuck would they want Fale when Tama Tonga IS RIGHT FUCKING THERE? HAKU'S SON. A SUPERIOR ROMAN REIGNS. BROTHER TO CAMACHO.

Well the last two Charlotte and Becky matches have been really good. Helps that they actually have a decent storyline as well.

They are still negotiating with Tama Tonga and Fale. New Japan got Romero but those two are still up in the air right now.

I wish I could get excited by this NJPW/WWE thing but all I can see is Nak getting slapped about by Stephanie and then losing an inter-gender match against Brie Bella when Nikki uses twin magic. And having his god-tier iconic theme tune replaced with something by Saliva.
He's getting the Orient express theme Bubba
That explains why they're so bad all the time.

Why the fuck would they want Fale when Tama Tonga IS RIGHT FUCKING THERE? HAKU'S SON. A SUPERIOR ROMAN REIGNS. BROTHER TO CAMACHO.
Hmmm is he under contract? He has a great look. He doesn't have a flat chest either.
I love the spoiler response lol!

DMczaf

Cena-meets-cena-final.jpg

Good guy Cena :')

I'm 37 later this year. My life is apparently in its twilight.

Im close to age with you, and I can tell you that I feel 100% different than I did a decade ago. My Body is changing. I don't know how AJ can take the bumps he takes and not be susceptible to serious injury over the next 2 years.

Im close to age with you, and I can tell you that I feel 100% different than I did a decade ago. My Body is changing. I don't know how AJ can take the bumps he takes and not be susceptible to serious injury over the next 2 years.

AJ just had the nasty back injury. Perhaps that made him realise that it was now or never regarding a wwe run.

Nakamura is the chosen one. He will be successful in the carny and racist ass WWE.

The countdown to getting nicknamed "The Dragon" and getting teamed with Funaki has already started. Betting odds that Vince will make him a virgin who has a white woman fetish have been taken off the board.

Foffy

Banned
These are the days of our lives.

Romero is a no go.

Good. I like seeing Romero, so him being an active wrestler and not a trainer is something I am happy to see.

Semi-newsworthy notes of Charlotte interview on Ric Flair's drunken podcast

- Vince McMahon's idea to put Ric Flair with Charlotte as people at home can relate to a father/daughter pairing
- Would like to wrestle Natalya or Sasha at Wrestlemania
- Wants them to change the name of the Diva's Championship to the Women's Championship. Charlotte says she's heard they're dropping all the "Diva" branding in NXT. Understands it can't happen all at once on the main roster due to all the different branding things involved.
- Lita is the agent in charge of the women's matches on the main roster
- Lita, HHH, Michael Hayes all had input into the women's title match on Smackdown
- It took three years for Bayley/Sasha/Becky/Charlotte to build what they did in NXT, it's not going to happen in six months on the main roster
- Gets upset at social media comments but only because she's so critical of herself. Uses that as fuel to improve. I think you could turn that part into a good promo.

Nice to see there's talk of them eliminating that Bratz bullshit with Divas. It is so painful to see.

The countdown to getting nicknamed "The Dragon" and getting teamed with Funaki has already started. Betting odds that Vince will make him a virgin who has a white woman fetish have been taken off the board.

Then put straight back on the board when Vince discovered Nak is a heavy smoker and allegedly sneezed once.

You should. Lots of good pics.

John-Cena-And-His-Fans-JC45601.jpg
Cool, I thought it was probably something else. I had a friend who was obsessed with Orton and Cena, he would always have these fantasties about them. Anyway there were some disturbing pics. The end.
You know they're lurking Bubba.

Good. I like seeing Romero, so him being an active wrestler and not a trainer is something I am happy to see.

Nice to see there's talk of them eliminating that Bratz bullshit with Divas. It is so painful to see.
He's still young so that's kinda dumb anyway.

shaowebb

This will be Shinsuke's gimmick:
12.jpg

Oh God I hate you so much for bringing this back up. I liked Jimmy Yang as a tag guy. Hell he trained up with AJ Styles and Jason Cross and was great in the ring. Guy had the worst gimmicks though...at least the action from The Flying Elvises was great vs The SAT.

EDIT: Well everything but Sonny Siaki.

Oh God I hate you so much for bringing this back up. I liked Jimmy Yang as a tag guy. Hell he trained up with AJ Styles and Jason Cross and was great in the ring. Guy had the worst gimmicks though...at least the action from The Flying Elvises was great vs The SAT.
James' best moment as Jimmy was when he tried to scare CM Punk and Punk beat his ass. Anyone remember which ppv that was?

Breaking Point, Yeeeeehaw, I'm your boy

Foffy

Banned
https://twitter.com/BulletClubNJPW/status/684915096632438784

Uh, I mean Bullet Club was cool but changed the business and transcended wrestling? Come on. That's Josh Matthews hyping up another TNA stinker as a five star match levels of delusion.

CX1CwPvUsAAp6Mg.jpg

Edit: OMFG is this Anderson? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DFQgSrDVgs

To be fair, Bullet Club is kind of a "transcended" thing. They're a brand known in all three major regions where wrestling exists; Japan, Mexico, and the States. They transcended their company, which is pretty impressive that such a thing happened before they even had English broadcasts.

RIP Freckle

Share the details, friend.

More bans than Big Show turns.

Just when I was ready to appoint him as Flair to my HHH

Edit: He's still alive!

MARKS GETTIN' WORKED BY THE SHEETZ

I'll let you work a Legends contract and we'll pay you 80k a year but you can't go to any other company old man. I know your have debts to pay.

I'm 24, but working the indies has given me the mentality and physical form of a man in his 60s.

Pentium II bitch
I can't even imagine one of those anymore. My neighbour had a few old laptops that he saved for me because he knows that I work on computers. They were so heavy I didn't even want to touch them. It's crazy how much technology has changed.

Tna spoiler

According to a live correspondent, Matt Hardy defeated EC3 in a Last Man Standing Match at the TNA Impact Wrestling tapings tonight to become the new TNA World Heavyweight Champion.

Matt Hardy won the match when Tyrus turned on EC3 and sided with Hardy, who also turned heel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom