• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That schoolboy powerbomb has to go.

Just give it back to Hunico/Sin Cara Negro

Va97LcB.gif

dGGDW.gif

That'll definitely be great for business. Anyone in particular?
Heyman definitely needs to be in there.
Bring JR back.
Bring back Cornette.
Bring back Russo but filter him and keep him and Jim C separated.
Ask Bill Watts for pointers on what could work nowadays since business is flat as it once was.

Get rid of these soap writers
Get rid of Dunn.

Just a few things I have in mind right now.

UberTag

Just give it back to Hunico/Sin Cara Negro
It's sad that Hunico could pull off that move on Tyler Breeze literally 3-4 times as fast as Roman Reigns and yet we have to watch at Roman laughably struggle while Cole chirps "WHAT POWER" into the mic as if he's fooling anybody.

Just more intelligence insulting, eye-rolling horseshit.

We may joke around about the WWE's single-minded "make Roman look strong" philosophy but they actually commit so many blunders repeatedly that do everything BUT make Roman look strong that one can't help shaking their head.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Heyman definitely needs to be in there.
Bring JR back.
Bring back Cornette.
Bring back Russo but filter him and keep him and Jim C separated.
Ask Bill Watts for pointers on what could work nowadays since business is flat as it once was.

Get rid of these soap writers
Get rid of Dunn.

Just a few things I have in mind right now.

Part of the reason NXT and WWE are so different is because HHH wants to get rid of Dunn and company, and Dunn is holding on for dear life in terms of power. Once Vince goes; I think Steph goes full scale corporate job and HHH brings in his booking team (the NXT team) to move forward.

Barrage

This RAW wasnt what I would call good (every match was too long, except for kalisto/del rio) but at least they have some midcard storylines cooking (becky/charlotte, giving kalisto shine, im enjoying jericho/new day even if i might be in the minority) as opposed to the creative low they were at a few weeks ago.

JavyOO7

Kalisto as champ... eh... wished Sin Cara didn't get injured and he'd get the belt instead. He'll never get his due though...

Part of the reason NXT and WWE are so different is because HHH wants to get rid of Dunn and company, and Dunn is holding on for dear life in terms of power. Once Vince goes; I think Steph goes full scale corporate job and HHH brings in his booking team (the NXT team) to move forward.

That seems to be the general belief. Once Hunter takes over, he'll want a crew of his guys, not Vince's. So you'll probably see a lot of the NXT production guys (Ryan Ward probably among them) go up.

My only problem with Hunter is the fact that he has to have himself in the middle of everything and the grudges that he holds. They claim to know what's best for business but they do a lot of terrible business.

My only problem with Hunter is the fact that he has to have himself in the middle of everything and the grudges that he holds. They claim to know what's best for business but they do a lot of terrible business.

If he has the same role on Raw once he's in charge that he does on NXT now, I'd be totally fine with that.

If he has the same role on Raw once he's in charge that he does on NXT now, I'd be totally fine with that.
We'll see.

You know other than watching my old Raws, we don't really know what it's like to just have wrestlers fight without the heel authorities getting involved. That's sad. It's been 20 since the constant involvements of the heel bosses.

shaowebb

Can't decide who has the best kicks in Stardom wrestling in Japan.

Arisa Hoshiki
5WJTwGj.gif

or Syuri
ImooSfX.gif

Both are vicious but man that is some fast as hell low faking from Arisa before snapping that leg for a high roundhouse. I bet she could low high kick like Chun Li as fast as flick was.

EDIT BONUS:
Cheerleader Melissa will hit a mother with a mother.
9rvdg8f.gif

I love how he takes pictures with everyone in NXT that's over like he trained these guys for 10 plus years and is responsible for their entire careers. Take a picture with Mojo Rawley and post that shit.

Hycran

Banned
Why are people yearning for a shane comeback when his last one wasn't even that good? He couldn't even do the coast to coast drop kick anymore.

I love how he takes pictures with everyone in NXT that's over like he trained these guys for 10 plus years and is responsible for their entire careers. Take a picture with Mojo Rawley and post that shit.
You know Hunter won't miss a moment to have someone get him over. I didn't know who Mojo was until I googled him. He looks like a waste.

^^^
We don't want Shane wrestling, we want his mind.

I see it more like when GMs of sports teams take pictures with big name guys when they sign them. Which is fairly common.

Forbes needs to stop writing about wrestling. They're horrible at this shit. 5 wrestlers who could be opponents for Lesnar at WM, the first guy is Austin.

WWE really brought Del Rio back only to be Cena fodder didnt they?

Now Cena is out he jobs to the first guy they can find.

Happy Kolisto is getting a push though. Dude has talent and its a shame he was tagging for so long.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I like how Becky didn't even remember her own match and said she made Charlotte tap out when in fact both of their matches ended in roll ups off a Ric Flair distraction.

shaowebb

Holy shit these women are brutal...Natsuki Taiyo wins. Kept digging and found this brutal badass in the Stardom roster just now. Drunken Boxer, stiff as Shinsuke Nakamura, agile as fuck too from the other clips I've seen.
Np9T6d1.gif

Usk7RMG.gif

rzomDxC.gif

T9Bg9AW.gif

KrDbJUR.gif

Shane O Mac got nothin on her. ;P

shaowebb

LOL. Yeah, I looked up hardest striker in Stardom on google and kept seeing her name after I made that post earlier. Couldn't believe how fucking stiff this girl hits. Posted a shitload moments before you got this out.

EDIT: After yet more research I feel bad for Act Yasukawa up there getting beat on even more knowing at another point a shoot fight occurred between her and the very stout Yoshiko that resulted in a shattered orbital bone in an eye she had just had surgery on for blindness. Act comes out with a bottle of booze apparently has had some absolutely brutal amounts of punishment in that league. Stardom is a bunch of gals that scare the shit outta me now after all this reading tonight.

PS ...don't look up Act Yasukawa vs Yoshiko pics. Its pretty fucking horrific.

Too many of my posters are posting more in the football thread than this one. I won't have this anymore. I'm about to take legal action.

Cagey

Banned
Morphing into Smiling Cena. No Sell Everything
The Reigns smile at the end, the same as WM, is a punch drunk "god damn he beat my ass bad, feels like I got hit by a truck, but hey I ain't dead yet" sadistic sort of emotion. It was great then and is great now.

It's not hard to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom